Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimeterVPS shut down my server for complaints of outbound port scanning. but no proof. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimeterVPS shut down my server for complaints of outbound port scanning. but no proof.

124»

Comments

• @Jar said:
    Convenient morning for me to get a DDOS. That's all I'm saying. This thread is the only place I've pissed anyone off.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I think this thread proves 1 thing... we need a 'little bitch' member group and any posts they make are excluded from crawlers etc.

• @al4tb - Please PM me your registered email address along with the invoice number.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • al4tbal4tb Member

So are you going to look at my case now?
    customer Invoice #163980,Invoice #165190,Invoice #165212

• al4tbal4tb Member

when i can not log in to the account,i contact PayPal and they said i cant get any refund.
    this is the reason i am really upset.here is the bill for charge back
    Your payment method is: PayPal

Invoice #165564
    Amount Due: $75.00 USD
    Due Date: 03/07/2015

Invoice Items

Paypal Chargeback Administration Fee #1MG75761AT2235400 $25.00 USD
    Paypal Chargeback Administration Fee #9B070940KS546845D $25.00 USD

Paypal Chargeback Administration Fee #9G127517021526131 $25.00 USD

Sub Total: $75.00 USD
    Credit: $0.00 USD
    Total: $75.00 USD
    so Delimiter don't provide the service,PayPal will not refund,Delimiter charge for charge back.where do we stand

• al4tbal4tb Member
    edited April 2015

@Ree said:
    They have been really slow lately, likely due to the massive number of upgrades they sold (X5150 to L5420). It took 2 weeks for my upgrade to take place for example, and possibly might have gone longer but I emailed sales@ asking for an ETA so it might have been a case of "squeaky wheel gets the grease".

If the change request went to "dedicated support", I have a hard time believing it went unanswered for 4 days. They're lightning quick when I open tickets (and I've opened several with different questions). The only time they're not as fast is when it's a question they can't answer, but they still respond saying "I'll have to look into it and will get back to you".

If the change request went to sales/billing, then yeah I've experienced multi-day delays with them, but AFAIK that's because they work normal business hours and not 24/7, so if you submit on Friday they may not get to it before they go and then you're looking at a Monday or Tuesday reply.

you are talking about a hosting company open business hour only? so when your server have some problem friday night you have to wait till monday they come in to look it up for you?
    you must be sharing "room" with them in "lala" land some where.

• @al4tb Could you please stop now? Mr Spam.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2015

@al4tb just stop, I know you don't see this but really you are making a fool of yourself, just take 30 seconds and take a breath.

If you are going to post like a madman at least include some actual facts, when did you order, did they promise a faster delivery or did you just expect it, what change did you ask them for, did you have IPMI access and so on.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • That chargeback got you your money back didn't it? The $25 they are charging is the chargeback fee paypal charged them, a dispute with paypal won't generate that. A dispute with your card issuer will.

• ReeRee Member

@al4tb said:
    you are talking about a hosting company open business hour only? so when your server have some problem friday night you have to wait till monday they come in to look it up for you? you must be sharing "room" with them in "lala" land some where.

If you read what I said, I said Billing tickets are only answered during normal business hours. So if your "change" was to add a second HD, or additional IPs, or something else that would require you to be invoiced first, then yeah that's going to have to wait until Monday.

But Dedicated Support tickets are always answered very promptly (usually a few minutes, at the longest I've waited a few hours). If you have a problem with your server, this is where you'll open your ticket, and your problem will likely be resolved very quickly.

• Ree said: So if your "change" was to add a second HD, or additional IPs, or something else that would require you to be invoiced first, then yeah that's going to have to wait until Monday.

For upgrades like IP addresses, etc it is often handled by support/sales 24x7. Support can't see the payments coming in so often they'll ask you to update them when the payment is made and then take it on trust that the payment has been made. Obviously if it hasn't then it will be caught on the next business day.

Getting a physical hardware upgrade done at weekends (Sat/Sun in US/Europe) wont happen because that is only handled during the business week. It doesn't mean it wont happen, but its not a normal process. When there has been an emergency requirement for additional RAM/Disk/servers sometimes we've been able to beg and get someone to bend the rules.

But as a rule of thumb, that sort of thing is done during business hours. Support is 24x7 and generally they'll get your questions answered fast and more importantly accurately.