Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server

Comments

• @bene_online you guys are awesome, but you should really start accepting paypal again. You are turning away a big portion of your potential customers by not accepting paypal.

Thanked by 1edan
  • @rds100 said:
    bene_online you guys are awesome, but you should really start accepting paypal again. You are turning away a big portion of your potential customers by not accepting paypal.

And certain existing customers wish it could be turned back on!

• @wych said:
    And certain existing customers wish it could be turned back on!

I would like more payment options as well. PayPal, bank transfer, Bitcoin,..

• Unfortunately we can not offer any other payment method than AMEX, MC and VISA at the moment. :(

• @bene_online said:
    Hello sumo,

I would recommend you the Dedibox LT v2 online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-lt2k14v2. It should be exactly what you are looking for.
    Feel free to ask me if you have any other questions.

That's the exact server I'm using as a benchmark in my post. It would be nice if there was a way to recover the setup fee if a customer prepaid for 3, 6, 9, or 12 months.

From what I've seen in the market and replies from this thread, I will mostly likely pick that server up. I have a few servers with you guys already.

• The setup fee will pays off itself if you keep the server for a longer period and then benefit from very low monthly rates...

• Found an ad on WHT for managed dedicated servers from Uni Web Hosting that looks a bit too good to be true. Has anyone dealt with them before? There are four servers in the ad, I copied the first two below.

Type: Dell i7 CPU: Intel i7-4770 Speed: 8x2.66 Ghz RAM: 32 GB DDR3 RAM HDD: 2x 2 TB 6 Gb/s SATA HDD Traffic: 200Mbit Unmetered Location: Germany Limited time offer Lifetime pricing $24/month annual pricing

Type: dell Xeon CPU: Intel® Xeon® E3-1270 v3 Speed: 8x3.2 Ghz RAM: 32 GB ECC RAM HDD: 2 x 240 GB SSD Traffic: 200Mbit ( Unlimited Bandwidth) Location: Germany No setup fee $40/month annual pricing

Thanked by 1edan
  • @sumo said:
    Found an ad on WHT for managed dedicated servers from Uni Web Hosting that looks a bit too good to be true. Has anyone dealt with them before? There are four servers in the ad, I copied the first two below.

Type: Dell i7 CPU: Intel i7-4770 Speed: 8x2.66 Ghz RAM: 32 GB DDR3 RAM HDD: 2x 2 TB 6 Gb/s SATA HDD Traffic: 200Mbit Unmetered Location: Germany Limited time offer Lifetime pricing $24/month annual pricing

Type: dell Xeon CPU: Intel® Xeon® E3-1270 v3 Speed: 8x3.2 Ghz RAM: 32 GB ECC RAM HDD: 2 x 240 GB SSD Traffic: 200Mbit ( Unlimited Bandwidth) Location: Germany No setup fee $40/month annual pricing

hetzner.de

• @mustafaramadhan said:
    hetzner.de

Yes, but how can they offer managed servers for below Hetzner pricing, unless it was a special volume discount, which also brings the question of how reliable can the service be for that price. It can disappear in a month or two or support can be non-existent, particularly concerning since its a managed server

• These offers are for annual contract only.

We can get almost same price from Hetzner at monthly contract itself without a longer commitment.

• edanedan Member
    edited December 2014

@sumo said:
    Found an ad on WHT for managed dedicated servers from Uni Web Hosting that looks a bit too good to be true. Has anyone dealt with them before? There are four servers in the ad, I copied the first two below.

That's so da*n cheap, any review about this provider? recurring or first month?

Update: happyday2014 - 50% One Time Discount but they stated as lifetime discount on the thread.

• i could have sworn i posted asking reviews about them here on LET ..
    anyways yeah .. seems like a great deal .

• I posted a thread about uniwebhosting before but it seems no one here have experience with this company. I don't know how they can resell hetzner dedi with very low price

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/38781/anyone-using-uniwebhosting-com#latest

• Based on that thread, looks like @nhocconan purchased one. Maybe he can shed some light on the process and how they are so far. Granted, its hasn't been a long enough time to do a proper review

• @edan said:
    Update: happyday2014 - 50% One Time Discount but they stated as lifetime discount on the thread.

