Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost LET EXCLUSIVE *NEW YEARS SALE* UNBELIEVABLE SSD BASED OVZ/XEN OFFERS STARTING @ $1/M! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost LET EXCLUSIVE *NEW YEARS SALE* UNBELIEVABLE SSD BASED OVZ/XEN OFFERS STARTING @ $1/M!

Comments

• SarSar Member

Hello,

I am interested in this: LET Exclusive New Years Special #4 offer

Can I use this VPS as:
    1) Java development server and code repository (open source or our own code)
    2) Jabber server or XMPP server
    3) Database server (mySQL or Oracle Express Edition (NO PIRATED OR WAREZ...)
    4) web hosting for multiple sites like social networking, collaboration/groupware, email hosting, blog, eCommerce etc.
    5) NOSQL type database hosting and services
    6) Hosting Tomcat server or JBOSS

I will not use this VPS for all of the above but could be combination of that...

thanks
    sar.

• loydloyd Member
    edited January 2014

@painfreepc said:
    @ GreenValueHost
    you need to work on your bed side manner

agree, people should not use this board as tech support. I consider GVH sales staff polite considering amount of c**p people give them on various forums. I work retail and deeper the sale, more unjustified harassment we get from customers about minor non-issues. Despite popular belief about customer being a king, I did ban customers for harassing staff numerous times, had a good staffer quit once due to one customer harassment and I will not allow this to happen again.

At $10/y for 1G and 36TB/y B/W he can be as impolite to me as he likes :) These offers must attract some serious nutcases (not meaning anyone in particular, just making a point). Thumbs up to GVH for keeping their cool :)

Everybody should work a helpdesk or CS for few months before being allowed to buy anything anywhere.

Thanked by 2lukesUbuntu jnguyen
  • lukesUbuntulukesUbuntu Member
    edited January 2014

Great support, nice sales team thanks & great work @GreenValueHost

• @lukesUbuntu - Thanks for the kind words, it's very much appreciated! :)

• Just ordered the "LET Exclusive New Years Special #2", I hope you could deliver it fast :)
    Will update here again when that happened.

• @GreenValueHost: It will be perfect if you have LA datacenter :D

Btw, I just ordered New Years Special #1 for 1 month, just try

• @add_iT
    ColoCrossing is shipping a server to LA for us and we're waiting for it to be set up. It should be within the next few weeks.

• Ordered one for $48/year. So far no problem, very happy!

• I've got the $10, running smoothly...

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited January 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    date: Mon, Jan 6, 2014 a

>

Valued Clients,

>
    >

This message is being sent out to you to inform you of a recent implementation of unsuspension fees.

Effective immediately, unsuspensions for virtual servers that have been suspended for CPU abuse will be assessed a one-time administrative fee of up to $10.00 per incident. (Exceptions may be provided to persons using virtual servers for hosting clients, upon initial approval of GreenValueHost management)

GreenValueHost does not outsource it's staff to India and pays it's staff American wages. All GreenValueHost staff are currently located in the USA including all members of our technical support and management team. We employ a talented and skilled team of systems administrators that are paid top dollar/expensive wages by the hour to diagnose issues and ensure smooth performance on all of our VPS nodes. Recently there has been a very large amount of CPU abuse incidents which has caused numerous kernel panics to multiple nodes on our network, resulting in our systems administrators needing to spend lengthy shifts tracking down and suspending resource hogs. In order for us to continue offering the low prices and the high amount of resources that we offer, we are forced to implement an administrative fee for VPS unsuspensions.

>
    >

This email only applies to clients whom have a virtual private server hosting service with us. If you do not currently have any VPS hosting services with us, you may disregard this email.
    To clear up any confusion regarding our CPU resource policy, we allow clients to burst up to 50% of their CPU allocation -- NO EXCEPTIONS.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to anyone and wish everyone a pleasant hosting experience for many years to come.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this new policy, please contact us through the management department in our helpdesk.

Kind Regards,
    Jon

While I sympathize with your situation I am worried I may accidentally go over the limit someday without even intending to do so and get burned.

I don't even use a fraction of the cpu resources, in fact I have not logged in the vps even once to this date but still there must at least be a warning first !

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

@raza19 - If you do not have any intentions of mass CPU consumption and you accidentally go over, the fee would be waived.

If you're running an application like CPUMINER then obviously your intentions are mass CPU consumption and of course you'd be grilled.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @GreenValueHost

Do you allow Gameservers?

• @GreenValueHost said:

If you're running an application like CPUMINER

I don't even know what that is , I host websites,etc. but now it feels like there is a sword hanging over my head.

• Hi GreenValueHost, please check Invoice 3215 :) thankyouu

• @raza19 - Did you read the part in the email where it stated: "(Exceptions may be provided to persons using virtual servers for hosting clients, upon initial approval of GreenValueHost management)" ?

• SarSar Member

anyone else facing issues with Paypal when making payment to GreenValueHost?

