Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kevin Hillstrand Banned on WHT? Edit: Drama* - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kevin Hillstrand Banned on WHT? Edit: Drama*

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2013

@mpkossen said: @CVPS_Kevin said: I think I hit a nerve of a mod on there when I spoke up about how WHT was dying in one of the threads there. I'll contact WHT when I have the time to get more information, as the infraction simply says "contact us." I don't represent CVPS on WHT, so could care less about my account on there as our company doesn't rely on any forum or website to stay in business.

No, CVPS is banned for shilling and anyone about at that time will confirm it, it was so blatant and your master knows fine well.

You don't represent CVPS there through choice, it's because they are on a perma ban for everything, you tried to put your CVPS signature on and change your name to reflect that you work for them and got slapped down right away.

There is more to come about you Adam, I am surprised you have not seen what is going about or maybe you have and that is why your so quiet recently. It's not even word of mouth, it's things said by you :P

• Hmm... Hillstrand... Deadliest catch!

• MunMun Member

@Makkesk8 said: Hmm... Hillstrand... Deadliest catch!

LOL that is what I thought too.

• LeeLee Veteran

@mun, when you going to fix that spelling mistake?

• @Mun said: LOL that is what I thought too.

Haha, same here!

• @LV_Matt said: Adams already banned :) Not that we ever found out why, but the whole TMZVPS/ TMZHosting / Kevin Hillstand shilling ring has collapsed now!

I still don't understand why Daniel (TMZHosting / TMZVPS) is still allowed on WHT, he has spammed his sig so much there, and as you said is full of shilling but the mods don't seem to really care... I guess he got warned because he has stopped but most members would have been banned already for all of the stuff he's done.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2013

I think a lot of the most recent things I have seen will mean Daniel will not be far behind, Dustin @ Semoweb too.

• Before I was there as a provider, somebody was looking for some webhosting, so I made a nice helpful reply to a one i'd used before who was solid, 100% uptime, easy to get in touch with, etc.

Mods perm banned me for shilling, but then apologised once I asked them to re-read the post :)

• WebhostingTalk isn't a bad place. They're more strict, but they actually have active admins that aren't MIA and do things to protect their visitor-base. While I understand it's not all agreeable, not everyone will be happy all the time.

Hell, I've got a handful of infractions for relatively mundane and stupid things, they mean nothing more than to re-read the rules so your posts meet a criteria that ensures a consistent quality.

In regards to the bans, all I'll say is that there was a lot of talk and speculation in the Premium forums, and I believe the mods there have collected enough evidence to justify a ban.

This wasn't a CVPS thing, or a URPad thing. I think it was a dishonesty thing, between two individuals and nothing more.

• why are people crying over WHT, get over this piece of crap and get your business listed on as many websites as possible

is yahoo or Google listed on WHT ? get the picture ?

only the stupid create a business around WHT

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2013

@kandosan said: only the stupid create a business around WHT

Or LET, oh wait, but so many....

• edited May 2013

nevermind

edit

• LeeLee Veteran

@CVPS_Kevin said: Nick, perhaps its for all the shilling that my past employer (URPad) who you work for now

Nicko works for URPad?

• @W1V_Lee said: Nicko works for URPad?

He did for a short time. Helped out on LiveChat and processing some tickets. He just recently joined the NZ Army and has left due to time restrictions.

• @MannDude said: He did for a short time. Helped out on LiveChat and processing some tickets. He just recently joined the NZ Army and has left due to time restrictions.

Didn't he start his own company earlier? It disappeared?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2013

snaps fingers

Gather around children for the story of Adam and VPSLatch.

Adam originally started a brand called hostlatch that was very budget and targetted places like wjunction and the cess pools that can happen on digitalpoint. He sold 'unlimited everything' alpha masters on nodes with a pair of 500G drives in RAID1, as well as a lineup of VPS servers.

He had to migrate his nodes all the time to try to get things to float due to likely chargebacks and the likes. After a while he create vpslatch to try to take out knownhost in the managed market and gave hostlatch to a really nice guy named Jacob.

VPSLatch ran silly deals that they really made $0 on or was at a loss. Selling servers with cPanel for $15/m on RAID10 nodes using 3ware cards and shitily hosted with hostdime. Manny being the dick that he is never gave the same price twice on things like cpanel licenses and Adam only noticed it once I pointed it out.

Anyways, back to the story of Adam. Now, to boost his own sales he had multiple shills as staff members that created new accounts on WHT. They then posting glowing reviews. The biggest review thread went on for 40+ pages as he got other people and likely real clients to drop positive feedback.