No, the discount is for annual plans only. And you don't have a choice of monthly plan.
    As I said here, buying from hetzner itself is more attractive.

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited December 2014

uniwebhosting.com facebook page looks fake... it has +3k likes but rarely anyone posting comments or liking

• @bene_online said:
    Unfortunately we can not offer any other payment method than AMEX, MC and VISA at the moment. :(

Can existing customers have PP re-activated?

@bene_online said:
    The setup fee will pays off itself if you keep the server for a longer period and then benefit from very low monthly rates...

It doesn't when paying by card incurrs 30EUR of bank charges each month due to foreign currency transaction fees.

• sumosumo Member
    edited December 2014

Went with Online.net. When this thread was made, there were 42+ of those servers. As of this post, there are now only 11 left according to their website.

@bene_online

• @wych

don't most cc's charge 2-3% for foreign exchange fees? Wouldn't it take 1000EUR equivalent of service converted to a different currency to incur 30EUR per month in foreign currency exchange fees?

• @wych said:
    It doesn't when paying by card incurrs 30EUR of bank charges each month due to foreign currency transaction fees.

Halifax? Use FirstDirect

• wych said: It doesn't when paying by card incurrs 30EUR of bank charges each month due to foreign currency transaction fees.

You got paypal right? why not just use a Paypal Master card. no fees with that.

• @sumo said:

any updates to this?

• @sumo Welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions :)

• @wych: Unfortunately not; If you changed from PayPal to credit card this can't be undone. Maybe you can find a card with better conversation rates....

• @bene_online said:
    wych: Unfortunately not; If you changed from PayPal to credit card this can't be undone. Maybe you can find a card with better conversation rates....

Thats a pain...

• @sepei said:
    any updates to this?

Unfortunately no

• I got from them:
    "Where? No we don`t have any negative reviews. We are working for 10 years and our current costumers praise us @nhocconan and @luislora) webhostingtalk.

Our costumers who praise us @nhocconan and @luislora, Daniel F. , Knox W. , David S. , Matthew G. , Ganna S. , Melinda W. , Warren J....

Our client IP adress servers 144.76.223.241, 213.239.212.177 , 88.198.16.147, 5.9.38.18 , 36.243.3.24, 148.251.90.210, 136.243.21.82, 78.46.89.168 , and + 1000 client, please check dns from uniweb.

We are business partner with Hetzner about that, we have special offer/price for you. We are working for 10 years and our current costumers praise us.

Thanks

"

The WHT Members have 1-2 Post that "praise" them.
    I dont trust this.

• @sepei said:
    I got from them:
    "Where? No we don`t have any negative reviews. We are working for 10 years and our current costumers praise us nhocconan and luislora) webhostingtalk.

Our costumers who praise us nhocconan and luislora, Daniel F. , Knox W. , David S. , Matthew G. , Ganna S. , Melinda W. , Warren J....

Our client IP adress servers 144.76.223.241, 213.239.212.177 , 88.198.16.147, 5.9.38.18 , 36.243.3.24, 148.251.90.210, 136.243.21.82, 78.46.89.168 , and + 1000 client, please check dns from uniweb.

We are business partner with Hetzner about that, we have special offer/price for you. We are working for 10 years and our current costumers praise us.

Thanks

"

I dont trust this.

Well since they claim they're business partners with Hetzner how about someone email Hetzner asking if it's true? :o

• @Ruriko said:
    Well since they claim they're business partners with Hetzner how about someone email Hetzner asking if it's true? :o

Good idea. I do it.

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited December 2014

@sepei said:
    I got from them:
    "Where? No we don`t have any negative reviews. We are working for 10 years and our current costumers praise us nhocconan and luislora) webhostingtalk.

Our costumers who praise us nhocconan and luislora, Daniel F. , Knox W. , David S. , Matthew G. , Ganna S. , Melinda W. , Warren J....

Thanks

"

I dont trust this.

mmmh, why was I tagged here since I just simply purchase from them and have no review / comment about them?