Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to register a domain, any TLD, 10 years, budget: $10 - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want to register a domain, any TLD, 10 years, budget: $10

124»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WSS said: Well, that sucks. I'm not going to waste money on pointless TLDs unless they're for pennies!

We could setup a private underground .lowend TLD. Pretty sure we can find some cheap 128MB VPSes to host some DNS servers...

Thanked by 1WSS
  • raindog308 said: We could setup a private underground .lowend TLD. Pretty sure we can find some cheap 128MB VPSes to host some DNS servers...

128mb? come on live a little man try with 32mb and go real lowend!!!!

• layfonlayfon Member
    edited April 2017

AuroraZ said:

raindog308 said: We could setup a private underground .lowend TLD. Pretty sure we can find some cheap 128MB VPSes to host some DNS servers...

128mb? come on live a little man try with 32mb and go real lowend!!!!

Any tutorials on that? I installed nsd4 on centos7 as DNS slave with one small zone(<20 records) only and 64MB ram is almost gone. I have already lowered rrl-size to 100000(1/10 of original).

• layfon said: Any tutorials on that? I installed nsd4 on centos7 as DNS slave with one small zone(<20 records) only and 64MB ram is almost gone. I have already lowered rrl-size to 100000(1/10 of original).

We used to have a wiki with this stuff in it, but I imagine that has gone the way of the wind as well.

• Look like .win, .bid and .men are not recive bulk discount anymore.

They only stay at 0.95 the first yrs.

http://puu.sh/v9MVK/a6efd21da6.png

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited April 2017

Aluminat said:

Look like .win, .bid and .men are not recive bulk discount anymore.

They only stay at 0.95 the first yrs.

The problem is with their site because you can still get these names renewed @ cheap at other registrars. namesilo and dynadot for example.

Even porkbun has low listed renewal prices. Looks like a misconfiguration of their shopping cart software.

• So I asked porkbun about the renewal pricing and they acknowledged that it is a problem on their end. They gave me a temporary workaround while they fix it:

if you register the domain and then renew in separate transactions you should get the correct pricing.

@aluminat

Thanked by 2saf31 Aluminat
  • @Abdussamad said:
    So I asked porkbun about the renewal pricing and they acknowledged that it is a problem on their end. They gave me a temporary workaround while they fix it:

if you register the domain and then renew in separate transactions you should get the correct pricing.

@aluminat

Its good too know :-)