Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When will BuyVM update pricing? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

When will BuyVM update pricing?

124»

Comments

• @Francisco said:
    There has already been discussions about fiddling with our plans some, both with prices and resources. That isn't finalized though and won't be till the end of June most likely.

Many months have passed since this. It's now September and nothing has changed.

I've received an invoice of a BuyVM 128MB $15/year VPS. How can I pay that invoice knowing that other providers are offering 1GB (plus equal vSwap) for $19/year?

8 times more RAM, double bandwidth, faster CPU for only $4 more.

Come on, @Francisco, wake up.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Are those providers providing you with a safe control panel or just SolusVM?

Are they offering you access to a dedicated /64 for IPV6? Soon to be affordable backups & snapshots support, etc? No, they aren't :) How about affordable DDoS filtering? Maybe you don't need any of these things though.

I have some things in mind, namely pure SSD storage and likely bumping the storage on the OVZ plans if the SSD ones are popular. Right now i'm fiddling with offering SSD storage as an alternative to almost all OVZ plans at the same price, just 50% less space.

I passed around the idea of lowering some of the plans and the guys weren't interested. I'm not going to force a decision that will cause headaches.

I'm sorry if you aren't happy with the price we give but we have many improvements on the way that most people will take advantage of.

I was given a really solid 2nd domain if I wanted to open another brand and compete in the rat race but I haven't decided on that yet.

Francisco