Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server

sumosumo Member
edited December 2014 in Requests

Post or PM me your offers (or questions). Below is a list of my requirements. I tried to make them as specific and reasonable as possible. Offers exceeding those requirements are always a plus. The best offer is the one with the best value, not necessarily the lowest price.

I am looking to add another dedicated server and can wait up to February 15, 2015 for delivery, sooner is better.

If no better offers appear, will most likely pick up a server from Online.net

PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Application server (lots of number crunching) and database server

MINIMUM:

1. E3-1230 (passmark 8,026) or dual X5650 (passmark 7,596) 2. 32GB ECC 3. 120GB SSD or 1TB HD 4. 10TB @ 1 Gbps port 5. IPMI or DRAC - temporary or dedicated 6. 1 usable IPv4 7. Reliable hardware 8. Reliable and stable connectivity to the US 9. Host with good reputation, good stability, and no drama 10. Best effort uptime equivalent to a 99.9% SLA for connectivity, power, and hardware 11. Decent support with reasonable response time 12. Payment does not start until server is delivered 13. High quality data center that houses multiple hosts catering to enterprise clients 14. No resellers

15-20 purposely left blank

IDEAL:

21. Enterprise grade hardware 22. Monthly payments, may consider longer payment 23. Multi homed connections from tier 1 carriers 24. Pricing in USD 25. US, CAN, or EU data center 26. Dedicated IPMI or DRAC 27. IPMI or DRAC behind firewall 28. 240GB SSD 29. /29, 5 usable IPv4 30. IPv6 31. Not in Seattle or Las Vegas 32. No RTO/LTO

BUDGET:
$50 USD/month recurring + $0 setup (any offers above stated budget must significantly surpass the listed requirements)

Comments

• Dacentec

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2014

realistic price for that server if it is E3 is around 100 usd range. Volumedrive had cheap X5650s

• @nexmark said:
    Dacentec

Thanks for the suggestion, took a look at their offers prior to the post. But, they mainly do RTO

• @drserver said:
    realistic price for that server if it is E3 is around 100 usd range. Volumedrive had cheap X5650s

Waiting for a reply from Volumedrive regarding questions about their data center. Versaweb had E3's that met the requirements a couple of months ago for $49/month @ 6 months prepayment. This is before they included DDOS protection automatically in all their plans.

• JRTechJRTech Member
    edited December 2014

Hetzner: Dedicated Root Server EX40, offers EUR 0 setup fee until the end of this year.

Thanked by 1sumo
  • ucxoucxo Member
    edited December 2014

Or try Hetzner's Dutch auction. The cheapest server with 32 GB ECC RAM is currently at 50 €, but if you're willing to wait you might get it cheaper.

Thanked by 1sumo
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2014

Though my site isnt up yet contact me on phoenix.talisman skype I can do the following

E3-1230

32GB RAM

240GB SSD

10TB @ 1 GBPS

/29 IP block

Location Netherlands

@ $55 /mo

Perks

Free WHMCS license unbranded

Free SSL cert comodo

@sumo

P.S Test IP 37.46.194.157

Deployment time 48h

• @JRTech @ucxo

Thank you for bringing Hetzner up. I forgot to check them out prior to posting. The Dutch auction may work out. I'll give it some time and see if any will work out

• sumosumo Member
    edited December 2014

@BharatB

Thanks for the offer, but I only want to deal direct. I adjusted the post

@sumo said:
    BharatB

Thanks for the offer, but I only want to deal direct

If you want via our site and are willing to wait for few hours I'll be able to process your order officialy

• @BharatB said:
    If you want via our site and are willing to wait for few hours I'll be able to process your order officialy

Aren't you a reseller? Did something change in the past couple of months?

@sumo said:
    Aren't you a reseller? Did something change in the past couple of months?

No reseller offers @ that price ( as far as I've seen ) I've invested on contracts rather than hardware to be able to get to this point. :)

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2014

Hello

@sumo

For that price you can only get a packaged offer.

Name : Green G460

Cpu : intel celeron G460 DC HT

RAM : 8Go

Disk : SATA 1To

Price : 50$ / month

Setup fee : 58$

For more info follow the link:
    https://express.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server

• I think SoYouStart Canada might meet your need, but then it is necessary to keep an eye on their website for stock availability. There is several scripts in this forum which helps automatic notification I believe.

• @BharatB didn't you stop trading and pass over to XFuse Solutions?

• @wych said:
    BharatB didn't you stop trading and pass over to XFuse Solutions?

