Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

zxhost is a company or one man?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

zxhost is a company or one man?

icaseicase Member
edited February 2017 in General

zxhost.co.uk has many sites recommended, so I bought the LET special plan. than began a series of not smooth.

The first, the plan need 48 hours confirm, I can understand that.
Then, the VNC had issue,

At last, the billing pages couldnt visit. When I write this post, it still does not return to normal. At the beginning, the ticket replied very fast, until the billing system has down. the ticket reply once, then no any reply, it has past 6 hours.

Then I found, the tickets, sales and support both one person did. so So I have been started to wonder if "they were" one man?

BTW: After somebody's education. I feel I may need to endure, not complain. Just because I bought a cheap service. I am the poor to shut up.

Update my view:

Be a new customer, I think I have such an anxiety is normal. After all, I have no experience before touching them. This has nothing to do with the price.

But if there is an unstable situation at the beginning of the service. Will naturally be questioned. Because I had a similar problem before. I believe that many people have encountered such a situation.

If my expression makes some people feel disgusted. I apologize.

But I still keep my point of view: that is, the service has nothing to do with the price, just as bandwagon exists the same.

Thanks @AshleyUk 's efforts!

Thanked by 1kjl24

Comments

• Was this issue in the weekend? Or was is last week, before the weekend? Most companies are short staffed in the weekend. Not saying they can be a "one man show".

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited February 2017

6 Hours isn't bad, considering the price you are paying. If you want 10-minute responses, get AWS with premium support plan.

Thanked by 2BlaZe BrianHarrison
  • Maybe it's one person, who knows . . . there are probably 100s of thousands of companies around the world run by one person.

It's not clear to me what you are trying to complain about, the billing system?

• Markdown

Thanked by 1aaraya1516
  • myhken said: Was this issue in the weekend? Or was is last week, before the weekend? Most companies are short staffed in the weekend. Not saying they can be a "one man show".

Today. not weekend, if weekend, I could understand.

• Having the same "Login to n2 Host failed" error. I opened a ticket, hoping for the best.

• TheOnlyDK said: 6 Hours isn't bad, considering the price you are paying. If you want 10-minute responses, get AWS with premium support plan.

I can not agree with you. First of all, this situation is not related to the price. Your service (sales) website can not access, this is a fundamental problem.

• It's funny I have the exact opposite impression. The time I have been with this company I only received responses from Ashley as well, but they were very professional and quick. It's one of the best hoster I use. All my production stuff runs on their machines.

• icaseicase Member
    edited February 2017

chrisp said: It's funny I have the exact opposite impression. The time I have been with this company I only received responses from Ashley as well, but they were very professional and quick. It's one of the best hoster I use. All my production stuff runs on their machines.

Yes, before I ordered the services, I heared many appraise like this, then, I choose them.

• @chrisp said:
    It's funny I have the exact opposite impression. The time I have been with this company I only received responses from Ashley as well, but they were very professional and quick. It's one of the best hoster I use. All my production stuff runs on their machines.

I think the problem is the billing/account management site is down, and newly provisioned VPS cannot be accessed through other means (to our knowledge). It's not a great first impression, but stuff happens.

• Microlinux said: Maybe it's one person, who knows . . . there are probably 100s of thousands of companies around the world run by one person.

It's not clear to me what you are trying to complain about, the billing system?

For me, I contact zxhost just now, encountered this series of problems, so I feel the uncertainty. But to see so many people praise them. So hope to verify.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@icase how much do you pay per month?

If you do not want to say, would you say it is enough that if 5000 people did the same they could afford to pay dedicated full time sales, billing and support staff on a 24x7 shift rotation, while covering equipment and running costs?

Or would you say it is enough that if they had 5000 customers paying the same they could treat themselves to a hummus dip and a cucumber after paying a mortgage?

But to seriously answer your question: https://www.zxhost.co.uk/about.html yes they are a registered company, they registered in April 2016.

• It's evening in the UK right now-- sales/billing issues typically are only handled during business hours. Fwiw I see similar error on the management page (n1 host failed rather than n2) but my VPS is up and working fine. Looks like some issue with the control panel.

• icaseicase Member
    edited February 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    @icase how much do you pay per month?

