Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lot of Ram-lot of cpu-storage server-Romania-1gbps-10tb traffic/mo-and maybe free dmca! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lot of Ram-lot of cpu-storage server-Romania-1gbps-10tb traffic/mo-and maybe free dmca!

Comments

• @cociu said:

deadbeef said: @cociu Are the 2tb+++ coming before or after the 1tb gets sold out?

pm and i will give you the link because i cannot post the offer here because thew price is a little more than 7 eur/mo

Your currency conversion seems to be off slightly as it is about 1 euro difference per month when comparing price in euro->USD, and accounts marked in plain USD

• @cociu

Which network are the hostsystems on? (as you had different in the past).

• cociu said: pm and i will give you the link because i cannot post the offer here because thew price is a little more than 7 eur/mo

https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?a=add&pid=272 works for me (2TB) ;-). Larger than 2TB weren't in the obvious places but I didn't look hard.

Thanked by 2Falzo vimalware
  • Give us cheap price for 200 storages

• @cociu, why haven't you add some text saying "If you want to cancel the service, please use the Cancel Button instead of opening Paypal Dispute" in the order page?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    @cociu, why haven't you add some text saying "If you want to cancel the service, please use the Cancel Button instead of opening Paypal Dispute" in the order page?

Isn't that obvious?

...or is this a troll I just don't get...?

• Hehe.. Just reminding him, about his previous thread about some people choose to open dispute rather than cancelling the service :)

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@WSS said:
    Congratulations to the winners.

(I'm trying the David Letterman method of humor- if you repeat something vaguely amusing, it becomes funny as hell after 10 years on NBC)

I don't think that it's working ...

• FalzoFalzo Member

@cociu: is the disk on the storage plans somewhat raid-backed like at least raid5 or 6? also would you consider offering a 2TB storage plan as kvm instead of ovz? of course 512MB ram and maybe 2TB bw would easily suffice to keep it at the actual price...

• WSSWSS Member

@angstrom said:

@WSS said:
    Congratulations to the winners.

(I'm trying the David Letterman method of humor- if you repeat something vaguely amusing, it becomes funny as hell after 10 years on NBC)

I don't think that it's working ...

Congratulations to the winners!

• cociucociu Member

Falzo said: @cociu: is the disk on the storage plans somewhat raid-backed

in this offer is all raid 10

Thanked by 1willie
  • cociucociu Member

WSS said: Congratulations to the winners!

thanks , really i had win some new clients with the storage plans.

• @willie said:
    Install debian 7, change /etc/apt/source.list mentions of wheezy to jessie, then apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade.

Note debian 9 is getting fairly close to release as well.

Thanks for this. However the correct name is sources.list

I've come across few errors when trying to update the OS, like plymouth can't be upgraded etc...

This is what worked for me and it took at least 45 minutes to complete on the 400gb monster :

nano /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free
    deb http://security.debian.org jessie/updates main contrib non-free

Then apt-get dist-upgrade alone gave me a bunch of errors with plymouth and dependencies, so I have found this...

apt-get dist-upgrade udev plymouth
    apt-get install -f plymouth
    dpkg --configure -a
    apt-get install upgrade-system; upgrade-system

Then I rebooted and all seems correct. The only thing that I worry about is the ancient kernel from 2014.

• hmm, I didn't know about that. It occurred to me that you might need to install a sysv-to-systemd shim to get Debian 8 to work on openvz (wasn't sure if that was needed for 64 bit) so I was going to post something about it. But it sounds like you got things working.

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • cociucociu Member

FredQc said: Thanks for this. However the correct name is sources.list

I've come across few errors when trying to update the OS, like plymouth can't be upgraded etc...

