Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inviting ALL LET Providers to make more money - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inviting ALL LET Providers to make more money

2»

Comments

• dont fix shit if it aint broke .. thats what i mean ..

• and while we are at it .. what does it have to do with anything that it was released "Released: 2013-06-11" ? is it buggy ? hacked ?
    and "updated and maintained" is no guarrantee of security either as shell shocked has taught us nicely

• dammugly said: no guarrantee of security either as shell shocked has taught us nicely

There's no such thing as a guarantee, but it means it certainly hasn't been patched for any recent vulnerabilities.

If you don't care that there may be security holes in your billing software of choice due to a lack of maintenance, that's entirely up to you.

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

@dammugly said:
    dont fix shit if it aint broke .. thats what i mean ..

Ok then...

@dammugly said:
    and while we are at it .. what does it have to do with anything that it was released "Released: 2013-06-11" ? is it buggy ? hacked ?
    and "updated and maintained" is no guarrantee of security either as shell shocked has taught us nicely

I sense some hostility...
    It could be all of the above and you may never know if they don't offer bugfixes or support.

Either way, your server/services your rules.

@Nekki said:
    If you don't care that there may be security holes in your billing software of choice due to a lack of maintenance, that's entirely up to you.

Pretty much.

• @wych .. you must be kidding me .. is that a normal thing here on LET :)

.>. ..I sense some hostility...

so someone calls you on bullshit and you say that ? nothing substantial to back up your claims ?

@nekki .. like i said i am fine with using it , not forcing anyone to switch .. the market is CORNERED by a BLOATED product and people just tow the line .

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

@dammugly said:
    wych .. you must be kidding me .. is that a normal thing here on LET :)

.>. ..I sense some hostility...

Not the first time...

so someone calls you on bullshit and you say that ? nothing substantial to back up your claims ?

@dammugly what bullshit is that exactly?

All I pointed out is that BoxBilling hasn't been updated in the last 18 months (to the day actually) and thus it may be vulnerable.

the market is CORNERED by a BLOATED product and people just tow the line .

I'm assuming your on about WHMCS now and not cPanel too since that also is bloated according to you...

• i think i was pretty clear

Quoting you ".>. ..I sense some hostility..." ?

what did you feel the "hostility " in ?

Define hostility :

hostile behaviour; unfriendliness or opposition.
    "their hostility to all outsiders"
    synonyms:   antagonism, unfriendliness, bitterness, malevolence, malice, unkindness, spite, spitefulness, rancour, rancorousness, venom, wrath, anger, hatred; More
    aggression, aggressiveness, belligerence, bellicosity, pugnaciousness, militancy, truculence, warlikeness
    "the boy glared at her with hostility"
    opposition, antagonism, animosity, antipathy, animus, ill will, ill feeling, bad feeling, resentment, aversion, enmity, inimicalness
    "there is a great amount of hostility to the present regime"
    antonyms:   friendliness, approval
        acts of warfare.
        plural noun: hostilities
        "he called for an immediate cessation of hostilities"
        synonyms:   fighting, conflict, armed conflict, combat, warfare, war, bloodshed, violence, action, military action, battles, strife
        "he called for an immediate cessation of hostilities"
        antonyms:   peace

Origin
    late Middle English: from French hostilité or late Latin hostilitas, from Latin hostilis (see hostile).
    Translate hostility to
    Use over time for: hostility

All I pointed out is that BoxBilling hasn't been updated in the last 18 months (to the day actually).

now if you would have only said that in the first place ;)
    sure its not been updated .. and like i said .. just because something is not "updated" in while ..doesnt mean jack.

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

@dammugly

Since you asked...

@dammugly said:
    i think i was pretty clear

what did you feel the "hostility " in ?

Your general attitude towards me in the previous threads.

Define hostility :

hostile behaviour; unfriendliness or opposition.
    "their hostility to all outsiders"...

Origin
    late Middle English: from French hostilité or late Latin hostilitas, from Latin hostilis (see hostile).
    Translate hostility to
    Use over time for: hostility

Didn't need a dictionary excerpt or history lesson... https://www.google.co.uk/search?#q=define:hostility&rct

now if you would have only said that in the first place

Not sure how you perceived if I said anything else...

sure its not been updated .. and like i said .. just because something is not "updated" in while ..doesnt mean jack.

Guess that's a matter of opinion...

You also never clarified my "bullshit".

• @wych .. dude i dont know/care who you are and have not given 1 iota of thought towards that .. dead serious here ..i don't think about you

Guess that's a matter of opinion...

it sure is .. and you are entitled to one.

• @dammugly Are you planning on using the software for capturing customer information, or for something else entirely?

• something completely different .. just making sure i have some way or organizing shit