Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dissapointed with BuyVM - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dissapointed with BuyVM

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Setsura said:

@Francisco said:

Setsura said: but I can't get myself over the lasting bad taste.

Same offer extended as @Xei.

Francisco

I actually reworded what I said so as to try to not be an asshole lol. I appreciate the offer though, it shows what I mean about you being a solid guy. I might take you up on it, I hope I didn't come off as trying to fish for free service, because that was not the intention at all.

Not at all :)

I want people to have a slice, OKAY?

Francisco

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @Francisco said:

@Setsura said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I actually reworded what I said so as to try to not be an asshole lol. I appreciate the offer though, it shows what I mean about you being a solid guy. I might take you up on it, I hope I didn't come off as trying to fish for free service, because that was not the intention at all.

Francisco

Are you receiving my PMs as you aren't responding to them?

@jamespeach said:

@Francisco said:

@Setsura said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Francisco

Are you receiving my PMs as you aren't responding to them?

Sorry. I'm not ignoring you, I've just not had a chance to go through it all. Been a very busy weekend :(

Francisco

• jamespeachjamespeach Member
    edited March 2017

Alright, thank you for the update, I will be looking for your response soon. Thanks

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I need to complain more about BuyVM... it's outrageous how different customers are treated. My LUX service with em is totally not even ordered and I don't see any compensating 3 year free service offer now.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2017

I had so many issues with my never services with them, that I qualify for ever free hosting.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Inb4 MikePT: did someone say FREE?!

• FalzoFalzo Member

@netomx said:

ymmd! :-D :-D

Thanked by 2netomx MikePT
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Falzo said:

@netomx said:

ymmd! :-D :-D

:*

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited March 2017

@Falzo said:

Francisco said:

Francisco

I need to complain more about BuyVM... it's outrageous how different customers are treated. My LUX service with em is totally not even ordered and I don't see any compensating 3 year free service offer now.

Not sure if this is humour or you mean it, but the thing I mentioned with the LV network line cards at fiberhub were a real issue(I think) back in 2015 or whenever. And I certainly won't complain about getting something for free, however I intend to continue the service if everything is jolly.

• ATHKATHK Member

@Francisco something going on? Buyshared is down here and uptimerobot reported my shared hosting is offline.

Thanked by 1black84
  • LunarLunar Member
    edited March 2017

@ATHK said:
    @Francisco something going on? Buyshared is down here and uptimerobot reported my shared hosting is offline.

Same. Some of my sites have been down for around 6 minutes now. I have BuyShared in LV.

@Lunar said:

@ATHK said:

Same. Some of my sites have been down for around 6 minutes now. I have BuyShared in NV.

Already looking after it, I think the fiber optic we replaced is bad, I'm already sending people over to look after it.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Lunar inthecloudblog
  • LunarLunar Member

@Francisco said:

@Lunar said:

@ATHK said:

Same. Some of my sites have been down for around 6 minutes now. I have BuyShared in NV.

Already looking after it, I think the fiber optic we replaced is bad, I'm already sending people over to look after it.

Francisco

Awesome. Thanks for the quick update :)

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Francisco said:

@Lunar said:

@ATHK said:

Francisco

now I am really loosing thousands because my LV slice is dead... :(

• LunarLunar Member

@Falzo said:

@Francisco said:

@Lunar said:

@ATHK said:

Francisco

I've already lost millions due to this. I'm going to lose all of my customers and I'll have to sell my house, car, boat and the clothes off my back :(

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited March 2017

@Lunar said:

@Falzo said:

@Francisco said:

@Lunar said:

@ATHK said:

Francisco

I've already lost millions due to this. I'm going to lose all of my customers and I'll have to sell my house, car, boat and the clothes off my back :(

Here i'm loosing 1.2 billion per millisecond that its down even though I have no service there.

Thanked by 2Lunar netomx
  • Its up now

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Jorbox said:
    Its up now

BuyShared or ur penis?

• LunarLunar Member

Was down for approximately 37 minutes. I'm glad it was late at night though :)

• AmitzAmitz Member

Nekki said: BuyShared or ur penis?

I guess that one affects the other...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:

@Jorbox said:
    Its up now

BuyShared or ur penis?

I don't care what you say!

• @Amitz said:

Nekki said: BuyShared or ur penis?

I guess that one affects the other...

LowEndKids

• daffydaffy Member

I've only filed one ticket to BuyVM in the time I'm with them, that was regarding poor network performance in LU. The response was kinda shitty to be honest, but it was fixed and I'm loving my little 128MB KVM box. Would of course like one of the new slices, but it's so overkill for my needs and can't justify the price increase over the one I have.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Jorbox said: LowEndKids

Come on - Is your humor detector still stuck in the weekend? ;-)

• I feel for you. Been there. Francisco's great and tried to help but I got another provider when Aldryic, the great, decided to send me away. It's only a sad thing it's called FranTech and not InhumaneIrritantSupportTech. My two cents.

Thanked by 2netomx MikePT
  • ATHKATHK Member

@Francisco said:

@Lunar said:

@ATHK said:

Francisco

I figured it would be a DDOS attack tbh with the exposure on LET ;)

@daffy said:
    I've only filed one ticket to BuyVM in the time I'm with them, that was regarding poor network performance in LU. The response was kinda shitty to be honest, but it was fixed and I'm loving my little 128MB KVM box. Would of course like one of the new slices, but it's so overkill for my needs and can't justify the price increase over the one I have.

I'd love to see the ticket if you could send me it.

Anyway, the issue in LV was two fold. We had a line card start failing earlier this weekend. Packets were getting routed to MAC's that they didn't belong to (suddenly random OVZ nodes were next hops for other OVZ's and it was a clusterfuck.

While I didn't agree with the diagnoses my other tech was feeling it as a proxy_arp issue (openvz enables it by default). We mass disabled it to no avail. Next options were that it was either the SuperX that was having issues or the MLX. I sent my techs in earlier today to finally start running some new cross connects around to see if we could get a better view into things.

After a bit of work (read: we moved the LAN port from one card to another) everything cleared up. We're confident the CAM/memory was starting to fail on the unit since lookups to the CAM were...funny in spots.

Anyway, in that work spanning-tree got changed which ended up BLOCKING one of the switch ports requiring us to go back in to fix that.

The Slices were mostly fine (DNS being out, few funny routes to SQL, etc) but OpenVZ and the rest of things were on the SuperX.

The SuperX has been a problem in the past but its only recently we've now got a 'per rack' configuration that we like so that's going to start getting rolled out in LV since NY already got it done. Redundant links with added blades will be a nice improvement over the SuperX setup since we've already had a pair of blades die in that thing.

Sorry. This wasn't how I wanted to be awoken myself, but "thankfully" it started right as I was just getting ready for bed so I was able to wake people up quickly and get them rolling.

We'll send this as an RFO email later on.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Lunar inthecloudblog

@luissousa said:
    I feel for you. Been there. Francisco's great and tried to help but I got another provider when Aldryic, the great, decided to send me away. It's only a sad thing it's called FranTech and not InhumaneIrritantSupportTech. My two cents.

If you're ever interested again let me know, I'm sure I can make you feel at home.

Francisco

This discussion has been closed.