Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

zxhost is a company or one man? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

zxhost is a company or one man?

13»

Comments

• I have a couple of VPS with ZX that work perfectly well by LET standards (a little downtime here and there, some installation trouble with one of them that Ash took care of). If I have anything that raises doubts about the company, it's that the price of the most recent storage special was too LOW. I hesitated about it for that reason and decided in the end to buy it anyway. But I'm planning to use it only for backups where there's another complete copy of the data elsewhere.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2017

@vps365 said:
    very bad experience with this vendor.

Unprofessional. Not even send you an activation email, just reply in ticket.

No control panel setup, it seems the vendor just forgot.

Ticket open for more than 3 days without a single reply. ( still waiting for reply)

For the price you paid, you shouldn’t expect support to be active over the weekend.

• Just placing this here for those who may be looking at ZX Host as a potential VPS provider.

**AVOID ZXHost! **

Was reasonably happy with the service until a week ago.

Has been down for 6 days now. Limited and vague email updates only and they are not answering support tickets.
    I ended up having to resort to finding the person running it (one man show - which I wasn't aware of) on Facebook Messenger to try get some answers that way!! And I still don't know when service is to be restored. To be honest, I don't think he knows himself - which is worrying.

I'll be migrating to another provider as soon as I can get my data.

• Who cares if one man I've had better service and support from one man companies than big ones. He has explained clearly in his emails what is happening do you need an update every 5 minutes? I for one am happy that he's working hard to save the data. You stalked him on fb messenger? Is he not entitled to a private life?

• @lurch said:
    Who cares if one man I've had better service and support from one man companies than big ones. He has explained clearly in his emails what is happening do you need an update every 5 minutes? I for one am happy that he's working hard to save the data. You stalked him on fb messenger? Is he not entitled to a private life?

Totally agree with you. Answers have been very fast and I stated in that thread earlier, that this is one of the best hosters I use. I still feel that way, however Ashley should make sure that everyone receives the email updates he is sending. I did not receive any update via mail but still appreciate his continued efforts to rescue everyones data.

• Did you check their status page?

Why are you posting the same post in every zx host thread?

• I haven't been following the zx status page but between here and the email updates, per Lurch, I don't feel like I need status reports every 5 minutes. It's also clear from the emails that the exact state of the cluster and software (and therefore the amount of remaining work) is still unknown. That is unsurprising in a situation like this, not some kind of shocking reveal. It's also likely that not all (conceivably none) of the data will be recoverable, so now you know that in advance and can spare yourself some shock if that turns out to be the reality.

• One schizophrenic man.