Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternatives to BuyVM.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternatives to BuyVM.

I'm looking for alternatives to BuyVM.

In/around a place like Luxembourg would be good. In the same price and specifications as the KVM slices at BuyVM. Free Windows licenses aren't a must.

Can anyone recommend a good provider?

Comments

• We can basically match their prices if not cheaper and we offer free windows however not their location as we are in London, If this is ok for you do let me know but honestly BuyVM are amazing I have been a customer myself.

Thanked by 1thistle
  • And why not use BuyVM?

• varunchopravarunchopra Member
    edited March 2017

@myhken said:
    And why not use BuyVM?

2 words. Valentin Raulet.

@piohost said:
    We can basically match their prices if not cheaper and we offer free windows however not their location as we are in London, If this is ok for you do let me know but honestly BuyVM are amazing I have been a customer myself.

BuyVM is good, yes. Support matters a lot to me as well. I can't do London I'm afraid, but I'll keep you in mind. Thanks a lot.

• @varunchopra said:

@myhken said:
    And why not use BuyVM?

@piohost said:
    We can basically match their prices if not cheaper and we offer free windows however not their location as we are in London, If this is ok for you do let me know but honestly BuyVM are amazing I have been a customer myself.

BuyVM is good, yes. Support matters a lot to me as well.

We do offer some great support just google us for some reviews, We are small however but we seem to have made some good impacts on people.

• @piohost said:

@varunchopra said:

@myhken said:
    And why not use BuyVM?

@piohost said:

We do offer some great support just google us for some reviews, We are small however but we seem to have made some good impacts on people.

I was referring to BuyVM support which is next to shit in my opinion. The person I've dealt with is extremely cocky and seems to be doing me a favour by doing his job.

"You made me wait 24 hours.." when my BTC transaction was unconfirmed. Amazing support, really. Getting raged on by a menstruating teenager for something that's out of my hand is the last thing I expect from a hosting provider.

• @varunchopra said:

@piohost said:

@varunchopra said:

@myhken said:
    And why not use BuyVM?

@piohost said:

I was referring to BuyVM support which is next to shit in my opinion. The person I've dealt with is extremely cocky and seems to be doing me a favour by doing his job.

"You made me wait 24 hours.." when my BTC transaction was unconfirmed. Amazing support, really. Getting raged on by a menstruating teenager for something that's out of my hand is the last thing I expect from a hosting provider.

No harm in my shameless plug ;) but as for support i can't comment i never needed any when i was with them.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2017

@varunchopra said:

@piohost said:

@varunchopra said:

@myhken said:
    And why not use BuyVM?

@piohost said:

... what?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it standard practice to use expect at least 3-5 confirmations to guarantee that the provider(s) receive the money?

Also, why and how would the provider know that a customer is getting mood swings?

See? It doesn't make sense.

• @doghouch said:
    ... what?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it standard practice to use expect at least 3-5 confirmations to guarantee that the provider(s) receive the money?

Also, why and how would the provider know that a customer is getting mood swings?

Yes, that's why my payment confirmation took 24 hours.

It was the support staff getting the mood swings, not the customer. Make sense now?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Throw me a PM and I'll look into it today.

That sounds unlike him but I know he's stressed since we have a core router in one of our locations acting up.

Francisco

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • YuraYura Member

@Francisco said:
    That sounds unlike him but

Francisco, can you confirm or deny that Aldryic's new name after sex change is also Valentina? Would you test DNA of menstrual blood to disprove conspiracy of Aldryic sneaking back into ticket room?

Community is starved for answers. We must know. Popcorn is cooling down. :(

@Yura said:

@Francisco said:
    That sounds unlike him but

Francisco, can you confirm or deny that Aldryic's new name after sex change is also Valentina? Would you test DNA of menstrual blood to disprove conspiracy of Aldryic sneaking back into ticket room?

Community is starved for answers. We must know. Popcorn is cooling down. :(

Oh god not a thought I needed at 7 in the morning.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Yura inthecloudblog
  • @varunchopra said:

@doghouch said:
    ... what?

Yes, that's why my payment confirmation took 24 hours.

It was the support staff getting the mood swings, not the customer. Make sense now?

How though? Adrylic doesn't even work at BuyVM anymore, and this is out of the ordinary for fran

• varunchopravarunchopra Member
    edited March 2017

Adrylic got a perfect replacement I suppose. (see: post #4)

Edit: Just told the support guy not to take his frustration out on me if his life sucks. In return, got told to find another hosting provider if I can't be polite to the support staff (i.e. him).

Dude's rude 24/7 and can't stomach an insult. 10/10 support.

Thanked by 2datanoise chinmoy
  • Sounds odd, I've always found Val to offer decent, straight to the point support.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

So how about the op show us what really happened, provide some proof.

Thanked by 3k0nsl datanoise vedran
  • GromGrom Member

Hmm, BuyVM support thread again lol... Dunno but i never had any issue with their support ever. Hell even that russian guy you all blame always offered great support.

Thanked by 2vimalware datanoise
  • Many people have looked for alternatives to BuyVM, but the reality is always that there are no alternatives.

• I have like toooo many support tickets with frantech and Valentin answered them all very quickly. I accept he is bit rude but when he is I simply ask him to cool down ;-p

btw, Philip Martin still working there? @francisco

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2017

That sounds like a romanian name, I finally made it in the lion's den.

Thanked by 2Amitz datanoise
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2017

@Maounique said:
    That sounds like a romanian name, I finally made it in the lion's den.

"I" like in "Me, the Romanians"?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Francisco said: That sounds unlike him but I know he's stressed since we have a core router in one of our locations acting up.

Still not a valid reason to treat customers like that.
    As per the OP, "You made me wait 24 hours..", is definitely way too rude.

I know you'll handle it properly tho.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
    edited March 2017

Amitz said: "I" like in "Me, the Romanians"?

I, like me, under an "alternate" name, of course.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • IshaqIshaq Member

@Maounique said:
    I, like me, under an "alternate" name, of course.

Is that you, John?

Thanked by 1geekalot

Ishaq said: Is that you, John?

Yeh, baby steps, I took a romanian name this time.

Thanked by 1Amitz

@jetchirag said:
    I have like toooo many support tickets with frantech and Valentin answered them all very quickly. I accept he is bit rude but when he is I simply ask him to cool down ;-p

btw, Philip Martin still working there? @francisco

Phil's still here, he works night times though (usually with me).

Francisco

• Phil is much more helpful than Valentin Raulet and I really do not understand why the Valentin Raulet are so rude when dealing with clients.

• Guys, you're doing it all wrong.

If you need BuyVM to fix something, don't open a ticket but rather complain on LET and you'll get premium @Francisco.

• bersybersy Member
    edited March 2017

Clouvider NVMe SSD UK Slices are quite similar to BuyVM ones, and their 4/8/16/32GB ones are absolutely the same.

Thanked by 2Clouvider vimalware
  • @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    So how about the op show us what really happened, provide some proof.

Proof of what? I made this thread to look for alternatives, not to take a shit on BuyVM.

If you want to experience it yourself, I suggest you make a ticket yourself.

@Netxons said:
    Phil is much more helpful than Valentin Raulet and I really do not understand why the Valentin Raulet are so rude when dealing with clients.

Sadly, I always get Val Raulet on my tickets.

@bersy said:
    Clouvider NVMe SSD UK Slices are quite similat to BuyVM ones, and their 4/8/16/32 ones are absolutely the same.

Starter VPSes are extremely expensive, and UK isn't my first choice. But noted. Thanks!