Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inviting ALL LET Providers to make more money
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inviting ALL LET Providers to make more money

dammuglydammugly Member
edited December 2014 in General

yeah that was a click bait headline
but not really
ok so one of the projects i have on the backburner is rapid vps deployment across the globe.

so would any of you guys be interested in making some API type setups for me ?
just PM me with your locations and prices etc for 512+MB and above VPS

then we will work on some kind of system where i have money in my account with you ( prepaid) and anytime i need a vps i just make an api type call and have it up and running

i hope i am making a little sense .

thanx all

Comments

• it doesn't make any sense.

• ok .. how do i close this thread then mark

• Don't you just want a reseller account or a "cloud" account that has API access?

• @dammugly said:
    ok .. how do i close this thread then mark

by contacting a moderator and asking nicely if they wanna take care of it.

• dammuglydammugly Member
    edited December 2014

yeah @wych .. i need 512-1024 mb vps almost every week ( depending on sales)
    and all across teh globe
    so i am trying to setup something where i have to spend less time and just have some good deals already in the bag .. so anytime i need a vps in ny/dc/sj/ etc
    boom i just write a small bash script and deploy a vps

• @mark_r .. thank you .. you are very knowledgeable in these things .. i value your comments.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • You just need a VPS reseller account, many companies including Delimiter off this against a prepaid account.

• @dammugly said:
    yeah wych .. i need 512-1024 mb vps almost every week ( depending on sales)
    and all across teh globe
    so i am trying to setup something where i have to spend less time and just have some good deals already in the bag .. so anytime i need a vps in ny/dc/sj/ etc
    boom i just write a small bash script and deploy a vps

A number of providers offer hourly billing and api's, I would guess they are closest to what you want.

• @wych .. yep i am hoping so .. hence this post to .sort of "ping them" to connect with me and send a tcp 2 way handshake ;)

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited December 2014

@dammugly said:
    mark_r .. thank you .. you are very knowledgeable in these things .. i value your comments.

thanks alot, i appreciate the honesty and the straightforwardness.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2014

A few hourly billing providers:

• thanx @perennate .. in the process of signing up with vultr right now

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited December 2014

You can give yourself API like software but it'll involve scraping and using the UI of WHMCS.

• Method to pick a product and submit the form (I half automate this using a browser extension to fill out the form)
    • Grab invoice ID and pay it using the payment processor of your (and their) choice
    • Fetch and parse emails (I use a login area that parses incoming emails)

Pretty much every provider on WHMCS has the same process flow so it'd work on multiple providers. The only kludge part is the scraping of the UI and POSTing the form which isn't all that out of the ordinary.

• @ricardo .. yeah .. thats what i am trying to do is collect a lot of vendors and then make sure i am setup to do api type calls and deploy vps when needed. thanx guys .. appreciate the inputs .

• isn't this what OneProvider does?

• @ricardo said:
    You can give yourself API like software but it'll involve scraping and using the UI of WHMCS.

• Method to pick a product and submit the form (I half automate this using a browser extension to fill out the form)
    • Grab invoice ID and pay it using the payment processor of your (and their) choice
    • Fetch and parse emails (I use a login area that parses incoming emails)

Pretty much every provider on WHMCS has the same process flow so it'd work on multiple providers. The only kludge part is the scraping of the UI and POSTing the form which isn't all that out of the ordinary.

Unless you have special arrangement with provider to whitelist your IP, maxmind or similar will flag the orders as fraud.

• Not really. It's just filling in a form and submitting it. It'd have to be a whacky provider to report a paying customer as fraud just because they use a mechanism to fill forms and place orders quicker.

• @ricardo It could work if the scrapper is from a residential IP ( same as billing details), since vpn/proxy/server IPs are not allowed by many LET providers.

• ricardo said: (I half automate this using a browser extension to fill out the form)

It seems we're now in the realm of supposing something else.

• What jurisdictions are you most interested in?

• You can get Digital Ocean reseller script for WHMCS, but your pricing would have to be quite expensive so make a decent profit.

• said: dammugly

Why don't you just make a WHMCS module using some providers API? VULTR have servers 12 locations worldwide, perfect for you.

Also, you can offer or sell your module to others. Sure there will be a lof of interested people.

• @keyjey .. i am trying to get AWAY from cpanel .. in my personal opinion its bloated

• cPanel has nothing to do with this ...

• KeyJey said: VULTR have servers 12 locations worldwide, perfect for you.

Vultr terminate whole accounts for abuse apparently? @DaveA

• @keyjey ..sorry i misread .. yeah for billing i am trying to use boxbilling
    and will probably end up writing something like that ..
    thats actually what i wanted with these posts to ping a few guys who would be interested in working with me

• dammugly said: @keyjey ..sorry i misread .. yeah for billing i am trying to use boxbilling and will probably end up writing something like that .. thats actually what i wanted with these posts to ping a few guys who would be interested in working with me

Well, I still keep my recommendations to you to take profit of your business ;)

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

@dammugly said:
    yeah for billing i am trying to use boxbilling

Ouch...

Latest version

Version: 3.6.11

Released: 2013-06-11

• dammuglydammugly Member
    edited December 2014

@wych ..
    DOS started way back when ? and windows 3.11 ..
    and dont get me started on COBOL .( still running institutions ) \

i guess the point i am trying to make is .. box does what i need perfectly .. i dont need more ..

• @dammugly said:
    wych ..
    DOS started way back when ? and windows 3.11 ..
    and dont get me started on COBOL .( still running institutions )

And what does that have to do with anything?