Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost [US/EU] HIGH STORAGE, HIGH BANDWIDTH, HIGH RAM, 20c IPs, 9 PLANS TO CHOOSE FROM! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost [US/EU] HIGH STORAGE, HIGH BANDWIDTH, HIGH RAM, 20c IPs, 9 PLANS TO CHOOSE FROM!

Comments

• @Gallaeaho is @HostNun, whom I believe was already a reseller of GVH.

• @mpkossen said:
    Gallaeaho is HostNun, whom I believe was already a reseller of GVH.

Wait, what?

Thanked by 1ranaldlys
  • @mpkossen said:
    Gallaeaho is HostNun, whom I believe was already a reseller of GVH.

Out of curiosity since I don't think it's stated outright in the rules: are LET members allowed to use multiple accounts and pose as different people like that?

• @hellogoodbye said:
    Out of curiosity since I don't think it's stated outright in the rules: are LET members allowed to use multiple accounts and pose as different people like that?

They always have been and still are. We keep track of who is who. I am going to reconsider this, though.

• mpkossen said: @Gallaeaho is @HostNun, whom I believe was already a reseller of GVH.

What the f...... Didn't hostnun complain about GVH's dedicated servers and how he had no support? How is he working for GVH now?

• @black said:

Somehow I am no longer shocked by anything that happens on LET.

• this reminds me of Stolen identities

• @black said:
    What the f...... Didn't hostnun complain about GVH's dedicated servers and how he had no support? How is he working for GVH now?

I'm confused as heck...

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • @0xdragon said:
    I'm confused as heck...

Likewise.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

MEGA Ram Plan is out of Stock !!!

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    MEGA Ram Plan is out of Stock !!!

Shit, I piss my pants...

• @black said:

I think HostNun/Gallaeaho is female. And I'm just as confused, it does not make much sense after what happened with the dedi.

• @iKeyZ said:
    I think HostNun/Gallaeaho is female. And I'm just as confused, it does not make much sense after what happened with the dedi.

AFAIK, HostNun is male.

• It doesn't help that the chronology is confusing either:

By Sept 1 Gallaeaho was working for GVH: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/714813/#Comment_714813

On Sept 6 HostNun was complaining about a dedi they never received from GVH, who responded as if there was nothing more between them than a typical host-customer relationship: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/720935/#Comment_720935

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @0xdragon said:
    AFAIK, HostNun is male.

Oh, well according to Jon, Gallaeaho is female?

@jnguyen said:
    She was hired after that post.

• @iKeyZ said:

She was hired after that post.

I did some charity work for HostNun for a while, pretty sure he's male.

• @Weblogics is your MEGA RAM SPECIAL vps activated??

• May I have 1000 MB speed test files for all five locations?

• @0xdragon said:
    I did some charity work for HostNun for a while, pretty sure he's male.

If you believe the veracity of this post then Gallaeaho's name is Amy: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/659079/#Comment_659079

Given the sheer amount of guys posing as female staff around here, though, it's likely that they're actually male.

• @hellogoodbye said:
    Given the sheer amount of guys posing as female staff around here, though, it's likely that they're actually male.

I'm so confused right now :(

• @0xdragon said:
    I'm so confused right now :(

I think everyone is, I'm assuming the two accounts are linked through the same IP or something but on the outset they appear to be different people of different genders. Really surprised this sort of thing is allowed at LET to be honest. So much potential for shilling and trolling, just to name a couple.

• hellogoodbye said: Given the sheer amount of guys posing as female staff around here, though, it's likely that they're actually male.

Just saying:

36) Anonymous does not forgive.

37) There are no girls on the internet.

38) A cat is fine too

• @Silvenga said:

37) There are no girls on the internet.

So either my birth certificate has been a lie all these years or I'm not actually on the internet...

• hellogoodbye said: So either my birth certificate has been a lie all these years or I'm not actually on the internet...

Not my point. That rule can be taken in multiple meanings.

• The literal - there are no girls on the Internet, hence only guys are on the Internet.
    • The ideal of different genders on the Internet is nonexistent, therefore there are no women on the Internet.
    • We should not assume a gender at all, hence no women or men are on the Internet.
    • As protection of being scammed (as the early Internet), hence the Internet defaults at no women on the Internet.
    • The list goes on.

What value does gender give to us, same as race - on the Internet? I personally believe Internet is a meritocracy, and as such, gender lines should be irrelevant.

• girl = guy in real life

Anyway, I know someone who's female and is on this forum (in person) so :)

@hellogoodbye, good choice of username.

Thanked by 1hellogoodbye
  • I must say, LET is the last place I'd expect to find philosophical discourse on gender. You quoted from a list that was clearly meant to be humorous, so I responded in kind. That was all.

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

A Male Representative replies Me on HostNun's Support Ticket whenever I need support :-)

• @Gallaeaho is not @HostNun, as far as I know. I'm being truthfully honest here.

• @0xdragon said:
    AFAIK, HostNun is male.

Gender doesn't exist on the internet.

• mpkossen said: They always have been and still are. We keep track of who is who. I am going to reconsider this, though.

Can you give me one good reason why? Don't you think prospective customers ought to know that their host is impersonating/operating under a fictitious id?