Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think Dedistation is dead - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I think Dedistation is dead

124»

Comments

• @daily said:
    I'm not heartbroken because I'm not using my box from DediStation for anything important, and the box is still up, but I'm kind of upset that he decided to disappear pretty much right after I renewed my $12/biannual plan.

Contact Paypal/CC/yourBank.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@joepie91 said:

@AlexanderM said:
    Hi All,

HostWithLinux was acquired by HostUS but we have no relations with dedistation.com.

We purchased HostWithLinux then shortly after this merged HostWithLinux with HostUS.

HostUS has never had any relations with DediStation and has never had talks with them about acquiring them etc

Wish I could help people out here but unfortunately their nothing to us.

Hope everyone gets any problems sorted.

// Alexander

Thanks for the response. Could you clarify why DediStation claims to be operated by HostWithLinux Ltd., according to their site? Has that just been a false claim from the start?

Hi,

I am unsure, I have never even heard of DediStation before this week, first I heard of them was when one of their customers found my mobile number and got in touch with me.

I am also unsure of what the business (if any) there was between HostWithLinux and DediStation. When we acquired HostWithLinux, there was no mention or knowledge of DediStation.

Hope this helps.

// Alexander

• i still hope this will be clarified, maybe the guy have problems .... unknow but its strange for me , you spend 6 year in a forum and lather cheat your users , i dont beleve this, at least i try to not beleve ....

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

@cociu said:
    i still hope this will be clarified, maybe the guy have problems .... unknow but its strange for me , you spend 6 year in a forum and lather cheat your users , i dont beleve this, at least i try to not beleve ....

Probably just worried about dealing with fallout like jarland (I think) said. I'm confused though because some people say their servers are fine and everything is online and has been for more than half a year, but some others have had long downtime. So it is just a specific datacenter or server he uses? I tried to read everything, maybe I missed something.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited February 2017

AlexanderM said: When we acquired HostWithLinux, there was no mention or knowledge of DediStation.

I think dedistation was founded later, if it ever was founded as a business... did you take over the business / LLC LTD when acquiring hostwithlinux or more likely just the user-base and servers? my guess would be you did not get the LLC LTD itself , just the name/label, customers and such.

and when coming up with dedistation there was the need of a registered business for linuxthefish - oh see, he still had the old LLC LTD and kept on running with this as background for the new name...

otherwise he would have stated just wrong things in his footer, if not the owner/ceo/related in any way or if the LLC LTD doesn't exist anymore at all.

sad to see, that this backfires at hostUS now just for some mess around a 'label' vs. a name of a LLC LTD.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Falzo said:

AlexanderM said: When we acquired HostWithLinux, there was no mention or knowledge of DediStation.

I think dedistation was founded later, if it ever was founded as a business... did you take over the business / LLC when acquiring hostiwhtlinux or more likely just the user-base and servers? my guess would be you did not get the LLC itself , just the name/label, customers and such.

and when coming up with dedistation there was the need of a registered business for linuxthefish - oh see, he still had the old LLC and kept on running with this as background for the new name...

otherwise he would have stated just wrong things in his footer, if not the owner/ceo/related in any way or if the LLC doesn't exist anymore at all.

sad to see, that this backfires at hostUS now just for some mess around a 'label' vs. a name of a LLC.

DediStation is more than likely using a wrong footer.

Alexander

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2017

@MikeA said:

@cociu said:
    i still hope this will be clarified, maybe the guy have problems .... unknow but its strange for me , you spend 6 year in a forum and lather cheat your users , i dont beleve this, at least i try to not beleve ....

Probably just worried about dealing with fallout like jarland (I think) said. I'm confused though because some people say their servers are fine and everything is online and has been for more than half a year, but some others have had long downtime. So it is just a specific datacenter or server he uses? I tried to read everything, maybe I missed something.

It kind of feels from a distance like maybe servers aren't getting renewed and maybe they were prepaid for amounts of time.

Best guess I've got.

• AlexanderM said: DediStation is more than likely using a wrong footer.

so the data from the link above https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09310035/officers is true and Mr. Fisher resigned in July last year while you took over the LTD?

he most probably would say he forgot to change the footer then? maybe you should sue him ^^

• Well since I can access mine through IPv6 and not IPv4, maybe rented IPv4 addresses weren't renewed?

So I guess if anyone here has something important on the VPS and can't access it, you may want to try downloading a backup via IPv6

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @Yura said:

@daily said:
    I'm not heartbroken because I'm not using my box from DediStation for anything important, and the box is still up, but I'm kind of upset that he decided to disappear pretty much right after I renewed my $12/biannual plan.

Contact Paypal/CC/yourBank.

Why?

and the box is still up