Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimeterVPS shut down my server for complaints of outbound port scanning. but no proof.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimeterVPS shut down my server for complaints of outbound port scanning. but no proof.

O8amaO8ama Member
edited January 2015 in Reviews

This thread is geting too long than I intended to. To save everyone's time:

1. Why not just login to ILO to check?
    -- Before they give reply at forum, the KVM/ILO is crashed. And then they changed ILO port which is different from the time I just bought. And now I can barely reach the KVM/ILO, it's very slow. I can even not login as root. And they refuse to put server online for 24 hrs for me the check what happened. As I can not access to server, how can I solve the issue?

2. For issue of spam ticket system.
    -- I open 4 ticket in 8 hours. Not 4 ticket at same time. Which means my first ticket just goes to spam. Why open 4 ticket? Because I get no reply.

3. Why you post this thread and also on other forum. Are you try to disparage delimeterVPS?

-- The fact is that I only get respond after they see the threads I posted. I not try to do anything here, but tell people what happen. Nor do I try to disparage any provider. Only truth from my side. As per point 1, I can do nothing at that time, but post thread. Actually, I can do nothing now about the server, either.
As someone says: This thread wouldn't put anyone off DelimiterVPS. So disparagement is not the case. Just facts.

1. Did you DDOS those dudes post negative comments on you?

-- I have no idea of what you talking about. Am I Kim Jong-un? I am busy posting threads now.

Finally, for some dude, I will just ignore your comments. It's free world.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++an update++++++++++++++++++++

There's is no way I installed such port scanning software!
Show me the proof of your mentioned reason. Who report it, and does they submit proof?
You can not just suspend client's sever with a simple complain but no proof.

Just received an email from them 2 hours ago. But delimetervps already suspend my service, how can I log in to remote console? I try it. the remote address is not reachable. That's unprofessional way of handling business!
++++++++++++++
We have received complaints that your server is being used for outbound port scanning. This is in violation of section 3 of our Terms of Service which you read and accepted during the sign process.

Your server has been taken offline to prevent further damage and disruption.

Using the Remote console built into your server, please login to your server, shutdown and remove any port scanning software that maybe running on it.

Once this has been taken care of, please open a ticket and request your server is reactivated.

Best
Phil
+++++++++++++

Comments

• perhaps the server was hacked? ask them for proof or contact the rep here.

Delimiter has a shady past. infact it shocks me that people still signup with them without actually researching..

Thanked by 2Farjad Linkking
  • nggabernggaber Member
    edited January 2015

@TarZZ92 said:
    perhaps the server was hacked? ask them for proof or contact the rep here.

Delimiter has a shady past. infact it shocks me that people still signup with them without actually researching..

Past not always the same with today or the future. Just searching current issues with them, they are improving a lots.

@MarkTurner

• @TarZZ92 said:
    perhaps the server was hacked? ask them for proof or contact the rep here.

Not likely to be hacked. As I use very strong security method of the server. No way a bad ass can compromise the server.
    I have a wild guess is some dude used to post comments on my blog and now request link remove for SEO reason reported for false reason.

• I think Delimiter has full netflow logs, they should be able to tell you exactly what the bad traffic was and when.
    Besides, wordpress blogs get hacked all the time. Not hacked as rooted, but still enough to upload some malicious script and start doing bad things, like port scans, brute force attempts, etc.

Thanked by 2jar MarkTurner
  • Did you message their support?

• @hostnoob said:
    Did you message their support?

Of course. submit the ticket one hour ago. still waiting their reply

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

O8ama said: one hour ago

one hour ago?! man, that's unprofessional, you should post this on every VPS forum you can look @ Google!

/sarcasm

• @netomx said:
    /sarcasm

And Dedi forums also

• O8amaO8ama Member
    edited January 2015

@netomx said:
    /sarcasm

that's not the point. This is a way push host provider not suspend server for no proof.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@O8ama said:

They don't need proof. If they feel it's in their best interest to not service you as a customer then it's their right to not.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • trewq said: They don't need proof. If they feel it's in their best interest to not service you as a customer then it's their right to not.

and it's his right to tell everyone and everyone's right to not be their customer after reading this

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • O8amaO8ama Member
    edited January 2015

@trewq said:

your words don't make sense. If that's the case, they can just tell me. Unnecessary for such pussy action.

edited January 2015

@O8ama said:
    your words don't make sense. If that's the case, they can just tell me. Unnecessary for such pussy action.

They did tell you though. You also only waited one hour before posting this... that's not a "pussy action", as you put it?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @trewq said:
    They did tell you though. You also only waited one hour before posting this... that's not a "pussy action", as you put it?

I can post even before ticket

• O8ama said: Not likely to be hacked. As I use very strong security method of the server. No way a bad ass can compromise the server.

Anybody who has worked support for a hosting company is laughing at this reply.

