Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When will BuyVM update pricing? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

When will BuyVM update pricing?

Comments

• If you think you can get same specs with lower price
    then go get it, buyvm doesn't force you to buy their service or something =)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Don't ever change, BuyVM. :D

• @Nick_A said:
    Don't ever change, BuyVM. :D

• SpencerSpencer Member

@Jack it appears you have a hardon for BuyVM

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited May 2013

@Jack said:
    Spencer it appears that not a single fuck will be given about your opinion.

Mr tough man swearing!
    <3

• seriesnseriesn Member

@albertdb said:
    Time goes by and what in 2010 were competitive low prices, now are something between standard and higher than average prices. I think BuyVM isn't LowEnd anymore. Some time ago, when I needed to buy a VPS for a project I had waited BuyVM to restock, now I simply don't even take that into consideration. They were the firsts to offer a $15/year 128MB VPS, but their pricing is becoming more and more outdated. Why I would pay $12.95/month for a 1GB VPS if I can have the same specs with the same performance and reliability for less than $5?

What do you think?

Good morning. Welcome to real world where 1GB Real ram costs more than 5$/mo.

• SpencerSpencer Member

@Jack I have no reply to that :(
    An owl getting sprayed by a hose beats anything I could post :(

• @seriesn said:

If you buy dedicated servers you can get RAM for less than $5/gb.

Examples: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/quickpacket-49month-dual-xeon-l5420-16gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-in-atlanta/

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/versaweb-49-12gb-ram-dual-xeon-l5420-in-las-vegas-nevada/

• seriesnseriesn Member

err, I meant VPS with decent profit unless you are all in for 5$ 100GB ram vps.

• @seriesn said:

If only BuyVM wouldn't oversell at current prices... but overselling isn't bad per se.

• I don't think the price of RAM literally and physically is all it is in a VPS. There are a lot of other factors.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Actually, the price is not going down as expected, Kingston and samsung cut production to keep prices up.
    Hopefully, other producers will seize the opportunity.

• @Maounique said:
    Actually, the price is not going down as expected, Kingston and samsung cut production to keep prices up.
    Hopefully, other producers will seize the opportunity.

Kingston doesn't make RAM. It's Crucial, Hynix and Samsung. Kingston is just a "reseller". It's because now that there are only 3 companies left, they've increased prices and possibly involved in price fixing. News talks about it quite often.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@concerto49 said:

It's because now that there are only 3 companies left, they've increased prices and possibly involved in price fixing. News talks about it quite often.

That's why I hope others will join if the prices stay high for long.

• NoermanNoerman Member

Could @BlueVM contact me.

You have won my domain auction, see my current signature.

Thanks.

• @Maounique said:
    That's why I hope others will join if the prices stay high for long.

Not likely. It went down to this mostly because DRAM etc production is now an unsustainable business. The remaining players are also all SSD makers :p

• edited May 2013

Jeeze. Remember when LOW ENDtalk was for, low-end VPSes?

BuyVM's pricing is still cheap. Shit.

Don't go cry because BuyVM isn't racing to the bottom of the barrel to offer you the most resources for the least amount of money. You've literally got hundreds of options if you want more for less.

Sheesh.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

There are some providers where you have peace of mind. its not always the best bang of buck.

• @albertdb said:
    Time goes by and what in 2010 were competitive low prices, now are something between standard and higher than average prices. I think BuyVM isn't LowEnd anymore. Some time ago, when I needed to buy a VPS for a project I had waited BuyVM to restock, now I simply don't even take that into consideration. They were the firsts to offer a $15/year 128MB VPS, but their pricing is becoming more and more outdated. Why I would pay $12.95/month for a 1GB VPS if I can have the same specs with the same performance and reliability for less than $5?

What do you think?

Stuff less cheeseburgers down your mouth and whatever money you foolishly spend per month, problem solved.

• GaryGary Member

@doughmanes said:
    Stuff less cheeseburgers down your mouth and whatever money you foolishly spend per month, problem solved.

There's a difference between whether you can afford something and whether you consider it value for money.

• @Gary you're a shimmering example of what start up / new providers have to deal with their narrow minded customers. Well you know with that extra money they are making, which is often called "evil profit" by anti-capitalists on here, allows them to run their own network, buy servers and well, move from SJC to LV when they were having issues.

You knew this, of course.

• GaryGary Member

@doughmanes - you're a "shimmering example" of a narrow-minded idiot. You assumed that because he didn't like the price of one thing, that he spent his money on cheeseburgers or otherwise wasted it. Maybe for him, a BuyVM box would be a waste. If another provider's giving him good service at a price he finds acceptable, why should he pay more?

I pointed out that just because you CAN afford something doesn't mean it's good value for money. That's the whole point of LET/LEB. Getting more for less.

Personally I have no opinion on BuyVM's products or their price. If you take off your fanboy-glasses, and re-read my post, you'll see that I didn't make any judgement on the actual topic of the thread. I just stated a fact.

As for your "anti-capitalist" rant, it's quite a stretch to extrapolate that from my post.

• @Gary said:
    Personally I have no opinion on BuyVM's products or their price. If you take off your fanboy-glasses, and re-read my post, you'll see that I didn't make any judgement on the actual topic of the thread. I just stated a fact.

Fanboy? Don't assume anything, jackass. Feel free to give me a call below, maybe we can have a long talk about some of your personal issues

• @Gary said:
    That's the whole point of LET/LEB. Getting more for less.

I thought the point was "disregard logic, it's under $7" and Liam is the offer nanny looking out for your own adult decision to view a website, consider the options and either sign up or look elsewhere.

• JTRJTR Member

My IO used to be better than this...

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 13.2721 s, 80.9 MB/s

Oh well. It's not as if it's a problem yet. 80MB/s is fine.

Getting 250MB/s and 330MB/s on my servers doesn't make this look any better though.

• PatrickPatrick Member

@JTR said:
    My IO used to be better than this...

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 13.2721 s, 80.9 MB/s

Oh well. It's not as if it's a problem yet. 80MB/s is fine.

Getting 250MB/s and 330MB/s on my servers doesn't make this look any better though.

And will you ever be writing over 80mb/s ever? DD is so over rated.

• @Patrick said:

GETTING MORE FOR LESS!!!!! Even if it's unsustainable / unrealistic!!!!

• JTRJTR Member

@Patrick said:

Probably not, which is why I said "it's not as if it's a problem yet". However it's a bit disappointing to see that IO speeds have dropped over time.

• @JTR said:
    Probably not, which is why I said "it's not as if it's a problem yet". However it's a bit disappointing to see that IO speeds have dropped over time.

Heaven forbid people actually use the service they purchase.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JTR said:

You're right, and that's why we've already been planning out some hardware changes. We pushed some software changes on a few test nodes to see if that helped but it didn't help as much as we'd like.

The next project on tap is to replace our 5805/6805 raid cards with 78xxx series cards so we can get maxcache in place.

It isn't something we're just ignore by any means, it's just we have other projects to finish before 3 of our techs haul ass out to Vegas to roll out the changes :)

Francisco