Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

alternative to digitalocean? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

alternative to digitalocean?

Comments

• hdpixelhdpixel Member

@zagi I gave DO a try but they wiped/lost my server only after 12 days of uptime and after 2 days of enabling virtio drivers

I now have two servers from RamNode.

@BradND I have other high end servers and I've tried other leb.. :) And even Godaddy was able to protect my data. :(

• ATHKATHK Member

@hdpixel said: I gave DO a try but they wiped/lost my server only after 12 days of uptime and after 2 days of enabling virtio drivers

They are unmanaged, you should always backup your data regardless...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@hdpixel said: And even Godaddy was able to protect my data. :(

LOL :D
    That being said, even if the provider does thake backups, you HAVE TO take yours, any data loss can be blamed on you if you dont. I mean, the backups can get corrupted, the fire/earthquake/hurricane/bankruptcy can make the provider fail to protect your data, unless they are really fanatical taking backups and snapshots all the time and then io at least would suffer...
    Take your back-ups fox, no matter what, what YOU save is the most safe in the end.

• LeeLee Veteran

The DO control panel just got really ugly!

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited May 2013

@W1V_Lee said: The DO control panel just got really ugly!

Ah, seems they put their beta panel into production, must have literally been just now, since I was there not too long ago and it was the old one.

They have been taking feedback/ideas/etc here about it for a while now.

• LeeLee Veteran

Yeah, I was hoping it would not change. I was in the middle of creating a new droplet in NY and it would not reboot, now I can't create droplets at all FFS! I am about ready to give up on them.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited May 2013

@W1V_Lee said: Yeah, I was hoping it would not change. I was in the middle of creating a new droplet in NY and it would not reboot, now I can't create droplets at all FFS! I am about ready to give up on them.

Droplet creation isn't working? I actually have no really tried the beta panel much, but I'm wondering now, so I'll go make a few and see.

Edit: Wow, you're right, it doesn't work. Lame.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I like it :)

You need to enter a hostname, or else it will fail.

• LeeLee Veteran

@shovenose said: You need to enter a hostname

No shit

• SetsuraSetsura Member

@shovenose said: You need to enter a hostname, or else it will fail.

I don't think either of us missed that. It simply fails when making: http://i.imgur.com/eJzrjEm.png

Well that was a different error than I was getting :)

• SetsuraSetsura Member

Also, SF seems to work, I guess an issue with NY.

• LeeLee Veteran

Yup SF works fine.

@Zen are you insulting me or DigitalOcean?

• LeeLee Veteran

Working now.

• klikliklikli Member

For what it's worth, Digital Ocean restored provision at AMS region.

• @jaypeesmith said:
    ksec I looked at that servgrid offer and it looks like he ran that offer for exactly 24 minutes (between 6:06am and 6:32am on 5/1). If this is the case, that seems a little flaky.

Hi, just wanted to clarify. 25% off lifetime recurring is still good at www.servgrid.com - If you have questions please email us at [email protected] (Sorry just want to clarify the misunderstanding here)

"WHT" is the coupon code that someone mentioned for 25% off

• @servgrid - but do you offer a $20 free credit ;-)

• @ServGrid said:
    ...(Sorry just want to clarify the misunderstanding here)

I am glad it is still good but, at the time, the promotion did not work for me. If you look here ( http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1262014&highlight=servgrid ), you'll see that the offer was taken down quite quickly. I will admit that my math was off, though. It was 26 minutes, not 24.

• The current promotion is 50% off first month and 30% off recurring!

• @ServGrid said:
    The current promotion is 50% off first month and 30% off recurring!

Thread necromancing and advertising.

• anybody know how to increase the number of VPSs i can create on digitalocean?

• @nocker said:
    anybody know how to increase the number of VPSs i can create on digitalocean?

Contact the support team and give them a valid reason obviously? :)

• I seen this website advertising somewhere: http://vultr.com seems you can spin up one in 6 locations with similar pricing to DO.

• @catalystium said:
    I seen this website advertising somewhere: http://vultr.com seems you can spin up one in 6 locations with similar pricing to DO.

Any reviews? I can barely find anything bout it at Google

• @wcypierre said:
    Any reviews? I can barely find anything bout it at Google

Never heard of them, seen it advertised on gametracker.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2014

@catalystium said:
    I seen this website advertising somewhere: http://vultr.com seems you can spin up one in 6 locations with similar pricing to DO.

Interesting. Where'd you hear about them? I've not yet. I can't even find them advertising anywhere with a Google search. They kinda lost me at the 3 diamond shape images. First the header is blue, that's alright, but then those 3 diamond shapes are green, yellow, then blue. In that order. I mean if they wanted to copy DigitalOcean they could've at least been more subtle lol

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • @catalystium said:
    Never heard of them, seen it advertised on gametracker.

yeah, that's the only site that I've found the keyword on Google.

• Yeah unfortunately I know nothing else of them :-/.