Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS-3C is in stock again - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS-3C is in stock again

Comments

• yet another hard decision to be made, i just need a backup box.

I like that brand new shining HDD, and also like that i5 CPU...

Dang.. why I can't have it all??!!

BHS
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Device Model:     HGST HUS726020ALA610
    9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       72

BHS
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570S CPU @ 3.10GHz
    Device Model:     HGST HUS724020ALA640
    9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   097   097   000    Old_age   Always       -       21216

• david_W said: yet another hard decision to be made

I would keep the i5, even if the HDD fail, they would replace it quickly. So no problem here.

Thanked by 1david_W
  • @david_W said:
    yet another hard decision to be made, i just need a backup box.

> BHS
    > Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    > Device Model:     HGST HUS726020ALA610
    > 9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       72
    > 
    > BHS
    > Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570S CPU @ 3.10GHz
    > Device Model:     HGST HUS724020ALA640
    > 9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   097   097   000    Old_age   Always       -       21216
    > 

That's not a hard decision. Use the I3 for backup, and beat the crap out of the i5.

• Already having 2 i5s... need to give up one for other VPSs between these 2...

@WSS said:

@david_W said:

> > BHS
    > > Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    > > Device Model:     HGST HUS726020ALA610
    > > 9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       72
    > > 
    > > BHS
    > > Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570S CPU @ 3.10GHz
    > > Device Model:     HGST HUS724020ALA640
    > > 9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   097   097   000    Old_age   Always       -       21216
    > > 

That's not a hard decision. Use the I3 for backup, and beat the crap out of the i5.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @david_W said:
    Already having 2 i5s... need to give up one for other VPSs between these 2...

@WSS said:

@david_W said:

> > > BHS
    > > > Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    > > > Device Model:     HGST HUS726020ALA610
    > > > 9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       72
    > > > 
    > > > BHS
    > > > Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570S CPU @ 3.10GHz
    > > > Device Model:     HGST HUS724020ALA640
    > > > 9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   097   097   000    Old_age   Always       -       21216
    > > > 

Depends how important data integrity is. If it's only a media box, go the i5.

Thanked by 2WSS david_W
  • Still waiting for verification. Looked like I will miss this chance. A bit confused with the panel.

• Still waiting for verification. Looked like I will miss this chance. A bit confused with the panel.

• The i3 kimsufis are still insane value for a 2TB backup box.
    (of course you'd need a secondary backup at another location where you push the de-duped and compressed bits, at the minimum.
    MAKE that i3/i5 do some gulag-level labour :D )

• Sweet. Got another i5/16Gb in BHS.

• Is it out of stock now? it shows Invalid parameter

• fanfan Veteran

@Grom said:
    RBX4 - Rack: 54D06

same over IPv6 (maybe even worse)

Hello lowend neighbor, my crappy network one is also in that rack.

• @fan said:

@Grom said:

Been told that they're fixing it tomorrow.

• @bap said:
    Still waiting for verification. Looked like I will miss this chance. A bit confused with the panel.

Call them. They'll extend the invoice until you get validated.

• fanfan Veteran

@Grom said:

@fan said:

@Grom said:

Been told that they're fixing it tomorrow.

That's really some good news, thanks for the info!

• @Dextronox said:

@bap said:
    Still waiting for verification. Looked like I will miss this chance. A bit confused with the panel.

How do you call them? There's no contact information listed anywhere, I'm in the same boat (waiting for verification).

• ljsealsljseals Member
    edited February 2017

@advarisk said:

@Dextronox said:

@bap said:

How do you call them? There's no contact information listed anywhere, I'm in the same boat (waiting for verification).

I do not believe that it is a problem, I was advised that the department will be open in the morning. At what time I do not know but it should be fine. God bless you!

You call Kimsufi by OVH 1-855-684-5463

• @ljseals said:

@advarisk said:

I do not believe that it is a problem, I was advised that the department will be open in the morning. At what time I do not know but it should be fine. God bless you!

You call Kimsufi by OVH 1-800-266-2278

That's good. OVH shows 1-855-684-5463 as their contact number, and google says that the number you've given is a Comcast number?

Thanked by 1ljseals
  • oh sorry! They came by the house today and I just used the 1-800 number I saw.

1-855-684-5463 is the correct number.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Got mine, i3 though.

And this:

• @advarisk said:

@ljseals said:

@advarisk said:

You call Kimsufi by OVH 1-800-266-2278

That's good. OVH shows 1-855-684-5463 as their contact number, and google says that the number you've given is a Comcast number?

Yeah, the OVH line is for all OVH brands afaik, just ask for the billing department. That's what I did earlier today.

• Anyone who got the i5 box please tell me which network card is used on this model? Thank you.

• windytime90 said: which network card is used on this model

Intel 82579V

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • @saibal: Thank you <3

• So I'm thinking here in about three weeks we should start seeing a slew of "... renting out kimsufi i5, $20 per month" lol

• Huh, order got expired even though I got in touch with support. Bad luck :-(

• @advarisk said:
    Huh, order got expired even though I got in touch with support. Bad luck :-(

Same here. @OVH doesn't give a fuck.

• ashkulzashkulz Member
    edited February 2017

@Dextronox said:
    Yeah, the OVH line is for all OVH brands afaik, just ask for the billing department. That's what I did earlier today.

When I did that again just now, I was told that they don't do phone support for Kimsufi.

• @advarisk said:

@Dextronox said:

When I did that again just now, I was told that they don't do phone support for Kimsufi.

I was told the same when I called weeks ago because I was provisioned a machine that would die every two days. and all they would do is hard boot it. It got someone to look at the ticket, at least.

• My orders disappeared from my client panel, however I can still access them from their direct link, so Idk what is happening.

• damn missed :/