Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Debian 7.0 "Wheezy" released - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Debian 7.0 "Wheezy" released

Comments

• yomeroyomero Member

Suhosin doesn't exist for PHP 5.4

• mojedamojeda Member

@yomero said: Suhosin doesn't exist for PHP 5.4

Correct, it doesn't work with 5.4 (at least) so it was dumped since the latest php in wheezey is 5.4.4-14

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

woo, it's about time! Looks like I gotta update to the stable release of Wheezy on my home server. :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Hope this will this be available in templates

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@budingyun said: edit: @Francisco please update kvm iso. :D

Sorry about the delay ;) I posted the ISO's a few hours ago.

I built templates yesterday, an hour or so after it went stable.

Francisco

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@jcaleb Openvz ones are already up

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Fliphost said: @jcaleb Openvz ones are already up

Wow... thanks bro!

If Debian release will always be around same timing as Ubuntu LTS, then no need for me to use Ubuntu

• @jcaleb said: If Debian release will always be around same timing as Ubuntu LTS, then no need for me to use Ubuntu

Ditch Ubuntu
    Replace Debian packages with DotDeb if version number OCD is your thing
    Welcome back to Debian

• mojedamojeda Member

@doughmanes said: if version number OCD is your thing

It's not really about "version numbers."

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@doughmanes said: Ditch Ubuntu

yes, it is tempting

• @mojeda said: It's not really about "version numbers."

2.0.1 went to 2.0.2 because the language used by less than 30,000 people had an incorrect translation.

I read changelogs.

• @jcaleb said: yes, it is tempting

I ditched Ubuntu on my laptop after the Shuttleworth-Amazon connection and never have ran Ubuntu on a server. I've been on Debian since Debian Potato (2.2)

• mojedamojeda Member

@doughmanes said: 2.0.1 went to 2.0.2 because the language used by less than 30,000 people had an incorrect translation.

I read changelogs.

2.0.2, what?

• @Francisco said: Sorry about the delay ;) I posted the ISO's a few hours ago.

I built templates yesterday, an hour or so after it went stable.

Thank you. :D

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited May 2013

@doughmanes said: I ditched Ubuntu on my laptop after the Shuttleworth-Amazon connection and never have ran Ubuntu on a server. I've been on Debian since Debian Potato (2.2)

I use Linux Mint Cinamon now on my home computer, but of course that's still Ubuntu. But I am so lazy, I want everything setup in 1-2 hours of installation. Is switching to Debian as desktop OS the same?

Edit:

I remember something, I need at least kernel 3.5 because i use ivy bridge cpu. Everything is fine with me with Ubuntu 12.10, 12.04 crashes my laptop

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Francisco said: I built templates yesterday, an hour or so after it went stable.

How can you do it so fast?

• marcmmarcm Member

We have just uploaded the Debian 7 Xen PV templates, will do the KVM ones as well very soon ;-)

• AmitzAmitz Member

@jcaleb said: How can you do it so fast?

PonyPower™

• FYI squeeze will continue to be supported for a year more. So there is no reason to hurry and upgrade. I am going to wait and see how things pan out.

• juan_144juan_144 Member
    edited May 2013

i've 5 running openvpz vps

i just run this:

sed -i 's/squeeze/wheezy/g' /etc/apt/sources.list

apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

My server don't liked it. nginx and MySQL broken.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2013

@Abdussamad said: FYI squeeze will continue to be supported for a year more. So there is no reason to hurry and upgrade. I am going to wait and see how things pan out.

We left old stable in place and I think everyone did the same, they will probably stay until support runs out.
    Only built minimal templates with 7.0, from now on Bind will be banned from ovz templates I do as well as apache and sendmail.

• marcmmarcm Member

@Maounique said: from now on Bind will be banned from ovz templates I do as well as apache and sendmail.

why?

@marcm DNS reflection attacks maybe?

• marcmmarcm Member

@Fliphost - I was just curious why on OpenVZ? @Maounique

@marcm Easier to modify the templates for Openvz? Not sure

• marcmmarcm Member

@Fliphost - In my experience KVM templates are the most amount of work to modify, Xen PV and Open VZ are about the same. Still, why prohibit Apache and Sendmail? Okay, Sendmail I understand, but Apache? Maybe I am missing something. And no, I don't like Apache at all. I use Nginx for everything :D

@marcm I honestly am not sure

• marcmmarcm Member

@Fliphost said: @marcm I honestly am not sure

@Fliphost - Me neither ;-)

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

Minimal will be delivered with only ssh running, you are required to install the missing piece you need :)

• fislefisle Member

@prometeus said: Minimal will be delivered with only ssh running, you are required to install the missing piece you need :)

As it should be. Nice.

I changed my squeeze entries to wheezy in sources, did dist-upgrade (having to solve small dependency problems which I've caused..whoops) and everything worked beautifully after that. Err, except dovecot with its new config syntax.
    Now enjoying dat spdy on nginx 1.4.0. So good.