Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to register a domain, any TLD, 10 years, budget: $10 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want to register a domain, any TLD, 10 years, budget: $10

Comments

• Why'd you buy a .ro domain for a decade? You don't but 10 heads of lettuce that you expect to last a month in the fridge..

• @WSS said:
    Why'd you buy a .ro domain for a decade? You don't but 10 heads of lettuce that you expect to last a month in the fridge..

Pretty sure .ro is much more likely to last (with renewal fees) for a decade than most of these gTLDs.

For gTLDs, an RFP is sent out for someone to take over the registry. If no RFPs are received or approved, then the gTLD will be closed in accordance with the gTLD's sunset rules.

This post made me realize what a waste of time most of the new (unpopular) gTLDs actually are.

• @elwebmaster said:

@WSS said:
    Why'd you buy a .ro domain for a decade? You don't but 10 heads of lettuce that you expect to last a month in the fridge..

Pretty sure .ro is much more likely to last (with renewal fees) for a decade than most of these gTLDs.

I was trying to make a political unrest joke not at the expense of my own country- where 99.9% of it is paid by a person who makes money off of our country failing. I can't wait for .website to go away, can you?

• RossRoss Member
    edited February 2017

@jcaleb said:
    I bought 6 domains from porkbun, thanks for this.

Question though, say I wish to lock the prices for a very long time. If I bought it for 10 years, can I immediately renew it again for another 10 years for 20 yrs total?

Hey, @jcaleb, this is Ross from Porkbun support. Apologies if this reply is in violation of lowendtalk rules, but to answer your question, no. ICANN rules prohibit domains from being registered more than ten years out.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Poor, poor Ross. I've abused the hell out of him for the last couple days.

• got linuxiso.party and similar in a few other of the 95 cent tld's. Only did 5 years b/c I'm cheap, but the post-1-year renewals were .65/year.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I think RoTLD just got greedy, like everyone else. Was going to buy quite a few domains at a onetime price, for the sake of it. Now I don't regret not doing it.

• @Radi said:
    I think RoTLD just got greedy, like everyone else. Was going to buy quite a few domains at a onetime price, for the sake of it. Now I don't regret not doing it.

It's not RoTLD's fault. It's the new party that came to full power in Romania, they want money, so they requested taxes (such as ROTLD) and also increased multiple current taxes (so they can provide to pensions, social assistances, national minimum salary increase, and so on).

• I got caught up in the frenzy too! I have a name for my storage vps, darksite.download. I got a few others... Though I should have just saved the money for coffee.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

emdad said: Porkbun, registered 3 .win at 6.50 each for 10 year. these tlds has some pretty weird AUP though.

I don't see any weirdness...?

http://nic.bid/resources

http://nic.win/resources

• WSSWSS Member
    edited March 2017

For anyone who missed the .party:

.win, .bid, and .men are all listed at $0.95/1.25 w/ $0.30 off so, $0.95/yr. However, I signed into my account, and they're not.

The first domain is $9.50 for 10 years, with a $2.70 discount, so $6.80, with subsequent domains listed at $9.50, with a $3.00 discount, bringing them down to $6.50.

You, too, could have a memorable domain such as:

• splaining.men
    • spreadinglessons.men
    • hardfail.win
    • hairpiece.bid

@MagicalTrain said:
    .win/.bid etc all go for the same price as the party one.

Other than the new gTLDs, .ru is cheap. But you need to give them your passport...

I know of a place to get .ru w/o passport requirement for about $3/yr. Not sure I want to introduce them to LET, though, because they're quite nice folks.

• You forgot naked.men, hard.men, nekki.men etc...........

Thanked by 1seaeagle
  • WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:
    You forgot naked.men, hard.men, nekki.men etc..

Not my scene, baby. Also, they charge premiums for dictionary words most of the time.

WSS said: .win, .bid, and .men are all listed at $0.95/1.25 w/ $0.30 off so, $0.95/yr. However, I signed into my account, and they're not.
    WSS said: The first domain is $9.50 for 10 years, with a $2.70 discount, so $6.80, with subsequent domains listed at $9.50, with a $3.00 discount, bringing them down to $6.50.

Yep, I registered a LNLL.win tonight for $6.50.

• WSSWSS Member

@raindog308 said:
    Yep, I registered a LNLL.win tonight for $6.50.

linuxiso.win is available for registration!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I need some shit domains

• wilbowilbo Member

I just got (myname).win for 10 years at porkbun. $6.63 for 10 years. A cheapskates dream!!

• edufeduf Member

any reason to pay for 10 years for a random domain? seo? money sites?!?

• This new TLD's .. traps :D, From $0,88 to $84.88 ..

• wilbowilbo Member

I got it for 10 years because it was cheap. I can use it for my email address and it will be free for the next 10 years. Or if I do figure out something to do with it I have it for 10 years. Plus they would be good for things like Owncloud, so you don't have to remember IP numbers.

Thanked by 2WSS mrbb

Heck, I got a LNL.win for $6.50 for 10 years.

Sure, a couple years from now the .win registry will collapse and renewals will be $300, but...

• WHTWHT Member
    edited March 2017

@raindog308 said:

Sure, a couple years from now the .win registry will collapse and renewals will be $300, but...

It 0.95$ year. How did you get for 6.50$ 10years? Any coupon?

edited March 2017

@WHT said:

@raindog308 said:

It 0.95$ year. How did you get for 6.50$ 10years? Any coupon?

Add one to your cart, change billing term to 10 yr.

Thanked by 1WHT
  • WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:
    I need some shit domains

fecalparty.win is available

Thanked by 1mikho
  • wilbowilbo Member

vpsforthe.win is available $6.53 for 10years. Sell gaming VPSs with it.

• WSSWSS Member

@wilbo said:
    vpsforthe.win is available $6.53 for 10years. Sell gaming VPSs with it.

camprfagznevr.win is also available.

• lowendtalk.win is also available.

• wilbowilbo Member
    edited April 2017

It looks like porkbun.com has put a stop to the 10 year $6.63 registrations. You get the discounted price for 1 year and full price for every year after that. I was wondering what I was gonna do with the domains I got and now I wish I would have bought more.

Thanked by 1raindog308

default said: lowendtalk.win is also available.

But lowend.party is not. I'm saving it until I start seeing "WTB: Grandfathered 10y Domain" threads.

• WSSWSS Member

Well, that sucks. I'm not going to waste money on pointless TLDs unless they're for pennies!