Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH Password Reset? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH Password Reset?

Comments

• yeah and now I cannot open to solusvm -_-

• ricardo said: No, passwords were successfully reset. The best someone could do with just a list of email addresses is initiate the password reset that provides a link to a password reset. This is either a hack or a password reset by the provider.

Since i haven't seen the email people are talking about i assumed it was the standard "password reset requested" email that you get when you click on the password reset link. That one can easily be initiated by anyone who knows your email address.

If you say it's a different emai, i.e. "your password was reset", that's a totally different matter. And i agree it doesn't sound good, especially without an announcement from the provider.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Set the password back to the old one and if something strange happens during the next 12 hours, then you know that they have been hacked...

• @Amitz said:
    Set the password back to the old one and if something strange happens during the next 12 hours, then you know that they have been hacked...

yeah let's see what will happen..

• We are investigating the issue right now. I will post updates here when available.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@blackeye said:
    yeah and now I cannot open to solusvm -_-

Wat?

• wychwych Member

@blackeye said:

Interesting...

• @blackeye said:

SolusVM is working fine. Can you open a ticket with your VPS user ID?

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@ksubedi said:
    SolusVM is working fine. Can you open a ticket with your VPS user ID?

Works for GVH but promotes Nexim in sig... ? Whats the story?

• @wych said:
    Works for GVH but promotes Nexim in sig... ? Whats the story?

Just because i work at GVH doesnt mean I dont work anywhere else.

• wychwych Member

@ksubedi said:
    Just because i work at GVH doesnt mean I dont work anywhere else.

Fair play :)

• @wych said:
    Fair play :)

:)

• @ksubedi said:
    We are investigating the issue right now. I will post updates here when available.

Why do you need to investigate. Don't you have a reason for issuing password resets or is it unintentional?

• wychwych Member

@darknyan said:

They need to check if someone higher up in the company did it and/or why... ;)

• @darknyan said:
    Why do you need to investigate. Don't you have a reason for issuing password resets or is it unintentional?

Thats exactly what needs investigation.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

That's me had 6 'Client Area Password Reset' emails this morning, should I be worried?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

New GVH coupon code: 'ohshitohshitohshitohshit'

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    New GVH coupon code: 'ohshitohshitohshitohshit'

Careful you might get banned ;)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@wych said:
    Careful you might get banned ;)

I'd be in serious trouble then, what else am I supposed to do at work?

Thanked by 3netomx Infinity Pwner
  • GunterGunter Member
    edited April 2014

New email released:

Hello,
    You might have received an email about the client area password reset. We are currently investigating the issue and will update you on what is happening later. Please do not open a support ticket about this issue.
    Thank You
    GreenValueHost Team

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@Nekki said:

:D you can still lurk.

@darknyan said:
    New email released:

I bet their support desk is filling up.

• @Nekki said:

work

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@PremiumN said: work

Haha, wheres the fun in that?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:

Holy shit @serverian was banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

NEKKI WHAT DO WE DO!?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2014

@PremiumN said:
    work

Wat?

0xdragon said: Holy shit @serverian was banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

NEKKI WHAT DO WE DO!?

It's OK, he telephoned me and he gave me a special 55% off coupon to share with you all - limited to 7 uses (reflecting is his 7 day ban) on Backupsy - the coupon is 'BanHammer'.

• kyakykyaky Member

is that possible that someone used a leaked database and injected email addresses into GVH's retrieve password form for fun?

• Just an update, as of now we have no evidence of a "hack" it looks more like a bug in WHMCS as the password resets were sent in line with the Cronjob, we will escalate to WHMCS to see if they have a better insight

• wychwych Member

@kyaky said:
    is that possible that someone used a leaked database and injected email addresses into GVH's retrieve password form for fun?

They could, however GVH would see the IP returning in the webserver logs.

@ksubedi said:
    Just an update, as of now we have no evidence of a "hack" it looks more like a bug in WHMCS as the password resets were sent in line with the Cronjob, we will escalate to WHMCS to see if they have a better insight

Good luck with that... "we cannot replicate this issue".

• It appears that WHMCS ran it and its in line with the timing of cronjob finishing another process.

• Nekki said: special 55% off

Only 55%? Come on, why not 66 in reflection of CC's favorite number, 666? ;)

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
This discussion has been closed.