Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kevin Hillstrand Banned on WHT? Edit: Drama* - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kevin Hillstrand Banned on WHT? Edit: Drama*

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Dragoon0309 said: @Francisco Exactly, people make mistakes and get into bad stuff all the time, what matters most is what you do right now, and if you can stay clean :)

I'm for giving chances.

Making a false identity to get around bans just to continue the same games isn't really 'staying clean' though.

TMZ is in the same boat and it's only a matter of time before they get perm banned. The owner has already been infraction banned for like 2 months in the past.

Francisco

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said: CVPS and you suddenly saw an influx of positive reviews on WHT

Wrong again, like always. Influx reviews resulted in better support and product. But believe what you want.

@Jack said: Well @Francisco and @Aldryic never fail to bring the good shit to the party do they.

If you mean well planned out lies that are plausible and believable then yes.

• LeeLee Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said: Wrong again, like always. Influx reviews resulted in better support and product. But believe what you want.

To be fair I doubt that, in honesty I seen very little of any reviews on CVPS at WHT until Adam started working for you and all of sudden they start appearing.

@CVPS_Chris said: Wrong again, like always. Influx reviews resulted in better support and product. But believe what you want.

Sure :) Then why aren't they still coming in? The mods didn't delete the writeups that were posted.

Francisco

That moment when you can't wait for the previews to get over and for the actual movie to start.

• AdamJAdamJ Member
    edited May 2013

@Francisco said: snaps fingers

Gather around children for the story of Adam and VPSLatch.

Adam originally started a brand called hostlatch that was very budget and targetted places like wjunction and the cess pools that can happen on digitalpoint. He sold 'unlimited everything' alpha masters on nodes with a pair of 500G drives in RAID1, as well as a lineup of VPS servers.

He had to migrate his nodes all the time to try to get things to float due to likely chargebacks and the likes. After a while he create vpslatch to try to take out knownhost in the managed market and gave hostlatch to a really nice guy named Jacob.

VPSLatch ran silly deals that they really made $0 on or was at a loss. Selling servers with cPanel for $15/m on RAID10 nodes using 3ware cards and shitily hosted with hostdime. Manny being the dick that he is never gave the same price twice on things like cpanel licenses and Adam only noticed it once I pointed it out.

Anyways, back to the story of Adam. Now, to boost his own sales he had multiple shills as staff members that created new accounts on WHT. They then posting glowing reviews. The biggest review thread went on for 40+ pages as he got other people and likely real clients to drop positive feedback.

He wasn't the only one doing this. Dustin from semoweb was also in on it. He was a sales rep for them but never disclosed this fact on WHT. All the while he was running semoweb and kept his semoweb sig. FTN-Chris, while he'll deny it till the cows come home, was also a top ranked billing manager for them.

He felt he was such a bad ass working for them that he tried to out play @Aldryic when he signed up with bullshit details. Boy was he wrong. That, amongst some other terrible points, are the reasons why FTNChris and @Aldryic don't see eye to eye. Ever.

Now, at one point VPSLatch lost a kingpin customer that Adam was suckering out of $100k/y+ for a half dozen P4's out of singlehop. The client closed down their brand after the client couldn't 'buy servers, beat hostgator, print money'. When this happened, Adam likely did his books and saw that, without said client, VPSLatch was right. fucked.

Within a week of losing said client he sold the brand to Hostdime. Rumor around is that he even tried to screw Manny by giving incorrect profit reports. The story continues that Manny then threatened to get his legal muscle involved.

Now, don't take my word for all of this. Below is a link to a lovely zip file put together by "LoyaltyVT", the king shill that Adam had working for him as well as WHT. You'll see the beautiful choice of words attached to such rock stars as vpsbyte's old owner, Camron.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h5628amdsms2m5a

He's a piece of...work to say the least.

When 'Kevin' was working for urpad you saw a constant slew of positive reviews for them. At the same level as what was going on during the vpslatch days. The day he leaves? it all dries up. Did the service level change? Maybe but not so much that they go from 5 - 10+ reviews a week to maybe 5 a month.

Kevin started working for CVPS and you suddenly saw an influx of positive reviews on WHT about them. Once the mods saw this? They nailed 'Kevin' in the balls and suddenly it also dried right up.

Francisco

Francisco,

I felt the need to sign up and respond, as the claims you have made against VPSLatch and myself are false. I don't understand how I was dragged into this topic, however Manny and I are still great friends. We haven't talked in a while, but the transition of VPSLatch went smoothly and I never attempted to deceive him in anyway. I am sure he can respond here and confirm if he even has a LET account.

@FTNChris did some side work for me, he didn't have too much access. As for the shilling, I did ask ONE employee to create a review, that's because he really wasn't working for me at the time (but helped out occasionally). That was LoyaltyV, he wasn't actively working with VL until a couple months later. There was no shill ring going on at all with VPSLatch, other than me and you ( see: http://imgur.com/a/gRlTp ) :)

~ Adam
    (ex) HostLatch/VPSLatch Owner

edited May 2013

@Francisco said: Sure :) Then why aren't they still coming in? The mods didn't delete the writeups that were posted.

