Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think Dedistation is dead - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I think Dedistation is dead

Comments

• That looks outdated, HostUS only acquired HostWithLinux.

DediStation is operated under DediStation Ltd.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

nullnothere said: There's an explicit statement/disclaimer from @AlexanderM of HostUS that they acquired HostWithLinux but they have NOTHING to do with DediStation.

How does that work? Unless DediStation was broken off from HostWithLinux before the acquisition of HostWithLinux, I can't see how HostUS would be unrelated or not responsible for them.

• DediStation didn't exist during the HostWithLinux acquisition.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@nullnothere said:
    @Ishaq - the DediStation website lists HostWithLinux as contact address/company.

See: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1627453

There's an explicit statement/disclaimer from @AlexanderM of HostUS that they acquired HostWithLinux but they have NOTHING to do with DediStation.

Apparently AlexanderM/HostUS is still listed as a Director for HostWithLinux per (relevant) company records.

Hopefully @AlexanderM can also clarify whatever he knows.

Companies House states no directors for the aformentioned company. Check again.

edited February 2017

@Ishaq said:
    DediStation didn't exist during the HostWithLinux acquisition.

Then why does DediStation mention them in their footer? If DediStation didn't exist during the HostWithLinux acquisition, that only leaves one scenario: DediStation has always been lying about who they've been operated by, because HostWithLinux/HostUS claims "we have nothing to do with it" yet they are mentioned in the footer, and it can't be "outdated information" because there was never a period where 1) DediStation existed and 2) HostWithLinux existed independently.

Something doesn't add up here, and I'd love to know on which side that is...

Thanked by 2Yura nullnothere
  • @Clouvider - all my information was based off the WHT thread (that I linked to).

I checked via @Ishaq's link for HostWithLinux and found:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09310035

where it lists HostUS as "Persons with significant control" under the "People" tab. Interestingly enough, the most recent resignation in the "Officers" tab is HostUS on February 1st 2017 (which is just around the time of the thread on WHT, and of course by then, at least here on LET, there had already been enough issues with DediStation).

Again - none of this contradicts what @AlexanderM has stated (that HostUS owns/has interest in HostWithLinux but they have nothing to do with DediStation).

• TL;DR titties up? Seems like it. One of the few providers here I didn't have anything with.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ricardo said:
    TL;DR titties up? Seems like it. One of the few providers here I didn't have anything with.

Tl;DR is they offered cut throat pricing on things and likely slit their own throat during it when things slowed down sales wise or they got too busy.

He did have the brand HostUS owned and there was a lot of similar issues over there (incredibly deep discounts, support MIA at times, etc).

Francisco

• I am with hostus and they're adequate for now, they are indeed cheap. So is buyshared mind you.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @jvnadr said:

jarland said: Not particularly. I do think that it would be of value to invest in a more comfortable toilet.

The dream?

NOMONO!! Don't kill the computer while "enjoying yourself" inside in the tub!!! Splashing water on that baby will kill it :(

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited February 2017

Nekki said: Stop smoking

No. I don't smoke, sorry.

• @jenkki said:

I don't smoke, sorry.

Then how do you ingest the crack?

• Nekki said: Then how

Nope, never tried everything related. Are you about self experience?

• @Nekki said:

@jenkki said:

I don't smoke, sorry.

Rectally? Or does "the crack" mean something else in this context?

• Stay on topic please.

• @jenkki said:

Nekki said: Then how

Nope, never tried everything related. Are you about self experience?

Fucking love the stuff. Goes in via the eyeball ATM.

@teamacc said:

@Nekki said:

@jenkki said:

I don't smoke, sorry.

Rectally? Or does "the crack" mean something else in this context?

Crack in a suppository is in interesting concept...

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited February 2017

Hi All,

HostWithLinux was acquired by HostUS but we have no relations with dedistation.com.

We purchased HostWithLinux then shortly after this merged HostWithLinux with HostUS.

HostUS has never had any relations with DediStation and has never had talks with them about acquiring them etc

Wish I could help people out here but unfortunately their nothing to us.

Hope everyone gets any problems sorted.

// Alexander

• It's sad that these things happen, particularly if it involves relationships here souring. Still, business/pleasure and all that.

Integrity can be a rare beast in these instances, but perhaps there is something more at play. It'd difficult when personal circumstances get used as reasons, one reason why I just want service and give cash... leave everything else separate.

Thanked by 1erkin
  • edited February 2017

I can confirm that a VPS has been offline for over a week, someone actually set the support ticket "In progress", but didn't bother replying, the control panel returns server IP as "Unknown".

I honestly couldn't care less for the service, but what I do care about is the data, while the VPS obviously wasn't used for production, some progress & developement work was still lost,

It would be fair that he atleast allows his clients to save their data, but this is more then obvious that he is deadpooling and should be treated accordingly, cutting the hosting and running with money is exactly what he's doing, he's also straight up ignoring all PM's, wall messages, tickets etc.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

he's also straight up ignoring all PM's, wall messages, tickets etc.

He is bannned, dont know how long though

• @Clouvider said:

Only banned in the last 24 hours.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • I have services with them in Montreal for close to a year and I have to say, they haven't skipped a beat. Can't speak about support times because I have only opened one ticket shortly after buying and it was answered in a few hours.

• @RockIslander said:
    I have services with them in Montreal for close to a year and I have to say, they haven't skipped a beat

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Thanks for posting the uptime graph @Yura

• The VPSs I have with them are still going strong. I don't use them really much, tho.

[root@uk ~]# uptime
     18:08:35 up 136 days,  1:45,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.05
    [root@uk ~]# 

[root@dsn ~]# uptime
     13:09:11 up 143 days,  3:35,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    [root@dsn ~]# 

First is with Clouvider, the other with CC.

@AlexanderM said:
    Hi All,

HostWithLinux was acquired by HostUS but we have no relations with dedistation.com.

We purchased HostWithLinux then shortly after this merged HostWithLinux with HostUS.

HostUS has never had any relations with DediStation and has never had talks with them about acquiring them etc

Wish I could help people out here but unfortunately their nothing to us.

Hope everyone gets any problems sorted.

// Alexander

Thanks for the response. Could you clarify why DediStation claims to be operated by HostWithLinux Ltd., according to their site? Has that just been a false claim from the start?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Clouvider said:

I'm thinking permanent unless/until he approaches me to explain the situation. For which he can use the ticket system linked on the right side (if he sees this).

• @professionalxen said:
    I can confirm that a VPS has been offline for over a week, someone actually set the support ticket "In progress", but didn't bother replying, the control panel returns server IP as "Unknown".

I honestly couldn't care less for the service, but what I do care about is the data...

The same here, but my 2 vps are down for about month. It seems I lost some small money, but I can live with it. But I'd like to get my data at least...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I too got 7-8 VPS with Edmund and he hasn't replied to me for 4 days or so.
    Pretty upset. I need those VM's, though data is not important, still need it. Now it seems I just need to get service somewhere else.

• I'm not heartbroken because I'm not using my box from DediStation for anything important, and the box is still up, but I'm kind of upset that he decided to disappear pretty much right after I renewed my $12/biannual plan.