Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to register a domain, any TLD, 10 years, budget: $10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want to register a domain, any TLD, 10 years, budget: $10

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WSS said: I got a .party domain for 10 years, and it cost me $6.80. I can live with that.

That's the kind of thing I'm looking for here.

Do not want a .tk or one of those freebies.

Comments

• raindog308 said: Tagged: it'll-be-the-next-google or-facebook or-xhamster

• .win/.bid etc all go for the same price as the party one.

Other than the new gTLDs, .ru is cheap. But you need to give them your passport...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

MagicalTrain said: .win/.bid etc all go for the same price as the party one.

Right but they're coming out >$10 for 10 years. I think I need a special deal or something.

• Porkbun might have something (due to $6.80/10yr for some new TLDs)

Thanked by 2kingjj dosai
  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited February 2017

Aphnames was offer domains less than $1 can be registered for few years but looks like now promo over.

EDIT: Looks like they still offer TLD such a .bid or .man for $9,60 /10 yr

MagicalTrain said: Other than the new gTLDs, .ru is cheap

Can be ordered only year by year.

• Get one of those 88cents new TLDs from Namecheap > https://www.namecheap.com/promos/amazing88s.aspx

Register for the first year and then go to domain management and renew it for another 9 years at 88cents a year.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • Ah k. I stopped looking at .ru domains when I found out about the passport thing.

As for .bid or .win, porkbun sells them for .65 cents past the first year. (if you order in one go)

Kobian said: Namecheap

Ugh.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • As for namecheap, I am under the impression that renewals dont work. I just looked myself and my .88 cent domains cant be renewed for that price.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @MagicalTrain said:
    As for namecheap, I am under the impression that renewals dont work. I just looked myself and my .88 cent domains cant be renewed for that price.

check again :) .bid/.win can be renewed at 88 cent

https://www.namecheap.com/promos/amazing88s.aspx

@raindog308 said:

Kobian said: Namecheap

Ugh.

Porkbun, registered 3 .win at 6.50 each for 10 year. these tlds has some pretty weird AUP though.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @MagicalTrain said:
    As for namecheap, I am under the impression that renewals dont work. I just looked myself and my .88 cent domains cant be renewed for that price.

It does work for renewals. I just renewed a .88 cent domain for 3 years. You might wanna watch out for that Whois guard renewal though as it's auto enabled during checkout.

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited February 2017

@emdad I checked again:

@Kobian where exactly, because as said, my domains all show up as normal price If I want to extend

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited February 2017

.accountant, .bid, .cricket, .date, .download, .faith, .loan, .party, .racing, .review, .science, .stream, .trade, .webcam, .win

should have all the same 10-year price at porkbun ($ 6.80)

another somewhat cheap 10-year TLD is .men (€ 8.92/$ 9.60 for 10 years at alpnames)

• Careful with those 88 cents or similar domains. Pretty all registrars don't accept registrations for longer than a year and/or ask hefty prices for renewal or multi-year.

That said, Alpnames should have some domains for slightly less then 10$ for 10 years (but iirc they ask extra for whois privacy),.

Thanked by 1kjl24

mfs said: should have all the same 10-year price at porkbun ($ 6.80)

Mission accomplished.

• They have add/edit DNS records option inside CP?

• @jenkki said:
    They have add/edit DNS records option inside CP?

Glue records? Yeah. They also indeed let you set your own NSes or use their own DNS if that's what you're looking for.

Thanked by 1jenkki
  • @jenkki said:
    They have add/edit DNS records option inside CP?

Yes

Thanked by 1jenkki
  • @MagicalTrain said:

@Kobian where exactly, because as said, my domains all show up as normal price If I want to extend

I went into domain control panel, Add Years and this is what I get.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2017

The glue record is the option below the DNS records. PorkBun is strange, but $7/10 is well worth dealing with it once or twice. I never even looked for lowend. DOH!

Edit: seatless.bike is available for $4/yr.

• @Kobian said:

@MagicalTrain said:

I went into domain control panel, Add Years and this is what I get.

Strange, this is what I get:

Thanked by 1kjl24
  • @tmwc said:
    Porkbun might have something (due to $6.80/10yr for some new TLDs)

Thanks for that. I just brought yet another domain name I don't need and didn't really want because it was super cheap and available... at least it wasn't another Steam game I guess.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited February 2017

@raindog308 said:

mfs said: should have all the same 10-year price at porkbun ($ 6.80)

Mission accomplished.

Congratulations! Now redirect jarlands.lowend.party to the cest pit :P

Thanked by 2raindog308 tmwc
  • For what it's worth, we've ALL looked up lemon.party, and no, it wasn't available.

• I didn't bother looking up lemon.party. I looked up whoopass.party and it's available as a premium domain, $500+something. Nah.

• @willie said:
    I didn't bother looking up lemon.party. I looked up whoopass.party and it's available as a premium domain, $500+something. Nah.

Porkbun loves to charge premiums for stupid shit. cheddarwurst.party was somethng like $1100, but wurst.party and liverwurst.party were $0.95/yr. .racing, .win, and .date were all but pointless to even search for.

• Porkbun seems to have modified the selection of TLDs on sale since yesterday. Not that I'm seriously tempted(!), but just to point out that

lowend.accountant
    lowend.date
    lowend.download
    lowend.faith
    lowend.racing
    lowend.webcam
    lowend.win

can each still be obtained for 10 years for $6.80. In fact, if you order two or more such domains for ten years, the price on the second and following drops to $6.50!

Just imagine a dating site called "lowend.date". :-)

Anyway, you can thank me later. :-)

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • lowend.accountant - site to help you keep track of your idle vps

lowend.racing - benchmark contests

lowend.faith - you expect the $15/year server running your megabuck business ("I'm losing millions!!!") to never go offline

etc.

• @angstrom said:
    Porkbun seems to have modified the selection of TLDs on sale since yesterday.

Anyway, you can thank me later. :-)

I already have crackwhore.date, buddy - don't make me sue!

• WSS said: I already have crackwhore.date,

hahaha!

Btw the premium domain thing appears to be done by the tld operator (.party in my case). It's the same price at namesilo +/- a little.

Thanked by 1WSS