Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with high bandwidth in USA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with high bandwidth in USA

camorracamorra Member
edited June 2012 in General

Hello,

I have site (on Wordpress) with a lot of videos clips and my bandwidth usage for 4 days is 239.7 GB (132.7 GB bandwidth saved by CloudFlare) so i want VPS with high month bandwidth. Site is for people from USA. Daily unique visitors - 2 000. Now my site is fast but I need higher bandwidth.

I don't know providers in USA so please help me ;)

PS. I can put other site on VPS soon.
PS 2. I like Debian and Direct Admin / other GUI panels.

Thanked by 1jcaleb

Comments

• How much storage space do you need?

Take a look at ServerAxis they might not be lowend, but they have a good reputation and you can get a 40 or 100mbps unmetered VPS for a decent price.

• RethinkVPS comes to mind - they're (shared) Gbit unmetered.

VPS6 also offer unmetered BW for $24.95/mo on top of their packages, or you could arrange some trickery with the DOUBLEMYVPS6 coupon that'll double your BW/RAM.

Also, BuyVM have good allocations of BW, and IIRC it's ~$2.50 or so per TB to add more BW if you need any more on top of an existing plan.

• KairusKairus Member

Have you thought about spreading the videos over a few different VPSes? Spread the bandwidth out, and might be cheaper that way if you find some good deals.

• I use to use http://100tbh.com/ It was fassst

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Why not put it behind a CDN like Amazon Cloudfront or something with origin pull?

Pay for what you use, barely any configuration required, no downtime since you don't need to move anything around, and if traffic drops again you won't be paying more...

• NodeDeploy on the front page of LEB right now is offering unmetered 100mbit for $6.95/month.

• yomeroyomero Member

@Oliver said: Why not put it behind a CDN like Amazon Cloudfront or something with origin pull?

60GB per day in a CDN... how costly :|

How much does that cost?

• yomeroyomero Member

@Oliver said: How much does that cost?

It says the price goes from 12c to 25c
    Let's suppose the lowest, that is 7.2usd daily, that is 216 per month. Ridiculous unless your blog can afford that.

• @ihatetonyy said: Also, BuyVM have good allocations of BW, and IIRC it's ~$2.50 or so per TB to add more BW if you need any more on top of an existing plan.

They never have stock so why bothering even mentioning them?

yomero: OK - my bad! Hehe :-)

• @taipres said: They never have stock so why bothering even mentioning them?

http://doesbuyvmhavestock.com/

@ now :

OpenVZ-512MB 18 2012/06/22 at 6:13 am Order Now
    OpenVZ-1024MB 24 2012/06/22 at 6:24 am Order Now
    OpenVZ-2048MB 29 2012/06/22 at 4:07 am Order Now

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • laaevlaaev Member
    edited June 2012

Semoweb has a VPS special for 10TB bandwidth for $5/m

Thanked by 1taipres
  • klikliklikli Member

Lowest price for 1GB of CDN is like 10c/GB. 239.7-132.7=107GB so you can assume CDN costs you $10.7/mo but I think you also offload your load across the globe;)

• @Mon5t3r said: @ now :

OpenVZ-512MB 18 2012/06/22 at 6:13 am Order Now

OpenVZ-1024MB 24 2012/06/22 at 6:24 am Order Now
    OpenVZ-2048MB 29 2012/06/22 at 4:07 am Order Now

Alrighty :) thanks for the correction.

• http://fanaticalvps.com/unmetered-vps.php unmetered 1Gbps plans for $10.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @yomero said: 60GB per day in a CDN... how costly :|

I use over 2TB on tests daily :P

• TazTaz Member

@taipres doubt you will get close to gbps for that price.

• @NinjaHawk said: @taipres doubt you will get close to gbps for that price.

That's what they offer and from what i've heard they're a solid company with good hardware.

• TazTaz Member

Hardware might be grateeee. I am talking about network. Well just my 2c

• jcalebjcaleb Member

if you have an unmetered 40 or 100mbps, won't you be getting yourself suspended if you constantly eat that 24/7?

• TazTaz Member

@jcaleb not exactly. Unless it is something like hetzner does.
    I believe that you should be able to use what you were sold. So on a 100mbps unmetered shared I might not expect 30tb but at least 20+tb bandwidth or else o will say you are doing false advertising.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • yomeroyomero Member

@klikli said: Lowest price for 1GB of CDN is like 10c/GB. 239.7-132.7=107GB so you can assume CDN costs you $10.7/mo but I think you also offload your load across the globe;)

That was just FOUR days.

@taipres said: They never have stock so why bothering even mentioning them?

God...

• jcalebjcaleb Member

i maybe in the same situation as @camorra soon. Not sure if my client will agree using youtube, and may insist on self hosted video clips. i am willing to pay more, as long as i can use what was promised. i'll check the suggested providers above.

also another issue. maybe sometimes you are promised 100mbps, but actual network might be slow. so non-sense for what was promised speed and bandwidth. e.g. i have a cheap box with high bandwidth, but im sure based on their speed, there is no way i can achieve that.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

[@taipres said: They never have stock so why bothering even mentioning them?

they have stock 512mb, 1024mb, 2048mb for a long time now. i always visit their page.

• huluwahuluwa Member

Infinitie, $15/mo, 100M Unmetered, cPanel include.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@huluwa what is the website? thanks man

• TazTaz Member

@jcaleb that's why for high bandwidth project ( a corporate video tutorial portal) my top peak has always been 100tb from soft

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@NinjaHawk thanks, what is the website?

• TazTaz Member

@jcaleb 100tb.com

Thanked by 1jcaleb