Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host Nun ✞ Fantasy Art Repression Sale ✞ 42% off recurring ✞ Free bandwidth upgrade! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host Nun ✞ Fantasy Art Repression Sale ✞ 42% off recurring ✞ Free bandwidth upgrade!

2»

Comments

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited May 2014

@vpnarea said:
    The church makes money out of "god" propaganda, why shouldn't other people too? I'm sure HostNun will spend the money for the poor, just like the church does :-)

Yeah, hopefully we aren't siphoning too much out of the Pastor's McMansion fund there. $2 VPS be damned. Wouldn't wanna get too exploitative.

• raindog308 said: I don't view your marketing as humorous - I view it as tastelessly irreverent and an attempt to get attention. By exploiting the terminology, traditions, and visual representations of one of the world's largest faiths (and it is only the Catholic faith - there are no Buddhist nuns on your site) purely for commercial gain, you are mocking. Respecting other people's cultures is a sign of maturity.

The irony is so dense....lol

Only The upper tiers of the Catholic church are allowed to exploit the faith for commercial gain, like Pope Leo X!

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited May 2014

I guess that's something you'd rather not talk about because you dodge the question.

We are happily banned, but yeah, was tryin' to have a sales thread here without the usual dull disruption attempts, so I'd prefer not to talk about it. If you're really that curious then I invite you (and anyone else) to PM me about it. Thank you for doing us the favour of steering the WHT faithful away from us, though.

I honestly can't think of any host who is banned at WHT who is good. Zero.

Agreed, we are terrible, the worst! WHT formalism is the singular rubric through which one may truly know a quality host. Once excommunicated from their racket, it's all over. The good judgement of some 50 year old white people and their occult knowledge of the internet is the only thing to be trusted. Therefore, as merely defenseless and pitiable persona non grata, we are nothing.

So when the attention comes, now it's "poor us, leave us alone, sniffles".

Stop Hurting My Feelings With Your Learned Aesthetic Critiques, Rain Dog

Yes, on some scale, Playboy is less offensive than Hustler, but..what is your point? "We're offensive but not as offensive as others"? "Others do it so we can too"?

EDIT: Oh, no, my point wasn't to suggest that because our site is relatively innocuous that it's beyond criticism. I was mostly trying to get you to look at it in terms of scale. We are a blip on the screen with almost no audience, making almost no money. The movie Sister Act is literally more offensive than anything on our site, so it's a bit surprising to see all of the misguided rage it attracts sometimes, that's all.

BTW, it has nothing to do with "good taste". It has to do with respecting other cultures and traditions.

Okay, I see what you're saying. Your family is religious so it's insulting. A lot of people in my family are deeply religious too, Christians. They are not as fanatical as the Dawkins set, but are religious in their own quiet ways. I was not raised that way, but I'm capable of respecting their views without collapsing into an angsty teen reading Nietzsche for the first time whilst dreaming of Piss Christ and worshiping the Lettrist Notre-Dame Affair. I also feel able to make a few unfunny jokes at their expense without anyone having a heart attack over it. I wouldn't start something like 'Host Rabbi' either, I'd leave that to a Jewish person if they wanted to, it's not for me to appropriate. No nuns were harmed in the making of Host Nun. Digitalnun didn't seem too upset about it. I accept all of your criticisms and am eyeing the cat o' nine tails rn.

Thank you for disrupting our sales thread and God Bless! :)

• RalliasRallias Member

HostNun said: We are happily banned,

I thought nuns couldn't get married?

/archaic word reference.

• nice nice nice I love your prices but when are you going to add some non-us locations?

Thanked by 1Mahfuz_SS_EHL
  • HostNunHostNun Member

I wanted to fill out this Vegas node before considering other locations. If people like Rain Dog would stop trolling us in every sales thread, maybe it would happen sooner, lol.

• HostNunHostNun Member

Sorry, I think I did that wrong. I was supposed to channel the spirits of 500 dead SEO gurus and start screaming in tongues and brightly coloured fonts in all caps about an overstock sale, right?

• InglarInglar Member
    edited May 2014

wtf are you talking about? The most stupid advertising that I just saw here, sorry.

• HostNunHostNun Member

Alright y'all, we're gone for the summer. Thanks for your interest and have a good one.

• vpnareavpnarea Member
    edited May 2014

I've have nothing but good experience since I've signed up with @HostNun. Instant deployment and ticket request to (generously) upgrade bandwidth to 8888GB was answered within minutes

edit: even 'nano/pico' was installed on Debian so that saved me few more seconds of my lifetime :)