Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LES Back Again!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LES Back Again!

IT 2
NL 10
JP 36
UK 48

Good luck!

Comments

• Can i get a test IP of Japan LES Server? @noisycode

Thanked by 1noaman
  • rahulks said: Can i get a test IP of Japan LES Server? @noisycode

I'll PM you it, please don't post it publicly.

• @rahulks said:
    Can i get a test IP of Japan LES Server? noisycode

I dont think they allow exposuring ips to the public:)

• noisycode said: I dont think they allow exposuring ips to the public:)

Just to clarify - they don't like the IPs being posted publicly on forums etc, it's against the rules of their own forum to post them anywhere there.

Obviously the IPs can be used for forwarding facing stuff such as web A records etc as HAProxy is available at IH locations.

• Thanks for the heads up, IT is gone.

• Thanks for sharing this.

• Yea a few days ago I asked Anthony if there was any restock soon and he said there will be. 5 minutes later he added stock was really happy :)

Also Dallas is in stock remeber ;)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

rahulks said: Can i get a test IP of Japan LES Server?

For anyone interested, Vultr has a public test IP: 108.61.201.151

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

And for IPv6 you can try 2001:19f0:7000:8000::1

• I'm always wondering if it possible to buy two boxes in the same location, and have them combined as one:)

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@noisycode said:
    I'm always wondering if it possible to buy two boxes in the same location, and have them combined as one:)

You should ask the provider directly on the LES forum : http://forum.lowendspirit.com/ ;)

• Tempted to get JP but I don't know what to do with it.

• @shiv said:
    Tempted to get JP but I don't know what to do with it.

I did :) .

• Please PM me the test IP of JP. Thanks

• @windytime90 said:
    Please PM me the test IP of JP. Thanks

Use Vultrs.

• tommytommy Member
    edited February 2015

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@noisycode said:
    I'm always wondering if it possible to buy two boxes in the same location, and have them combined as one:)

You can buy two but not combine them.

There is an addon available on each product for more ram or disk so no need to buy two.

• MikHo said: There is an addon available on each product for more ram or disk so no need to buy two.

Not in every location :(

@ATHK said:
    Not in every location :(

Then there is a perfectly good reason why not. There is not enough disk/ram available on the node.

• @shiv said:

Well go ahead then ;)

@shiv said:

You should get one before stock runs out. Then think of what to do with it. :)

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • are these suitable for a small personal vpn ?

• @victorqd said:
    are these suitable for a small personal vpn ?

Yes they are :)

Thanked by 1victorqd
  • @victorqd said:
    are these suitable for a small personal vpn ?

And TeamSpeak, website/s etc my Sydney LES runs mural nginx pho-fpm and openvpn quite well.

• I want know the IP of JP is as same as before? I had buy one but the IP is blocked by GWF .

• @triaqu said:
    I want know the IP of JP is as same as before? I had buy one but the IP is blocked by GWF .

GWF?

The IP is very similar, there's two IPs for JPN now, You'll probably get the "new" IP but nothing is guaranteed.

• @ATHK said:
    The IP is very similar, there's two IPs for JPN now, You'll probably get the "new" IP but nothing is guaranteed.

I think his means is G.F.W. (China Great Firewall), I wonder if the ip was blocked, can we request change to other node?

• @hotsnow said:
    I think his means is G.F.W. (China Great Firewall), I wonder if the ip was blocked, can we request change to other node?

I highly doubt you'll get moved anywhere, LES is a none profit host (for now?) support is limited. And probably just limited to hardware and network issues.

This is all clearly explained when you purchase the VM.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2015

He just told you there are two IPs (two "nodes"), the first one is blocked, and not only it's a matter of luck if you even get the 2nd one, but if it is blocked also, where else will you ask to "change to"?

• @rm_ said:
    He just told you there are two IPs (two "nodes"), the first one is blocked, and not only it's a matter of luck if you even get the 2nd one, but if it is blocked also, where

else will you ask to "change to"?

yep, so I don't think the NAT is a good idea, if you are in China, although it's cheaper. :p