If you do not want to say, would you say it is enough that if 5000 people did the same they could afford to pay dedicated full time sales, billing and support staff on a 24x7 shift rotation, while covering equipment and running costs?

Or would you say it is enough that if they had 5000 customers paying the same they could treat themselves to a hummus dip and a cucumber after paying a mortgage?

But to seriously answer your question: https://www.zxhost.co.uk/about.html yes they are a registered company, they registered in April 2016.

I can be sure that you are not standing on the customer point of view.

Secondly, I said the situation is that their service website can not be opened, the server can not be managed. If the price is low, so it can be so, does that mean that anyone can say: man, there is something to eat., why should we complain of diarrhea.

Cheap clothes also need to have buttons, right?

• @willie said:
    It's evening in the UK right now-- sales/billing issues typically are only handled during business hours. Fwiw I see similar error on the management page (n1 host failed rather than n2) but my VPS is up and working fine. Looks like some issue with the control panel.

The website can not visit for 6 hours, it become normal just now. 504 error

• @icase said:

Secondly, I said the situation is that their service website can not be opened, the server can not be managed. If the price is low, so it can be so, does that mean that anyone can say: man, there is something to eat., why should we complain of diarrhea.

Anthony did not tell you that you should not complain, nor did he tell you that it is acceptable for a provider to not render services ordered. But you are complaining over a ticket that is pending reply for 6 hours, while it is evening in the UK, where the company is based.

You will get a reply at some point and I'm sure your issues will be resolved, and you might even be able to claim SLA credits later. But if you weren't guaranteed a response time, then don't expect it and don't judge other people's company structures. I didn't pay for tech support for AWS and they took a whole week to change a PTR record.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith ucxo
  • Wait 24 hours. If something's broken, most providers notice within 24 hours anyway. If something's broken on your vps, open a ticket and wait 24 hours for a response (minimum).

This way your expectations will not be set too high, and when they respond earlier you get a good feeling.

• @icase said:

@willie said:
    It's evening in the UK right now-- sales/billing issues typically are only handled during business hours. Fwiw I see similar error on the management page (n1 host failed rather than n2) but my VPS is up and working fine. Looks like some issue with the control panel.

The website can not visit for 6 hours, it become normal just now. 504 error

It's better for them to fix the problem first rather than responding to all the tickets regarding the same issue. Have some patience, you are not the only customer ZXHost has but you are the only one complaining. I have a server with them, and it's having the same issue, but I'm neither complaining nor am I opening a ticket with them to increase their workload. Just wait.

• @busbr said:

@icase said:

Anthony did not tell you that you should not complain, nor did he tell you that it is acceptable for a provider to not render services ordered. But you are complaining over a ticket that is pending reply for 6 hours, while it is evening in the UK, where the company is based.

You will get a reply at some point and I'm sure your issues will be resolved, and you might even be able to claim SLA credits later. But if you weren't guaranteed a response time, then don't expect it and don't judge other people's company structures. I didn't pay for tech support for AWS and they took a whole week to change a PTR record.

My service just opened less than 8 hours. Then all installation and setup are only done in half. Not just for a ticket.

• @teamacc said:
    Wait 24 hours. If something's broken, most providers notice within 24 hours anyway. If something's broken on your vps, open a ticket and wait 24 hours for a response (minimum).

This way your expectations will not be set too high, and when they respond earlier you get a good feeling.

Yes, you said right. this point I understand.

• What wrong with ,,one man''? Herd always sounds better

• looks like they're making progress...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

icase said: Cheap clothes also need to have buttons, right?

okeedokee then, you also expect less of cheap clothes, or at least.. you should.

• Works for me now.

• aaraya1516aaraya1516 Member
    edited February 2017

@willie said:
    Works for me now.

I feel like every time I bring up the VNC I break it... 504 again...

• icaseicase Member
    edited February 2017

willie said: Works for me now.

NOW:

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

Working for me....

• Well it sounds like someone is working on it.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited February 2017

@icase

First of all, stop overreacting.

No host is perfect, and it's definitely not acceptable for you to scream "NOW" and point fingers too early.

Thanked by 1ucxo