Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dissapointed with BuyVM - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dissapointed with BuyVM

Comments

• daffydaffy Member

@Francisco , I'll send you the ticket # in PM.

Just reread it, and to be fair, the answer maybe isn't that shitty. It's just.... wrong.
    This was btw in September 2016.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@daffy said:
    @Francisco , I'll send you the ticket # in PM.

Just reread it, and to be fair, the answer maybe isn't that shitty. It's just.... wrong.
    This was btw in September 2016.

Sure, let me know and I'll see where I either need to improve my hiring, improve my training, or just pull more tickets to myself.

I'm glad you're enjoying the instance either way.

Much thanks,

Francisco

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Jorbox said:

@Nekki said:

@Jorbox said:
    Its up now

BuyShared or ur penis?

I don't care what you say!

Oh I beg to disagree, senor.

• XeiXei Member
    edited March 2017

@Francisco said:

@Xei said:
    My experience with BuyVM was incessant packet loss / horrible network (they're full of excuses why something is/was always going wrong). I definitely felt scammed (I've been with shit providers that performed significantly better) so I moved onto great providers and never looked back. My story was posted in the past, I can't say I'm surprised by your experience as it's business as usual for BuyVM. The hype train is strong, if only it could be backed by quality.

If you're still into tinkering I'd happily throw you a 6 month sample of one of our slices to see how things are. I can do this later in the week.

Let me know if you're ever interested, I assure you I've greatly improved things and more on the way :)

Francisco

While I appreciate the offer I will never take it up. I only host with mature providers that offer solid networks and performance with proven track records. This is something BuyVM is incapable of delivering and no amount of customer service can make up for. I bought a NY node and after endless issues and discussions with staff I purchased a LU node falsely thinking it would be better. Fool me once, fool me twice... a third time just isn't going to happen.

Off topic: I learned a long time ago LET top provider polls are practically useless. I do feel bad for all the people that get burned by them. At the same time, prices from the industry leaders have come down so drastically that hosting with a LET provider is nonsensical as they're no longer competitive.

• Xei said: I only host with mature providers that offer solid networks and performance with proven track records.

This is LET, are you sure you're in the right place?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2017

@willie said:

Xei said: I only host with mature providers that offer solid networks and performance with proven track records.

There is quite a few providers like those he described here. They are usuallly the ones you say are 'expensive' ;-).

• um... Don't put all your eggs in one basket then.

one could always go the owned IP + announcement route after it becomes worthwhile.

• XeiXei Member

@Clouvider said:

@willie said:

Xei said: I only host with mature providers that offer solid networks and performance with proven track records.

There is quite a few providers like those he described here. They are usuallly the ones you say are 'expensive' ;-).

RamNode is my last LET provider but they've been able to hold their own so I'll keep my servers there as I have for the past few years. I moved onto Vultr, OVH, ScaleWay, Leasweb, etc. The cost to host with these other providers I listed is nominal these days and very much considered LET pricing (so 'expensive' is highly inaccurate). They also blow all the other LET providers away by miles price to performance, reliability, availability, etc.

Xei said: They also blow all the other LET providers away by miles price to performance, reliability, availability, etc.

All ? So you tested all providers here ;-)?

• I've had outages/interruptions/packet loss with OVH, Scaleway, Ramnode, and BuyVM at times. Haven't tried Leaseweb. No issues with Vultr so far but I've only experimented with them just a tiny bit. I'm satisfied with all the providers named and expect to keep using them all. BuyVM is the only one of them that can do real HA using anycast from 3 locations. I haven't tried that yet though.

• XeiXei Member
    edited March 2017

@Clouvider said:

Xei said: They also blow all the other LET providers away by miles price to performance, reliability, availability, etc.

Not interested in detailing the thread further. Good luck to you all and to BuyVM.

@Xei said:

@Clouvider said:

Not interested in detailing the thread further. Good luck to you all and to BuyVM.

Then please don't imply quality across all providers here. It varies (a lot!) from provider to provider.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • XeiXei Member
    edited March 2017

@Clouvider said:

@Xei said:

@Clouvider said:

Then please don't imply quality across all providers here. It varies (a lot!) from provider to provider.

To be frank if BuyVM is #2 in the current top provider poll and for a lack of better words they're total cr*p I don't need to try the rest. Not to mention I've used dozens of LET providers over the years before bigger hosts became competitive in the LET pricing range. I'm sure your companies are exceptions however. And again, I don't care as I've found what works for me. :)

• @Xei said:

@Clouvider said:

@Xei said:

@Clouvider said:

To be frank if BuyVM is #2 in the current top provider poll and for a lack of better words they're total sh*t I don't need to try the rest. Not to mention I've used dozens of LET providers over the years before bigger hosts became competitive in the LET pricing range. I'm sure your companies are exceptions however. And again, I don't care as I've found what works for me. :)

Buyvm #1 for me

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited March 2017

@Xei said:
    RamNode is my last LET provider but they've been able to hold their own so I'll keep my servers there as I have for the past few years. I moved onto Vultr, OVH, ScaleWay, Leasweb, etc. The cost to host with these other providers I listed is nominal these days and very much considered LET pricing (so 'expensive' is highly inaccurate). They also blow all the other LET providers away by miles price to performance, reliability, availability, etc.

