Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SZ1Hosting (HostingAndVPS) ASKING for Positive Reviews..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SZ1Hosting (HostingAndVPS) ASKING for Positive Reviews..

AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
edited September 2014 in Reviews

Just had this email hit my spam box (even with using mandrill)

Hello, we would like to ask if you could give us a positive reveiw on webhostingtalk.com & lowendtalk.com

We are working on our own review and offers site lowpricehosts.com we are still working on the site and it will be finished in the next 2 weeks, if you sell hosting you can post offers free and much more.

Thanks for choosing sz1Hosting aka HOSTINGandVPS.com  

Seriously.. my Review of them is.. NO.. NO.. AND MORE NO!.. i know that i wasn't with them for 3 Months, but that was God damn Impossible, since their MD Node got shut down within a week and a half of their first advertisement.
and with them telling me via ticket that UK and Czech Republic would be next (as i bought a CZ VPS as well)
more to just try them out and see if they were a diamond in the rough, just with an attitude problem

Although their Tickets were handled quite nicely, and tasks were completed within a timely manner (mainly adding ipv6)

the fact that they said that HostEasy had terminated their server, and yet they failed to contact ANY of the users on that server. (and people.. please do NOT use an i3 to host hundreds of containers.. it's just not cool....)

But i have to once again inform you NO!...

the fact i had two VPS' with them for the total of 3 days before one went down and i was informed of the other that was going to be going down. i only got a 50% refund (with the owner stating that he had been losing a lot of money so he can't refund my payments in full OR even Prorated)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and MORE NO!

Comments

• How desperate he must be to send out a poorly written email asking for 'positive reviews'.

• Sounds like a VPS Horror Story... I feel sorry for you mate!

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited September 2014

said: AutoSnipe

Hello, i am sorry to hear you feel this way and we are quite upset you feel like this, your Czech server is still online we refunded you in full for the moldvoa vps, we do not do refunds but i decided to let you have it due to the order being so new, UK is closing down at the end of the month yes, as for Czech republic we are keeping this location unless we feel it is not living up to our standards. Our new ovh big data server is our main server and Czech Republic servers are under review for the next 2 months due to low sales.

We will be keeping the OVH servers forever no matter what happens, and may expand to new locations at a slower pace this time, we still have servers in many locations but do not use them for commercial purposes.

We do our best to provide a quality service and always keep customers updated, you received that email because you have a active service with us.
    Would you like me to erase your Czech vps or do you plan on using it?

kcaj said: How desperate he must be to send out a poorly written email asking for 'positive reviews'.

We have a massive list of customers to send emails too, we only send them to clients with a active service with us, we have not posted a offer for a while so i would have to disagree with your opinion.

• funny thing was that i got an email just after buying a new MD Server (HostEasy) and a New CZ Server (FinalHosting) from s1z saying they weren't getting rid of the CZ Server because of a large amount of orders that day.. -.- SRSLY!..

At least i can say all the servers that are used on evoBurst.com are from Reputable companies except one... but who can pass up a $27 california dedi :-P

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • sz1hosting said: UK is closing down at the end of the month yes, as for Czech republic we are keeping this location unless we feel it is not living up to our standards.

Is it often you close down entire locations on a whim?

• sz1hosting said: Hello, your Czech server is still online we refunded you in full for the moldvoa vps, we do not do refunds but i decided to let you have it due to the order being so new, UK is closing down at the end of the month yes, as for Czech republic we are keeping this location unless we feel it is not living up to our standards.

This is why people told you to stop expanding you idiot. Now you're just reaping the consequences of not listening to anybody else.

The CZ locations days are also numbered.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish Pwner
  • AThomasHowe said: This is why people told you to stop expanding you idiot. Now you're just reaping the consequences of not listening to anybody else.

The CZ locations days are also numbered.

Yes i admit expanding to lots of locations in a short space of time lost me a few thousand dollars so i would have to agree, we will be keeping CZ even if it means losses, we have fdc servers and ovh and that is it now until we start seeing some profit.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited September 2014

Any interested can read about how sz1Hosting shares clientele data with friends.

Someone really is desperate, from IRC..

i need to ask all my friends to join let so i got some people to post less provocative comments

• Just for Purposes of Transparacy in this situation, for users to make their own decisions on, as i am not forcing anyone to not buy their services as this would be classed as bad sportsmanship, but the fact of the matter it's quite unprofessional to just let people go in the dark, not everyone on the Moldova node was a Indonesian Spammer and say that you're going to terminate a location on a whim, you either keep it or you ditch it and make it clear to everyone..

Regards,
    Ryan

• @OP,

As you did post this in the Reviews section, please read the new "Review" rules that were recently added here on LowEndTalk. As I can understand this thread probably should exist, it's not technically a review under these new guidelines (you might have to update your opening post a little.)

• kcaj said: i need to ask all my friends to join let so i got some people to post less provocative comments

Well i said this as no one seems to ever say anything nice whenever my name is mentioned.

• The France location previously was with serverloft and we had issues there down time etc. hosteasy shut us down for spam etc. Not much we can do about that we do not own the data centers.

• said: i only got a 50% refund (with the owner stating that he had been losing a lot of money so he can't refund my payments in full OR even Prorated)

You got a 100% refund i can provide paypal transaction if you wish, your czech vps is still online.

