Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost SRV3 Issues AGAIN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost SRV3 Issues AGAIN

Time for another one of these threads...
So 6 days ago I recieved this email from GreenValueHost:

Greetings Valued Clients,
GreenValueHost is pleased to inform you that the recent issues that have been occurring with our srv3 hosting server have been resolved. The server load has been brought down significantly (Current average load is now less than 3), additional memory has been added, additional CPU has been added, exim mailing IP address/main IP address has been changed to a clean IP, and mySQL is currently in progress of being optimized for maximum performance.
We have tasked our most skilled administrators to closely monitor our srv3 hosting server and ensure that the issues that you have been facing over the past few weeks will never happen again. GreenValueHost is devoted to providing our clients with a quality hosting experience and is always striving to improve day by day and we will take into deep consideration any comments, suggestions, and constructive cricticism that our clients may have.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us by submitting a ticket with your registered GreenValueHost client area account and we'll always be here to assist.
Kind Regards,
The GreenValueHost Team

Since then I have had nothing but problems, the CPU load is still high, I had to figure out the mail server IP on my own to update my SPF records, and worst of all, is the downtime.
Uptime Report has been blowing up my phone with text messages the past week and its been pure madness, following are images of 1, 7 and 30 day reports from my dashboard.

As you can see in the images since I recieved the email I have had a downtime of 6 hours and 29 minutes, well below the following quote from their website :

Service Level Agreement (SLA)
GreenValueHost agrees to maintain a service level agreement network uptime of 100%. If the server uptime ever falls below this, customers may request compensation for the downtime. In the case that the server was unavailable due to DDoS attacks, it does not count towards the Service Level Agreement.

Comments

• I'm surprised that you think it's a surprise that GVH is down.

• Similar note: ny3 has been going up and down, keep getting notifications about that as well.

• These threads are honestly the primary reason why we can't get anything done to be honest :/ I'll have techs look into it again.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    These threads are honestly the primary reason why we can't get anything done to be honest :/ I'll have techs look into it again.

Weren't you boasting about having 15 people employed? You're only 1 person of the 15. How does that make it so you can't get anything done.

• If your service was what you advertised and what I paid for then you wouldn't have to deal with any threads.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    These threads are honestly the primary reason why we can't get anything done to be honest :/ I'll have techs look into it again.

You need to hire more techs.

• @GreenValueHost said:

I thought all these threads were good for business?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2014

How many technicians does GreenValueHost need? 13, 12 are not enought to fix problems.

• @Jack said:
    How many techs to change a lightbulb.

20 techs + 1 part-time VP to manage them

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @GreenValueHost said:

Most horrible statement ever.

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited January 2014

Not to mention the blazing IO on NY1 I/O speed : 23.3 MB/s managed to get my servers load average to 10 downloading a file via ftp @ 40-50 mbps. Seams ok now that was just most of today.

• srv3 looks to be all well and functioning properly.

As of now we're putting a monitor on your site: https://nodeping.com/reports/checks/5h8kov9x-giqr-49kg-8nou-wcxlj2l9x5g5

NY1 is going to be looked @ shortly. We have 4 L3 techs and 1 L2 tech working right now and are working to get things fixed asap.

• KadarKadar Member
    edited January 2014

http://stats.pingdom.com/0w54f6099b85 There you go for a monitor on my site

http://pastebin.com/EPiMXfTj - Test results for today only

• We'll use our monitor.

• Don't forget about ny3, up time since I've had mine is at 97.26% so far.

• Better uptime than I have experienced over the past month

• I've only had it since the 16th of Jan so far. If it keeps up should be lower than yours haha.

• its alright, he will offer you the world to keep you as a customer, yet customers who have stayed with him through him "giving" his account to HVH are treated as liars.

• I will say I asked support via a ticket about the down times and he replied: "You can access server.". Makes sense.

• I did the yearly $30 plan, Mid-Jan LET Exclusive 2.

• Its VPS.

• I pay $14.70 USD a month

• its called Legacy Reseller Hosting Plans - R-Standard

• I'm simply curious... What is your definition of an L3 tech? I only ask because perhaps my definition differs. I've never know an issue with 1 server to require 4 people with such a title to actively work on it.

• @Kadar said:
    its called Legacy Reseller Hosting Plans - R-Standard

A 100GB Disk 1000GB BW Master Reseller with free WHMCS included to be exact

@derp said:
    I'm simply curious... What is your definition of an L3 tech? I only ask because perhaps my definition differs. I've never know an issue with 1 server to require 4 people with such a title to actively work on it.

Our L3 techs have a minimum of 5 years of server administration experience and RHCE, cPanel/WHM certified, are knowledgeable in all types of virtualization, have a broad understanding of linux and are able to troubleshoot any Linux related issue.

We have those 4 people working on several things at once.

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited January 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    5 years of server administration experience and RHCE

We have those 4 people working on several things at once.

Bullshit

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • Today's daily GreenValueHost thread. I would be surprised if these threads stop popping. Someone pass me popcorn

• @GreenValueHost said:

So you are the one who doesn't like to listen to your customer? If you don't like "these threads", provide your customers better service then!

• Those are some truly messed up servers if it takes four simultaneous people to fix it.

Thanked by 1nonuby
  • @rajprakash said:
    Those are some truly messed up servers if it takes four simultaneous people to fix it.

+1

This discussion has been closed.