This is what worked for me and it took at least 45 minutes to complete on the 400gb monster :

nano /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org jessie/updates main contrib non-free
    Then apt-get dist-upgrade alone gave me a bunch of errors with plymouth and dependencies, so I have found this...

apt-get dist-upgrade udev plymouth

apt-get install -f plymouth
    dpkg --configure -a
    apt-get install upgrade-system; upgrade-system
    Then I rebooted and all seems correct. The only thing that I worry about is the ancient kernel from 2014.

to be verry clear , when you will do a simple apt-get update and your vps will not work due of upgrade to debian 8 please do not spend our time and open tikets telling us about your vps is uracheable. I am verry sure you will have problem with this upgrade , is your choise.

• cociu said: please do not spend our time and open tikets telling us about your vps is uracheable

I'll open a ticket to get a refund then...

You don't need to be so rude.

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2017

FredQc said: You don't need to be so rude.

nobody is rude here , i have posted in our offer thread verry clear you cannot install any os, only what you have in the list , all other distros is your own risk, so to prevent you to not lost any data i prefere to be "rude". i will refound you right now.

• cociu said: nobody is rude here

Whelp, maybe it's your normal way to deal with clients, but I see it that way.

cociu said: i have posted in our offer thread verry clear you cannot install any os

Yes, after updating your original thread offer and after I've ordered.

Anyway, thanks for the refund. I wish you success.

• I've done a few debian 7 to 8 upgrades on openvz and aside from the systemd shim issue I haven't had trouble, or at least haven't lost data. There's an x86-64 debian 8 template available though, so easiest might be just to wait for it. I did a manual 7 to 8 upgrade on 32 bit systems because for some reason there's no debian 8 32-bit template.

• cociu said: 5 GB/mo traffic

I think you mean 5TB/mo?

• johnnymattjohnnymatt Member
    edited March 2017

guonning said: hope will support centos 7

He posted already a reply, no way right now.

• any refound policy?

If I may ask, are the official OpenVZ-6 templates for Debian 8 and CentOS 7 really so problematic? If so, why are they endorsed by OpenVZ?

@FredQc's question/request is/was a reasonable one, and it's not clear to me whether there's a real technical problem that @cociu is aware of or whether he simply can't be bothered.

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • gonna have to agree with @FredQc and @angstrom's points, I really don't know why it's such a problem to put the Debian 8 images on there; dealing with the Debian 7 one is a real pain in the ass.

I mean it's bad enough that the sysv->systemd upgrade between 7/8 makes dist-upgrade so funny, but the image of 7 on HostSolution seems to have some extra issues that makes a proper move to Debian Jessie impossible, like Upstart being required to restart and shutdown (which systemd wants to replace, for obvious reasons)

Did a fresh wipe like 5 times to see what I possibly was doing wrong with my dist-upgrade, still no clear fix and this is getting old

Thanked by 2FredQc angstrom
  • WSSWSS Member

Block and pin systemd. Everything continues to work perfectly fine. Systemd is just another half-baked init replacement, like the rest of them. I just assume that cociu only comes to LET to drunkpost.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • cociucociu Member

MarcusVinicius said: any refound policy?

5 days money back guarantee

• cociucociu Member

About the images of centos 7 , debian 8 , ubuntu 16 is SIMPLY NOT WORK DUE OF KERNEL what is so complicated to understand ? so if we tell our cilents IS NOT WORK way insist ?

• @cociu said:
    About the images of centos 7 , debian 8 , ubuntu 16 is SIMPLY NOT WORK DUE OF KERNEL what is so complicated to understand ? so if we tell our cilents IS NOT WORK way insist ?

Offer kvm then.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@cociu said:
    About the images of centos 7 , debian 8 , ubuntu 16 is SIMPLY NOT WORK DUE OF KERNEL what is so complicated to understand ?

Hard to understand why you keep yelling about the kernel when there are modified OpenVZ templates for the listed OS' that work fine.

Here, they're even built for you: https://openvz.org/Download/template/precreated

Thanked by 1angstrom

@cociu said:

So you have tried the official precreated templates at https://openvz.org/Download/template/precreated , all updated at the end of November?

Something tells me that you haven't.

Simply insisting that we/others cannot understand a simple point is condescending and rude unless you're willing to elaborate.