Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost LET EXCLUSIVE *NEW YEARS SALE* UNBELIEVABLE SSD BASED OVZ/XEN OFFERS STARTING @ $1/M! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost LET EXCLUSIVE *NEW YEARS SALE* UNBELIEVABLE SSD BASED OVZ/XEN OFFERS STARTING @ $1/M!

12346»

Comments

• Thanks GreenValueHost, you are one of the top vps provider for me.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

@wendell - No problem, thanks!

While I am here, I need to post this public notice:

Please DO NOT order and lie about the country that you live in, or lie about any other information that you provide in your account profile for that matter. If you do this,

1. Your order will be marked as fraud.

2. Your account will be closed.

3. Your IP address will be permanently banned from accessing our website and client area.

and 4. You will be permanently prohibited from ordering any services from us in the future.

We're cracking down on fraud, identity theft and payments made with stolen credit cards. It's not tolerated here.

• anyone but me got a "VPS shut down for CPU abuse - Violation: 100% CPU Usage" mail today ?

used just 0.2-0.8 Load on a 8 Core VPS (with tos 4.0 should be fine)

• @pumuckel said:
    anyone but me got a "VPS shut down for CPU abuse - Violation: 100% CPU Usage" mail today ?

used just 0.2-0.8 Load on a 8 Core VPS (with tos 4.0 should be fine)

We don't allocate 8 core VPSes, maximum is 4. And also, our automated system/techs wouldn't have a VPS suspended unless it reached a load of 8-10 or more.

• ... can you just answer my ticket or mail me, i would not like to discuss that here just asked is someone else got that mail

• and fYi:

root@mirror:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores : 8
    CPU frequency : 3392.093 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 8144 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime : 30 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 74.1MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 27.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 10.7MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.22MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 10.6MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 14.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.75MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 17.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 5.37MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 77.8MB/s
    I/O speed : 85.6 MB/s

• you rebooted the VPS to change the 7$ to 4 Cores and 4GB + 4GB Swap ... just reinstalled an saw it

• thats the point why i got no answer to my ticket ... you simply have cut down resources and needed a reboot

• @pumuckel said:
    thats the point why i got no answer to my ticket ... you simply have cut down resources and needed a reboot

Your plan had the incorrect resources. I changed the resources to the correct configuration. You should have 4 cores, not 8.

• pumuckelpumuckel Member
    edited January 2014

that was not my fault... i bought a 8 Core as it was setup

read Page 2 of that discuss, 2 other people posted that exact setup with 8 Cores 8Gig no swap

• else i would have chosen the 5$

• @pumuckel said:
    that was not my fault... i bought a 8 Core as it was setup

The #4 plan was configured to have 4 cores. I don't know how you received 8 and I don't believe we advertised 8. If you can find somewhere where you were told that you'd get 8 cores, I'll gladly change your VPS back to 8 cores but at this time your VPS is being changed to what the plan offered, which was 4 cores.

To be honest this is more than fair as there isn't anywhere else where you can get anywhere near the same plans we offer for anywhere near the same pricing ..
    You can look everywhere but you won't find any reliable host that offers what we do for the pricing that we do.

edited January 2014

i am fine with 4 cores or two if you like, but just dont change things and send me a "Abuse" notice

• @pumuckel said:
    i am fine with 4 cores ore two if you like, but just dont change things and send me a "Abuse" notice

If you do not agree with our Terms of Service, please submit a cancellation request immediately as all clients are required to agree to our Terms of Service outlined here: http://www.greenvaluehost.com/tos.html

If you wish to suggest a change in our policies, please contact our Quality Assurance department.

Thank You.

edited January 2014

thx GreenValueHost i dont see any violation of your TOS or COE or your anything.

I just used a offer you sold. as you sold and delivered it ... i was not spamming or harrassing you, just asked (1. in private with no answer) why my vps was shut down.

You now want me to quit the service even if i told you i accept the change from 8 to 4 cores with the chance of the 7$ to the 5$ plan

I am fine if you want to end the service to me, just refund, the payed money and we are ok... (would have told you that in a ticket or chat but you said "your are busy")

• We have a policy in our ToS that states that if our automated system detects that you are using excessive CPU above what is allowed by your plan, then we reserve the right to shut down your virtual server and send you an email saying "We shut down your server, please boot it back up and fix the issue" -- I think this is more than fair.

If you don't agree with the above policy, then you should submit cancellation because our clients are required to agree to our Terms of Service. This is perfectly clear.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited January 2014

@ pumuckel, where in the offer is 8 cores shown?

@ GreenValueHost, how many cores in this offer, if 4 or more i may order one

"Mid-January LET Blowout Special #1"

• @painfreepc said:
    @ pumuckel, where in the offer is 8 cores shown?

@ GreenValueHost, how many cores in this offer, if 4 or more i may order one

"Mid-January LET Blowout Special #1"

4 cores.

edited January 2014

please dont discuss that here ... painfreepc, my vps used a linux load of 0.2-0.6 (peak 0.9) thats half to 90% of ONE Core

edited January 2014

my vps got shutdown because they needed to change it from 8 to 4 Cores and from 8GB Ram to 4GB +4GB Swap ... that ends this discussion .. (that what happened, no comment about how and why)

• Notice: GVH kindly refunded me the payments ... so i am satisfied