He wasn't the only one doing this. Dustin from semoweb was also in on it. He was a sales rep for them but never disclosed this fact on WHT. All the while he was running semoweb and kept his semoweb sig. FTN-Chris, while he'll deny it till the cows come home, was also a top ranked billing manager for them.

He felt he was such a bad ass working for them that he tried to out play @Aldryic when he signed up with bullshit details. Boy was he wrong. That, amongst some other terrible points, are the reasons why FTNChris and @Aldryic don't see eye to eye. Ever.

Now, at one point VPSLatch lost a kingpin customer that Adam was suckering out of $100k/y+ for a half dozen P4's out of singlehop. The client closed down their brand after the client couldn't 'buy servers, beat hostgator, print money'. When this happened, Adam likely did his books and saw that, without said client, VPSLatch was right. fucked.

Within a week of losing said client he sold the brand to Hostdime. Rumor around is that he even tried to screw Manny by giving incorrect profit reports. The story continues that Manny then threatened to get his legal muscle involved.

Now, don't take my word for all of this. Below is a link to a lovely zip file put together by "LoyaltyVT", the king shill that Adam had working for him as well as WHT. You'll see the beautiful choice of words attached to such rock stars as vpsbyte's old owner, Camron.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h5628amdsms2m5a

He's a piece of...work to say the least.

When 'Kevin' was working for urpad you saw a constant slew of positive reviews for them. At the same level as what was going on during the vpslatch days. The day he leaves? it all dries up. Did the service level change? Maybe but not so much that they go from 5 - 10+ reviews a week to maybe 5 a month.

Kevin started working for CVPS and you suddenly saw an influx of positive reviews on WHT about them. Once the mods saw this? They nailed 'Kevin' in the balls and suddenly it also dried right up.

Francisco

• Does anyone know if Travis from SolidShellSecurity had something to do with this because it looks like he was banned the same exact time as Kevin and Chris?

• SpencerSpencer Member

@Francisco said: VPSLatch ran silly deals that they really made $0 on or was at a loss. Selling servers with cPanel for $15/m on RAID10 nodes using 3ware cards and shitily hosted with hostdime.

UrPad is any different? TIL

• PatrickPatrick Member

Interesting read, actually first time I read a no non-sense brick wall in a while

@Spencer said: UrPad is any different? TIL

cPanel prices have improved some since then so the deals aren't so 'out of this world'.

There was multiple times Adam sold VM's on auction for $20/m with cpanel and they had 2GB+ RAM.

His nodes were usually crappy spec'd. 3430's and such with 8GB RAM.

At peak they had about 900 VM's spread over like 40 nodes so the servers weren't really overloaded. Their biggest issues is that the older 3wares are peices of shit.

Francisco

• @Francisco I love it every time you release the ponies :P

• @Francisco so how is Dustin not banned since he was helping out also when still promoting VL while working for them? Or have the mods not seen that screenshot? :O

@EliteTurtle said: @Francisco so how is Dustin not banned since he was helping out also when still promoting VL while working for them? Or have the mods not seen that screenshot? :O

Mods maybe haven't got that far down the list.

It's also possible that they forgave him or his employer pleaded for him.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: It's also possible that they forgave him or his employer pleaded for him.

Yeah I'm surprised Quadranet lets him work for them when he has his own company plus now it's coming out he was helping shill VL too.

@EliteTurtle said: Yeah I'm surprised Quadranet lets him work for them when he has his own company plus now it's coming out he was helping shill VL too.

Why would they care? The Chris guy they have working for them has a really fucked up past if anyone dug around. He's clean now and I'm hoping made amends.

At the end of the day they care about someone that does what they're paid to do, same thing CVPS_Chris will care about. You think any of this or the proof, etc, will make Chris can Kevin/Adam? I can't see it happening.

Francisco

• Does anyone know if Travis from SolidShellSecurity had something to do with this because it looks like he was banned the same exact time as Kevin and Chris?

He was banned because his hacker and warez past came back to bite him in the ass and Travis is really Truvis

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1261806&highlight=solidshellsecurity

• @Francisco Exactly, people make mistakes and get into bad stuff all the time, what matters most is what you do right now, and if you can stay clean :)

• @Francisco said: Why would they care? The Chris guy they have working for them has a really fucked up past if anyone dug around. He's clean now and I'm hoping made amends.

Well maybe not because of the proof but you'd think they wouldn't want him to own his own company while working for theirs but I suppose not now that I think about it. They have to know it's not like he's hiding that he owns semo.

This discussion has been closed.