Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBill's pricing history, current pricing, bad decissions and the path to disaster [updated] - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBill's pricing history, current pricing, bad decissions and the path to disaster [updated]

124»

Comments

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited May 2013

I love the new Ask The CEO option.
    I wish I was lying: http://hostbillapp.com/order/

• @Spencer said:
    I love the new Ask The CEO option.
    I wish I was lying: http://hostbillapp.com/order/

Classic

• Lets all pool in to ask him what the fuck he's smoking and if he will share.

That or he's bored with hostbill and just wants to gradually kill it off.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

Must of been me asking about custom development for a WHMCS to HB script lol.

They dont charge extra for order pages, there are a few premium modules, and so far they have been spot on with weekly updates.

If you're going to do OnApp VPS's hostbill is a no brainer compared to WHMCS.

• Seriously.. For 1000$ you can develop your own custom billing system?

• $999 for renewals?! $75 per ticket!! This is blasphemy. This is madness!!!

• marcmmarcm Member

@NodeDeals said:
    $999 for renewals?! $75 per ticket!! This is blasphemy. This is madness!!!

@NodeDeals - Well, yeah, but this isn't Sparta :P

• PatrickPatrick Member

@NodeDeals said:
    $999 for renewals?! $75 per ticket!! This is blasphemy. This is madness!!!

They changed back to $45 for renewals now, probably change in a few days though.

I guess at the end of the day, it's their business and they can do whatever they want.

• SpencerSpencer Member

Maybe they watch this thread and change their pricing that way we talk about them...

• marcmmarcm Member

@Spencer said:
    Maybe they watch this thread and change their pricing that way we talk about them...

@Spender - that's why I started this thread, hoping to get their attention and raise awareness.

@Patrick - you have a valid point there but sometimes it's good to try and make someone aware that they're wrong.

• @Liam said:
    I think the pricing is not the issue, but the frequency of them changing it is and the uncertainty of the company. $600-1000 is not to much for good enterprise software. Personally I would stick with WHMCS.

Very true.They look unstable acting far worse than kids.

• @Spencer Next pricing box will be "Ask CEO's girlfriend" who knows :D

• This is new:

• NodeDealsNodeDeals Member
    edited May 2013

@BronzeByte said:
    This is new:

What's special about the "Special"??
    edit: nvm... found it!

• It's a bit of a discount.

• "Ask CEO" box is there as well

• t3stert3ster Member

I don't know when they added it, but it says

(> No renewal fees

Like 99% of population we hate renewal fees. So we no longer charge it from current and future customers - pay only for features you want!
    )

But they renamed their "Ask CEO" to "Presale questions" and increased the price to $99.95

If I have to pay to ask questions before the sale, that's pretty stupid.

• In order for me to pay someone to ask them a question is they would have to be on live cam and voice.. I would write down 100 questions to ask.. Make sure you get your moneys worth. Cause I sure in the hell wouldn't wait for them to reply via support ticket for all we know it could be automation.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Snickertastic said:
    they would have to be on live cam and voice naked

There, fixed it.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

It's absolutely ridiculous now - they change their pricing ever 2 days. I really liked it and considered buying it an year ago, but they pretty much lost me as a client. Unless someone wants to get rid of their license for 100$ or so, lol.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Unless someone wants to get rid of their license for 100$ or so, lol.

@Alex_LiquidHost yeah, and then they charge for renewals and all hell breaks loose hhhh

• i hope this gets nulled. No one in here can complain that i use a nulled one based on how of a dickheads theyre acting.

• marcmmarcm Member

@cosmicgate said:
    i hope this gets nulled. No one in here can complain that i use a nulled one based on how of a dickheads theyre acting.

@cosmicgate I don't think that you should use one at all if you don't like what they are doing and/or how they're behaving.