• $5 says swiss cheese Kloxo install running outdated Wordpress stuff and/or "premium" plugins that are backdoored

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited January 2015

It would be nice if they gave you 24 hours to resolve the issue without shutting the port down and billed you for any bandwidth overage etc.

It is however a budget server, so keep that in mind. If you are providing services for clients let them know this so they can give you chance to remove the offending person.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited January 2015

@doughmanes - $5 says observium.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @O8ama said:

That's your right, and shutdown your server is their right. Read their ToS before complaining.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2015

@O8ama said:

Well with that kind of professionalism I'm sure you would know very well what your server is doing.

They didn't even cut off your access to the server. You can fix this yourself. Why the hell are you here instead of logged into your IPMI? Do you not know how to fix your server?

If delimiter shut off your server, they had good reason. They won't just shut off a server because some random person sends them an email. This much I know.

So maybe grow up a bit, wait for a response, and handle it like an adult instead of coming here and whining about it immediately. If you have a complaint after you gather the facts, bring it. Otherwise you've just announced that you're impatient and a horrible person to have as a client because you blame the host before you even login and try to find the problem. A bit opposite of your intention, no?

@O8ama said:

You absolutely can. I'm not sure why you would, because now we all know that your complaints are worthless. With that attitude, no one will care even if you're right and they did shut it down without a valid reason. That's why we tell you to get the facts and come here to complain afterward. You can do anything you want, you are absolutely free to ruin your credibility. A bit of a waste of your time to come here and work so hard to ruin your credibility, but absolutely your choice.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2015

@O8ama

It could be that without you knowing some software automaticly tried to scan local/remote networks to support some kind of extra functionallity.

I dont know what you run on the server itself but media-server software usually tries to scan networks to find new sources of media or remote services, this could trigger false positives. Just a wild guess here but i wouldn't close it out.

• @comXyz said:

Do you have proof of my server violate the ToS?? I guess not. So what is your words based on? Does that make sense?

edited January 2015

@O8ama said:
    Do you have proof of my server violate the ToS?? I guess not. So what is your words based on? Does that make sense?

Delimiter has earned a reputation and has benefit of the doubt. You do not.

• @O8ama said:

Did I say you violated their ToS? Have you even read their ToS? Do you even know they can shutdown your server without any proof or notice? Yes they can, but they won't do it with all customers.

Thanked by 2jar Pwner
  • I think the process Delimiter have followed is the same as most dedicated hosts (for first 'offence'):
    (1) After identifying the issue, the server is taken offline.
    (2) Access to the server remains, or is provided after contacting support, so the customer can resolve the issue (either IPMI or rescue mode)
    (3) Customer fixes issue and everyone lives happily ever after.

Is your service suspended, or is the server in fact just offline? Can you 'power on' using the control panel?

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited January 2015

@8420PR said:
    Is your service suspended, or is the server in fact just offline? Can you 'power on' using the control panel?

Nulled IP more than likely as the ticket suggests using IPMI or the remote console as they put it, to login and fix the issue.

• O8amaO8ama Member
    edited January 2015

They seems don't have enough employee reading tickets during non-business hours> @Jar said:

You absolutely can. I'm not sure why you would, because now we all know that your complaints are worthless. With that attitude, no one will care even if you're right and they did shut it down without a valid reason. That's why we tell you to get the facts and come here to complain afterward. You can do anything you want, you are absolutely free to ruin your credibility. A bit of a waste of your time to come here and work so hard to ruin your credibility, but absolutely your choice.

Like you know everything. Did you really read my post before posting some negative comments. The IPMI or what they called remote console is also down!! Otherwise I will even not bother posting this post and waste my and every readers time!
    With those comments you are ruin your reputation here.

and Those my words you quoted is not for delimeter, it's for some teenage post comments which I already ignored. If you just pick some part of my words our form whole post, there's nothing you need to comments. And I will ignore your comments in future as that don't worth my time!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2015

Thanks for helping me make my point. This thread outlined your maturity very nicely. I can't imagine what your ticket to them looks like, but if you speak to them with any amount of immaturity to match your words here, I would be surprised if they wish to keep you as a client.

Life is too short to deal with people like this.

• The same guy is posting here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=9343895

According to whats being said there, his server has been trying to bruteforce someone's wordpress site and had been going on for some time before the victim filed a complaint.

I am getting this third hand, but in summary the customer's service was suspended and told to remove the software from his server. He then spammed every ticket department which caused those tickets to end up in /dev/null, he then spammed WHT and now I see here too. Steve asked Delimiter support to investigate at which point they found all the ticket spam. Which was then merged and responded to with a full copy of the complaint.

If the OP spent more time dealing with the issue than trying to disparage Delimiter on the forums, then his server would already be back online.

Thanked by 4lazyt jar k0nsl Pwner
  • O8ama said: Not likely to be hacked. As I use very strong security method of the server

Then if you were not hacked, you must have installed the tool that was attacking that other company's wordpress install, so you will no how to remove it.