Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Debian 7.0 "Wheezy" released - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Debian 7.0 "Wheezy" released

13»

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@marcm said: @joepie91- You first: what's so great about it?

It kills off virtually any uploaded shell, by blacklisting PHP functionality that almost no application needs. It is, if I recall correctly, possible to allow PHP functionality for specific paths only, thereby allowing you to use the blacklisted functions in your own application while still keeping shells from running.

• With debian 7 be the new "stable"
    i wonder where can i get debian 6 netinst iso officially?

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@fisle said: Now enjoying dat spdy on nginx 1.4.0. So good.

Been available in 1.3.x , it's exactly the same as it was in 1.3.x (ie: still experimental)

• fislefisle Member

@kbeezie said: Been available in 1.3.x , it's exactly the same as it was in 1.3.x (ie: still experimental)

Yeah except it was PITA to set up before due to old openssl and nginx packages in squeeze. Now much easier.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@marcm said: @Fliphost - I was just curious why on OpenVZ? @Maounique

It is just a test, if proves to be ok with the customers and they dont complain they have to apt-get (yum, whatever) apache, bind and sendmail, then there will be no problem to change the other templates as well. It is faster to do ovz and it also has the main bulk of customers, so, best as a test :)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Maounique Let us know how it turns out :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Fliphost said: @Maounique Let us know how it turns out :)

I wish it goes well :)
    At the very least, they will put the latest version, not one with already known exploits.
    Minimal templates are the best for provider and customer, this is what drove me to linux in the first place, you dont have to struggle to eliminate services you will never use, some even being forced upon you, you just install only what you need.