Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are all the New Year deals? - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where are all the New Year deals?

1234568»

Comments

• Ive been thinking about what to do with my VortexNode 4g/640g atom dedi, but I dont really need it after all. So ill be giving it away to who wants it. pm me or write here or something. Its paid for until 02/03/2017.

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member, Patron Provider

@VortexMagnus said:
    We're about to launch our SSD VPS in the UK too.. I'll get approval for a NY special on these too.

Benchmark from UK VPS on lowest spec package:

[root@lg ~]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

Benchmark started on Sun Jan 1 18:35:10 GMT 2017

Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info

-----------

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v3 @ 2.60GHz

CPU Cores : 1

Frequency : 2504.474 MHz

Memory : 982 MB

Swap : MB

Uptime : 16 days, 17:00,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 3.10.0-514.2.2.el7.x86_64

Hostname : X

Speedtest (IPv4 only)

---------------------

Your public IPv4 is X

Location Provider Speed

CDN Cachefly 107MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 24.3MB/s

Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 21.0MB/s

Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 18.1MB/s

San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 17.5MB/s

Washington, DC, US Softlayer 11.0MB/s

Tokyo, Japan Linode 9.23MB/s

Singapore Softlayer 6.84MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 105MB/s

Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 38.2MB/s

Disk Speed

----------

I/O (1st run) : 1.3 GB/s

I/O (2nd run) : 1.4 GB/s

I/O (3rd run) : 1.4 GB/s

Average I/O : 1.36667 MB/s

Disk speed super awesome..

• @MagicalTrain said:
    Ive been thinking about what to do with my VortexNode 4g/640g atom dedi, but I dont really need it after all. So ill be giving it away to who wants it. pm me or write here or something. Its paid for until 02/03/2017.

the 5$ per month one in UK ? I will take it. How to proceed :)

• WSSWSS Member

@MagicalTrain said:
    Ive been thinking about what to do with my VortexNode 4g/640g atom dedi, but I dont really need it after all. So ill be giving it away to who wants it. pm me or write here or something. Its paid for until 02/03/2017.

I only got 2GB in mine :( I also did a complete boneheaded thing and accidentally unloaded the ethernet module while trying to trim down the kernel modules. Where the hell is the admin interface?

• @WSS said:

@MagicalTrain said:

I only got 2GB in mine :( I also did a complete boneheaded thing and accidentally unloaded the ethernet module while trying to trim down the kernel modules. Where the hell is the admin interface?

For reinstall? Not available yet. Slated for late january last I heard. Create a ticket. Theyre quick to respond.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2017

@MagicalTrain said:
    For reinstall? Not available yet. Slated for late january last I heard. Create a ticket. Theyre quick to respond.

No. All I need is a reboot or a serial console. Like I said, boneheaded, not dumbshitted. :)

I'd be happy to trade you machines, and mine doesn't expire for 3 months! :D

• @WSS said:

@MagicalTrain said:

No. All I need is a reboot or a serial console. Like I said, boneheaded, not dumbshitted. :)

I have no need for a dedicated in the UK atm, thats why im giving it away.

The control panel is at http://uks.linovus.hosting btw.

• WSSWSS Member

@MagicalTrain said:

@WSS said:

@MagicalTrain said:

Me neither, but I still got one.

I read the email and tried to login, and then reset my account there- didn't work.

• @MagicalTrain sent PM hours ago..:)

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited January 2017

@WSS said:

@MagicalTrain said:

@WSS said:

@MagicalTrain said:

Me neither, but I still got one.

I read the email and tried to login, and then reset my account there- didn't work.

Look at your emails, its a different account, otherwise simply write them a message.

@tenpera Ill probably be giving it to @fan , he wrote me first and hes reasonably old on let, so I got no qualms about it. ill see if it all worked out tomorrow.

• @MagicalTrain fair enough..:)

• WSSWSS Member

@MagicalTrain said:
    Look at your emails, its a different account, otherwise simply write them a message.

It looks that way. My first account was some hashed thing that makes no sense (and I have used twice, maybe). I forgot that was in the UK.

I tried to login, nope. I tried to reset password, and got a different whitelabel for them to SimplyHosting as a 5xx error. Curious.

• Has anyone ordered the E3 from VortexNode and had it delivered?

• WSSWSS Member

@Xenos said:
    Has anyone ordered the E3 from VortexNode and had it delivered?

shawn@monolith1:~$ echo "IP: ";ip address | awk '/inet 75/ {print $2}'  && echo -n "RAM: "; free -h | grep 'Mem:' | awk '{print $2}' && echo -n "CPUs: "; grep -c -E 'Xeon' /proc/cpuinfo;uptime
    IP: 75.127.x.x/29
    RAM: 31G
    CPUs: 8
     20:33:58 up 11 days, 20:41,  1 user,  load average: 0.16, 0.09, 0.09

Nope. Haven't been sitting on it for nearly two weeks.