Seems a lot of people still like RamNode around here, which is fine, I'm glad they are happy with them. My last experience at RamNode was that total node failure on LACKVM1 back in June 2016, I think they had a mobo/RAID card failure and it basically corrupted and brought down all the VPSes on the node. And while I do understand what happened wasn't all their fault, I didn't really feel like staying after it even with the two(?) month free credit they gave out. Anyway, I've mostly moved on to the cheap dedis and whatnot from OVH/online/hetzner/dacentec/WSI/etc, the prices aren't even all that much more really. I still have a few VPSes on various providers around here(mostly Lunanode since they have a nice setup), but I'm generally done with LET hosts for anything but small hobby stuff that isn't hard to setup again these days.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

LET hosts are very different. Actually, the diversity is what I like here (except the CC crap we all know about).
    I like the efforts to bring something new, ways to contact support and get friendly with people.
    If I want automated people I go to aruba, is cheapest I can find and have a serious company behind with some serious money, if I want flexibility and friendly support, I know where to go.
    Whether similar specs cost 50 cents more a month to a provider or another has no bearing over location, support, network quality, etc. I have low technical requirements and dont need 100% uptime, so I pick whatever I know wont give me stress in dealing with clueless or crazy support staffers, not to mention automated ones.
    We can all eat at KFC or at the friendly turkish guy across the street. My neighbour will always make my favourite changes to the standard menu, or, at least will try.

Thanked by 117brownj
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2017

refugee offer use promo code LOSINGMILLIONS http://summerhost.biz/ 110% off!

Thanked by 4Darwin WSS Kevinjoa eol
  • kaflokaflo Member

@Xei said:
    The hype train is strong

Yep

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Maounique said: We can all eat at KFC

... yes but it's disgusting ;-)

Thanked by 1mikho
  • @FredQc said:

Maounique said: We can all eat at KFC

... yes but it's disgusting ;-)

You're disgusting.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • lazytlazyt Member

I dunno what's the Turkish guy serving?

• YuraYura Member

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2017

lazyt said: I dunno what's the Turkish guy serving?

Serving servers @serverian

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

varunchopra said: You're disgusting.

No, I've eaten at KFC and @FredQc is quite correct. It's disgusting.

Thanked by 2FredQc mikho
  • varunchopra said: You're disgusting.

Are you 12 years old ?

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Let the man alone, he loves his chicken.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@Hxxx said:
    Let the man alone, he loves his chicken.

mmm...

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2017

Xei said: To be frank if BuyVM is #2 in the current top provider poll and for a lack of better words they're total cr*p I don't need to try the rest. Not to mention I've used dozens of LET providers over the years before bigger hosts became competitive in the LET pricing range. I'm sure your companies are exceptions however. And again, I don't care as I've found what works for me. :)

Then why are you here on LET at all? If all you have is negative things to say, then go right ahead and see your self to the door.

What is most ironic is you named a bunch of hosts who I know I have also had issues at, it just seems you have not chosen to use them during their hard times. I have had outages and routing issues with Leaseweb (US and NL), poor routing and bandwidth throughput on Scaleway , Outages at OVH and I wouldn't touch Vultr with a 20ft aids infested pole (but that's me).

You just seem to have a skewed view of things because the outages that are had by LET providers are more likely to end up announced here and create drama, while because others have let them selves believe these other companies are somehow 'better' it often takes longer for some of their outages and issues to be reported.

BuyVM is no worse than any of the providers you mentioned it just so happens your experience with them was during a time when they were having some difficulties.

For some reason you strike me as a person who would throw stones while living in a glass house, so its not surprising you chose to attack BuyVM during a time when they are again having some issues/growing pains. I just hope, for your sake, that your glass house doesn't come falling down around you.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• XeiXei Member
    edited March 2017

BuyVM is no worse than any of the providers you mentioned it just so happens your experience with them was during a time when they were having some difficulties.

You're entitled to your opinion but my experiences over a long period of evaluating BuyVM (half a year+) in two locations is evidence otherwise. FYI, personal attacks won't get you far in life. I was just expressing my experience and I would hope everyone is still allowed to do so. In any case I don't want to detract from your narrative so keep spinning and leave me out of it.

I come here for offers, announcements and reviews of potential worthwhile providers.

Thanked by 2netomx pluush
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2017

Xei said: You're entitled to your opinion but my experiences over a long period of evaluating BuyVM (half a year+) in two locations is evidence otherwise. FYI, personal attacks won't get you far in life. I was just expressing my experience and I would hope everyone is still allowed to do so. In any case I don't want to detract from your narrative so keep spinning and leave me out of it.

I come here for offers, announcements and reviews of potential worthwhile providers.

So, you shitting on LET, a community I have participated in actively since 2011, is not a personal attack against the community and the people here that are in it (myself included)? You say you don't like LET hosts but you "come here for offers, announcements and reviews"? This is like saying "I hate pizza, but I eat it everyday for dinner" and just as silly. If LET hosts are such utter shit, then why are you even here and why do you feel obligated to come into threads and talk like that about the community and the hosts that participate in it? That is both rude and insulting to the people in this community.

If I wanted to shit on you 'personally', believe me, it wouldn't be in such a kind hearted manor as these two posts. My intention here is to hopefully make you take a step back and read what you are writing before you post it, especially if you are going to take a big brown runny dump on the people and hosts of this community.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2jvnadr FredQc
This discussion has been closed.