Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared hosting for Xenforo forum?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared hosting for Xenforo forum?

Hello,

I read lately on this forum that shared hosting are allowed here. So I want to ask, I have a small forum with few members (Xenforo) and I want a hosting for it. I don't have the technical requirements to get a VPS. So I prefer a hosting where everything is managed.

Litespeed + SSD are a plus for me.

Any suggestions from your part?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member
    edited December 2014

Am hosting hostingclerks with misterhost.net and works great. You got 30 day moneyback i think so you may give it a try. Good luck.

• Ps do not go with hostgator and co! Really bad speed for vbulletin and xenforo.

• HostWithLinux?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@JoeBiss I will be glad to discuss about your requirements. Can you PM me?

• BuyAds said: Ps do not go with hostgator and co! Really bad speed for vbulletin and xenforo.

+1. Do not go with any EIG company. Most of them are slow and lack features like Ioncube.

• My advice is to make sure they've got a capable MySQL server. We tried running XenForo on a shared host with about 125 daily unique visitors and 2500 daily pageviews, and got a fair bit of downtime because of the database not being able to cope. We ended up moving to Linode, and found a massive improvement in site speed.

• @JoeBiss
    What are you requirements?
    I will PM you to discuss a bit more.

I have Varnish + NGINX if that matters,

• Try buyshared from buyvm. I think its out of stock now but it will be restocked soon.