I tried many times and all the times I got error like:

We’re sorry, but we can’t send your payment right now We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant’s website and try using a different payment method (if available).

My paypal account is verified and linked to US bank account. Any idea what is wrong or how can I resolve this?

thanks
    sar.

• PayPal = Shit!

• @Sar said:
    anyone else facing issues with Paypal when making payment to GreenValueHost?

I tried many times and all the times I got error like:

We’re sorry, but we can’t send your payment right now We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant’s website and try using a different payment method (if available).

My paypal account is verified and linked to US bank account. Any idea what is wrong or how can I resolve this?

thanks
    sar.

Had this with my german paypal account as well.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited January 2014

PayPal will not let me pay for services or goods with my credit card as card is in my PayPal profile and they want more personal info from me and i am not going to send it,

i can't remove credit card from profile until i send more personal info..

• prae5prae5 Member
    edited January 2014

I've put together a quick review of my service so far for those interested - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/19644/greenvaluehost-vps-review-new-years-special

• @painfreepc - That's something that we have no control over .. you need to take this up with PayPal, nobody here on this forum can really be of any assistance unfortunately unless of course they work for PayPal.

@Sar - We've had a customer that also experienced this error and he was able to pay us by calling PayPal and having them assist him with sending us a manual payment.

• @ GreenValueHost Member

Did i ask you to fix paypal, i am just saying that paypal = shit.

sorry i did not know this is your personal forum.

edited January 2014

from GreenValueHost TOS

Affiliate Program

Only registered clients who currently have active services with us may participate in our Affiliate Program. Affiliates must not mask, hide, or modify the affiliate link provided; it must be used as it is. Affiliates will earn 10% of every sale they refer and may collect their earnings after their affiliate balance reaches $50.00. GreenValueHost reserves the right to revoke the affiliate status of any individual at our sole discretion.

is this before or after a due payment..

edited January 2014

from GreenValueHost TOS

Refund Policy

If you are not satisfied with our services, you may choose to contact our support department or administration in which they will attempt at their best effort to correct any situation(s) you may have. If the problem still cannot be fixed, you may be eligible to a refund within 45 days of your original purchase.

your ad says:

BEFORE YOU ORDER, please note that ALL of these plans come with our NO-HASSLE 45-Day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. If at ANY TIME within 45 days you are unsatisfied with our hosting services for ANY reason, simply just request for your money back! No questions asked.

• from GreenValueHost TOS

Late Payment/Overdue Invoices Policy
    If you decide not to pay your invoice on time, GreenValueHost reserves the right at our discretion to suspend or terminate your service(s). A grace period (maximum 7 days) may be offered at our discretion however is not guaranteed. If you require additional time to pay your invoice, you must contact our billing department prior to your due date, otherwise we will not be responsible for the abrupt suspension or termination of your services. GreenValueHost reserves the right to charge a reconnect fee of a minimum of $5.00 and maximum of $25.00 if your service(s) is/are terminated due to non-payment and you wish to continue your services.

edited January 2014

from GreenValueHost TOS

Helpdesk Abuse

GreenValueHost provides industry leading 24/7 technical support to all of our clients
    free of charge and expects it's clients to adhere to the following anti-helpdesk abuse policies in order for us to provide fair support priority to all of our clients:

1. Clients may NOT treat 1 single technical support ticket as a universal support helpdesk ticket. For each individual isolated issue, a separate ticket must be submitted.

2. Clients may NOT submit several tickets simultaneously regarding the
      same issue/inquiry.

3. Clients may NOT intentionally submit irrelvant non-technical support tickets to the technical support department.
      Clients whom violate our helpdesk may be given the following consequences: Temporary or permanent revokation of 24/7 support eligibility, one-time payment fine of $5.00 per ticket violating helpdesk abuse policies, or termination (in cases of 3 or more intentional (as determined by GreenValueHost staff) helpdesk abuse incidents within a 1 month period). Warnings may or may not be given to clients as per the discretion of GreenValueHost staff.

• iammiamm Member
    edited January 2014

@painfreepc, Could you please make your point(s?) in a single post. That was annoying.

And yes everyone should read the entire ToS before purchasing any service online. I did read the ToS, and I am fine with the terms I signed up for. (Note that this not an endorsement of their service (I havent used the service enough to endorse them))

• wendellwendell Member
    edited January 2014

thanks for the fast action to my ticket. i am happy that I got 1 with them

here's mine

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz

Number of cores : 4

CPU frequency : 800.000 MHz

Total amount of ram : 1024 MB

Total amount of swap : 0 MB

System uptime : 1 min,

Download speed from CacheFly: 106MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 59.2MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 98.4MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 6.75MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 9.98MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 7.30MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.68MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 22.9MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 28.1MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 29.8MB/s

I/O speed : 150 MB/s

• hope xen will available soon.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

Guys, if you got CPU cores with 800Mhz that's an error, it's supposed to be 3400Mhz. Please ticket in if you see 800Mhz so we can fix it up for you. Your cores are not supposed to be throttled down.

Thanked by 1woochun