It's VPS wych, not he's starting another business to provide dedi.

• BharatB said: Though my site isnt up yet contact me on phoenix.talisman skype I can do the following

Until you have an offer post on the site, you are not allowed to do this, and you know it because I've told you before.

Don't go making an offer post for the time being.

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

@c1bl said: It's VPS wych, not he's starting another business to provide dedi.

Huh? That looks exactly like what he is doing... Pretty much as what @Nekki said was why I was asking.

• @Ikoula said:
    Hello

sumo

For that price you can only get a packaged offer.

Name : Green G460

Cpu : intel celeron G460 DC HT

RAM : 8Go

Disk : SATA 1To

Price : 50$ / month

Setup fee : 58$

For more info follow the link:
    https://express.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server

Thank you for the offer, but its well below the specs I'm looking for

• sumosumo Member
    edited December 2014

@nhocconan said:
    I think SoYouStart Canada might meet your need, but then it is necessary to keep an eye on their website for stock availability. There is several scripts in this forum which helps automatic notification I believe.

I've thought about them before, but the port speed isn't 1Gbps. Also, isn't their support equivalent to their Kimsufi line and the order process hit or miss, even if you order from the Canada/US site?

• @sumo said:
    I've thought about them before, but the port speed isn't 1Gbps. Also, isn't their support equivalent to their Kimsufi line and the order process hit or miss, even if you order from the Canada/US site?

The port speed is hard-capped at ~200mbps and it is more than enough for me :-). I experienced much better support on SYS Canada/US site. I have both SYS France and SYS Canada accounts, and my SYS Canada account take < 1 day to be verified while the one with SYS France needs weeks.

When I used the bash monitoring script to check the stock, it seems that they restock quite frequently so it is not really hard to grab one. As you do not rush to order, I think it is quite easy to have one.

Thanked by 1sumo
  • sumo said: Also, isn't their support equivalent to their Kimsufi line and the order process hit or miss, even if you order from the Canada/US site?

Yeah support is pretty bad. :(

Thanked by 1sumo
  • @nhocconan said:

The port speed is hard-capped at ~200mbps and it is more than enough for me :-). I experienced much better support on SYS Canada/US site. I have both SYS France and SYS Canada accounts, and my SYS Canada account take < 1 day to be verified while the one with SYS France needs weeks.
    >
    When I used the bash monitoring script to check the stock, it seems that they restock quite frequently so it is not really hard to grab one. As you do not rush to order, I think it is quite easy to have one.

That's good to know. Maybe that'll be good for a back up server. The complaints about OVH has put me off getting anything from them so far.

As for validation, do they also want government ID and all that stuff to order from Canada/US?

• @4n0nx said:
    Yeah support is pretty bad. :(

It's a shame, it would be such a better service

• @sumo said:
    As for validation, do they also want government ID and all that stuff to order from Canada/US?

I think they just call the customers (?). The servers are fine, just support is terrible. If your IP geolocation, rDNS, or similar is wrong, don't expect help..

• sumo said: As for validation, do they also want government ID and all that stuff to order from Canada/US?

Yes they do (at least for me, when I am from Asia :-).

@sumo As you can see on https://express.ikoula.com/serveur-dedie we have stronger configurations but it cost around 100$ to get what you're asking.
    It is also the price to have 24/7 support and people willing to do more than expected for their customers.
    Thanks for replying my message anyway :)

Thanked by 1sumo
  • @Ikoula said:
    sumo As you can see on https://express.ikoula.com/serveur-dedie we have stronger configurations but it cost around 100$ to get what you're asking.
    It is also the price to have 24/7 support and people willing to do more than expected for their customers.
    Thanks for replying my message anyway :)

I completely understand. From the sounds of it, your customers get what they pay for. I have a couple of servers (from another provider) that has very good support. For this particular one, I'm looking for something that I would call a high value budget server. I don't want no support or poor support, just something decent.

It's for a project that I'll be experimenting quite a bit and would prefer not to host it on my current servers. I expect it to consume a lot of hardware resources, not so much bandwidth. Basically, I just need the server to run reasonably well until I decide if I should, keep the setup, upgrade to something better, or drop the project altogether.

@sumo i see, good luck in your experimentations then :)

Thanked by 1sumo
  • Hello sumo,

I would recommend you the Dedibox LT v2 online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-lt2k14v2. It should be exactly what you are looking for.
    Feel free to ask me if you have any other questions.

Thanked by 1sumo