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited September 2014

@GoodHosting changed to Providers Category, as this is about a Provider and doesn't fall into offtopic due to it been about VPS' :)

@sz1hosting - you can't exactly ask your entire client base to provide positive reviews after it's been nothing but let downs on your services.

Also, as i used to have a Dedicated Server with HostEasy and my server was hacked and sent out mass email's i recieved two emails from HostEasy, told them to Format the drives (as there was no panel for users to do this and i was away at the time) and all was fixed within a matter of two hours.

All hosts have a protocol to follow when "Terminating" a Server, for i3d for example, if no payment for a server they must keep the server online for i think 7 days before turning it off... and they must keep it racked and ready just in case for another 7 days in case of payment.

Sven and the team from HostEasy is quite understanding of problems that can occur especially with VPS Server Providers.

-
    Also, i got a 50% Refund as i Asked for a Refund of the Total amount that i had Paid.. At the time of the Refund, you told me that CZ was going to be cancelled and in that case my Use for the server was Null and Void, and even asked for a Prorated Refund. and the fact that Moldova was terminated with 0 notice what so ever i didn't want to keep another service which could be turned off at any moment.
    You should think of me as Nice, for not been like 80% of others that would Charge Back for a service they have deemed null and void due to not been usable for their services

• AutoSnipe said: @sz1hosting - you can't exactly ask your entire client base to provide positive reviews after it's been nothing but let downs on your services.

The only let down was hosteasy. Yes thanks for not doing a fraudulent chargeback.

• sz1hosting said: The only let down was hosteasy. Yes thanks for not doing a fraudulent chargeback.

who collect your clients money !? you or hosteasy ? if it's you so stop blaming hosteasy

• And just for reference, I am not Hassling you for the other money for the Czech Server.
    you asked for a Positive Review, this means you must be open to nothing but the opposite of it.
    As a Technical Ex-Customer (i say technical because i have no need or want for a service which above i said could be offline at 0 notice) i have ALL Rights to inform people of my experience, and provide a Recommendation.
    Especially since your main problem in all of this is the Sudden fall of Moldova based server at HostEasy, and me been an Ex Dedicated user of theirs and now Current VPS user which has had just as much trouble there as you have know that the problem could have been completely avoidable with nothing but a few emails to Sven and the team, or on the case an amicable resolution couldn't be reached a Email to the Customers. As HostEasy would have easily left the server online for 24-48 hours if no Resolution could be made for users to make a backup if needed, as long as NO new orders were processed and ALL the "Spammer" accounts were removed ASAP.

So, to Conclude (and i will not be commenting on this anymore as i have not started this to start an argument between anyone, but more to Inform users.

• if you ASK for Positive Reviews, Be prepared for Negative
    • Inform users of what is happening, don't wait for Tickets to come flowing in
    • Try to reach an Amicable solution with the Provider, as they DO NOT go walkabout through the datacentre if they get a spam complaint to turn off the server as soon as they get a hit on their email, ESPECIALLY if you have ordered a larger subnet of IP's as they can safely assume More then one person is using the server in forms of Virtual Private Servers
    • Customers that have been there less then a 4 days before having one server down, and been told the other will be going down.. just give them a refund.. seriously.. i know it may be against your T's & C's but 4 days using a service is enough time for ANY sane person to Send a Chargeback of some sort.

Regards,
    Ryan

• We only had 5 customers on the moldova server to be honest so was not a big loss to the customers everyone is happy with there new france servers, i understand though you could of not posted this post it really is not helping the situation at all.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@sz1hosting you understand WHT will ban you for ever now yes?

It is 1 thing to ask for reviews, it is another to only ask for positive ones.

My 2c you are a menace to anyone's wallet that dares to touch you even with someone else's barge pole.

• AnthonySmith said: It is 1 thing to ask for reviews, it is another to only ask for positive ones.

Positive review with no incentives which i would presume would be a review that is honest due to no intensives.

We provide a good service stuff happens and we are always honest and straight forward.

• @sz1hosting said:
    Well i said this as no one seems to ever say anything nice whenever my name is mentioned.

I didn't read the entire thread before posting this but..

Why do you think it is that way? are you really surprised about this? just tell me man.

• Do you realize that asking for positive reviews on WHT is strictly against their rules?

• sz1hosting said: Positive review with no incentives which i would presume would be a review that is honest due to no intensives.

You just don't send emails to your clients asking them for positive reviews. It's not OK to do that. If you want reviews, create a survey and send it to clients.

sz1hosting said: We provide a good service

From what everyone said here, your attitude in the forum and on IRC, I highly doubt it.

• jnguyen said: Do you realize that asking for positive reviews on WHT is strictly against their rules?

Well, you do realize that sz1 has a history of not really following rules and guidelines, no?

• @dalekofskaro sometimes I have the feeling that you are @mpkossen

• Mark_R said: @dalekofskaro sometimes I have the feeling that you are @mpkossen

Hahaha! What makes you say that? I assure you that I'm not @mpkossen.

• I try my best and i work 24/7 with not much sleep for no profit for 6 months but i enjoy it so it is ok : )

• Seems like this host is indeed behind the DDoS attacks against some users and maybe some hosts here.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish namhuy
This discussion has been closed.