We never had that many to begin with. We have no presence there, so that would explain it. 2-3 reviews a month is hardly anything and still stays that was ( I just reviewed on WHT ).

Is 2-3 reviews a month a lot haha? I dont think so.

Edit: UT OH, whats this??? ( Above post )

@AdamJ said: @FTNChris did some side work for me, he didn't have too much access

Check the zip.

That's quite a lot of login access. Same with Dustin no?

You're a hoot and a scammy guy.

@CVPS_Chris said: Is 2-3 reviews a month a lot haha? I dont think so.

Once Kevin joined you went from your usual 1 - 3 a month I think, to like...4 in a single week. Kevin lost his signature and rights to respond to them and then it dried right up.

Hell, I get the feeling that @bluevm got dragged into the Kevin mess because Kevin got in there giving a thumbs up.

Francisco

@Francisco tell us more about Adams post, this is exciting.

@Francisco said: 4 in a single week.

Was is consistently 4 in a single week? No, that happened like what, one week. Your such a joke, and now your babbling about something you did yourself and blaming me for something I never did.

You are one shady guy, always have been, always will be.

• edited May 2013

Who approved @AdamJ 's account? He just signed up today, but all accounts require approval from a mod or admin.

I don't see it in the list of recently approved accounts....

@Liam @Infinity @Chie.. wait, who am I kidding. Chief won't respond

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited May 2013

@AdamJ said: @FTNChris did some side work for me, he didn't have too much access. As for the shilling, I did ask ONE employee to create a review, that's because he really wasn't working for me at the time (but helped out occasionally).

Half-truthing at it's finest

@CVPS_Chris said: You are one shady guy, always have been, always will be.

lol, the irony

• LeeLee Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said: Edit: UT OH, whats this??? ( Above post )

Like you did not know Kevn, sorry Adam was about to sign up and do that.

@CVPS_Chris said: Was is consistently 4 in a single week? No, that happened like what, one week. Your such a joke, and now your babbling about something you did yourself and blaming me for something I never did.

I didn't blame you or CVPS for anything, notice I didn't bring up any confirmation on if/why you or your brand aren't allowed on there.

It only happened for a single week because come week 2 the mods laid down the hammer.

I sent a good 2 dozen+ customers to Adam when I was friends with him because I didn't have the energy to deal with the level of management those people need. While I 'scratched his back', it wasn't unjust. The service was good for 3/4 of the time until he replaced his indian support team.

• LeeLee Veteran

@MannDude said: I don't see it in the list of recently approved accounts....

@Liam @Infinity @Chie.. wait, who am I kidding. Chief won't respond

Indeed, no mention of any approval in the activity list, which would mean the account was created from the admin panel. Spooky!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Also would like to know who approved Adam's account. Other than that, just trying to pick the right popcorn brand.

• @jarland said: just trying to pick the right popcorn brand.

Kettlecorn

• BradNDBradND Member

There is some serious stuff on buyvm in that pic....

• LeeLee Veteran

@jarland said: Also would like to know who approved Adam's account. Other than that, just trying to pick the right popcorn brand.

I am familiar with the panel and how it works, I am sure that it was not "approved" but created from the admin panel. Adam appears very quickly, gets an account "created" for him at LET, you work it out.

• It's always nice to see a provider dragged to register to this forum :p

• edited May 2013

From what I've been told a member here was contacted by Adam and that member contacted a mod to have it approved immediately.

Won't say names. Feel free to speculate because I know you already are.

Don't let this derail the thread too much, as AdamJ already has another account on here he should of used to post from.

@Infinity approved it.

@W1V_Lee, take your conspiracy theories else where :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

@CVPS_Chris said: @Infinity approved it.

Indeed, I have access to the list of unapproved accounts, and I saw the name, I saw drama, I thought, great!

Just when I approve it doesn't come up as it would with Chief or Liam.

@Jack said: Bullshit, He is busy with school.

Was, I really cba now. My GCSE's are fuxed anywa...:(

@Jack said: Bullshit, He is busy with school

Step down, thanks.

• NickONickO Member
    edited May 2013

Removed

• LeeLee Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said: @W1V_Lee, take your conspiracy theories else where :)

Well I can post things too direct from Kevin that proves he is Adamj, but let's play out the other drama first ;)

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Jacob said: I have a one infraction atm, I've had close to a full house of infractions but that's about the time when I pipe down a lil'.

I have 10 infractions this year, 8 have expired lol.

@W1V_Lee Please share then, Id like to see for myself.

• @CVPS_Chris said: @W1V_Lee Please share then, Id like to see for myself.

I've got a ton of evidence too, but don't wish to give you guys time to make up stories first.

• LeeLee Veteran

@MannDude said: but don't wish to give you guys time to make up stories first.

Indeed, waiting until the hole gets bigger.

@MannDude said: I've got a ton of evidence too, but don't wish to give you guys time to make up stories first.

Im waiting, no stories to tell here sir.

This discussion has been closed.