Thanked by 1willie
  • Wow, the E3-1220's are still in stock.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:
    Wow, the E3-1220's are still in stock.

They're 2GB, not 4GB.

• WSS said: They're 2GB, not 4GB.

I mean these:
    https://www.vortexnode.com/clients/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

E3-1220, 8GB ram, 1TB disk, $19.95/mo, and there was a coupon further up that might or might not still work.

• @willie said:

WSS said: They're 2GB, not 4GB.

I mean these:
    https://www.vortexnode.com/clients/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

E3-1220, 8GB ram, 1TB disk, $19.95/mo, and there was a coupon further up that might or might not still work.

Which coupon? Can i install Windows on this Dedi?

• sonic said:

Which coupon?

Scroll back. Yes I expect you can run windows but ask @VortexNode what the install procedure is.

• WSSWSS Member

confproduct, rather than vortexnode.com/clients/cart.php?gid=10, huh?

Well, I got a bigger one, and a crappy Atom. Sadly, my crappy Atom is useless since I unloaded a module, but darn it, their support team is trying to make it work when all I needed was the networking information- I've given up. For $5/mo, if it takes a day to get it booting and loading, I can live with that.

Actually, I was considering figuring out the HD and writing NOP to it all the way through then calling an INT 20 at the end to see how long it took to reboot, but I can't get into the damn BIOS now, so...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well could someone offer: KVM, 256MB, 20GB Disk, 500GB Traffic, 15$ and less a year with TOR allowed? (No Exit)

To lazy to scroll back and count how many kitten died.

• @Neoon - see https://www.vortexnode.com/clients/cart.php?gid=9 from @VortexMagnus

Christmas Special VPS - Tier 1
    512 MB RAM
    10GB RAID-10 SSD Storage
    1000GB Bandwidth (200Mbps Port Cap)
    1 CPU Core
    1 IP Address
    Several Operating System to choose from

Not sure if the 10GB is too less for you but it seems like a good offer (I think they also have a NJ location that you can request).

Tor allowed - not sure at all. I'm interested to know as well - anyone has clarity?

@nullnothere said:
    @Neoon - see https://www.vortexnode.com/clients/cart.php?gid=9 from @VortexMagnus

512 MB RAM
    10GB RAID-10 SSD Storage
    1 CPU Core
    1 IP Address

Not sure if the 10GB is too less for you but it seems like a good offer (I think they also have a NJ location that you can request).

Tor allowed - not sure at all. I'm interested to know as well - anyone has clarity?

TOR is not allowed, TOS says instant termination.

• @Neoon said:

@nullnothere said:
    @Neoon - see https://www.vortexnode.com/clients/cart.php?gid=9 from @VortexMagnus

512 MB RAM
    10GB RAID-10 SSD Storage
    1 CPU Core
    1 IP Address

TOR is not allowed, TOS says instant termination.

From what I see in their TOS that's just prohibited on their "SEO IPs", not on their normal ips. Maybe tag @VortexMagnus for clarification?

@teamacc said:
    From what I see in their TOS that's just prohibited on their "SEO IPs", not on their normal ips. Maybe tag @VortexMagnus for clarification?

I already talked to Magnus, they also do not want to update there TOS from 20th Century to 21st Century.

• nfnnfn Veteran

@VortexMagnus I see you don't have *BSD. Do you allow ISO upload/map in your VPS?

• @nfn said:
    @VortexMagnus I see you don't have *BSD. Do you allow ISO upload/map in your VPS?

I think we have some BSD ISOs you can install from, just not templates.

If you want a custom ISO uploading too, we can handle that no problem.

• nfnnfn Veteran

@VortexMagnus said:

@nfn said:

I can't find that information. I would like to play with OpenBSD and FreeBSD.
    Are these available?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2017

@nfn said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@nfn said:

I can't find that information. I would like to play with OpenBSD and FreeBSD.
    Are these available?

Enable gPXE. Hit Ctrl-B while booting. Chain into ipxe UNDI (build one from https://rom-o-matic.eu). sanboot into cd60.iso install from ramdisk. FreeBSD is slightly more complicated, but not much.

I have 3 OBSD $10 KVMs w/ @VortexMagnus.

Edit: I forgot I setup fartmother/fartmother2 with VM. They must wonder what the hell is wrong with me even BEFORE they read the tickets.