Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host Nun ✞ Fantasy Art Repression Sale ✞ 42% off recurring ✞ Free bandwidth upgrade!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host Nun ✞ Fantasy Art Repression Sale ✞ 42% off recurring ✞ Free bandwidth upgrade!

HostNunHostNun Member
edited May 2014 in Offers

Hi all,

Same offer as last time, 42% off any of our VPS plans, but without the degenerate fantasy art nudes this time 'round. The Three Graces may be gone, but their memory lives on in a secret deleted threads archive, and our sins forgiven. LET regulars need be in no degree jealous of the censors. The moderation science, with buried threads for its domains, and half an eternity charged with its annals, possesses its archives of dim and shadowy databases, in which sexy steampunk fantasy art babes walk like disembodied ghosts throughout the datascapes of Elysium, and which bid fair to be quite dark and uncertain enough for all the purposes of steampunk censorship for centuries to come.

Please use the coupon "STEAMPUNKREPRESSION" to receive a 42% discount on any of our VPS plans! We have lots of bandwidth to spare, so I'll throw in a free upgrade to 8888 GB bandwidth on all of these offers as well. Supplies are limited.

Isorassa

✞ 128 MB RAM

✞ 256 MB Vswap

✞ 4 Cores

✞ 12 GB RAID 10 HDD

888 GB 8888 GB Bandwidth

$3 $1.74 / month

Exorassa

✞ 256 MB RAM

✞ 512 MB Vswap

✞ 4 Cores

✞ 24 GB RAID 10 HDD

888 GB 8888 GB Bandwidth

$4 $2.32 / month

Epanokamelavkion

✞ 512 MB RAM

✞ 1024 MB Vswap

✞ 6 Cores

✞ 48 GB RAID 10 HDD

1888 GB 8888 GB Bandwidth

$6 $3.48 / month

Rassophore

✞ 768 MB RAM

✞ 1536 MB Vswap

✞ 6 Cores

✞ 72 GB RAID 10 HDD

2888 GB 8888 GB Bandwidth

$8 $4.64 / month

Stavrophore

✞ 1024 MB RAM

✞ 2048 MB Vswap

✞ 6 Cores

✞ 96 GB RAID 10 HDD

3888 GB 8888 GB Bandwidth

$10 $5.80 / month

Hegumenia

✞ 2048 MB RAM

✞ 4096 MB Vswap

✞ 12 Cores

✞ 144 GB RAID 10 HDD

4888 GB 8888 GB Bandwidth

$12 $6.96 / month

All orders are automatically provisioned and come with a 40 day money back guarantee.

Available OS

✞ Arch Linux

✞ CentOS

✞ Debian

✞ Gentoo

✞ Scientific

✞ Slackware

✞ Ubuntu

Addons & Upgrades

✞ +1 IPv4 - $1.49

✞ +2 IPv4 - $2.49

✞ +3 IPv4 - $3.49

✞ Remote Backups - $1.49

✞ 8888 GB Bandwidth - $1.49 FREE!

✞ Double RAM & Vswap - $1.49

✞ SolusVM Reseller Panel - $1.49

✞ cPanel/WHM VPS Optimized License - $16.99

Please note that addons and upgrades are not automated and will be applied to your account by our staff.

Speed test & stats

Our Orthodox (OpenVZ / SolusVM) VPS are hosted via Fiberhub in Las Vegas on Dual Intel Xeon L5639 nodes w/ a minimum of 48 GB RAM.

http://priory.hostnun.net/speedtest.tar.gz

Thank you for reading and God Bless!

Thanked by 1darkshire

Comments

• All goofiness aside, very solid network there at Fiberhub. Our Host Nun box uptime for last 30 days: 99.998%

Recommended

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • RalliasRallias Member

said: Our Orthodox (OpenVZ / SolusVM) VPS are hosted via Fiberhub in Las Vegas on Dual Intel Xeon L5639 nodes w/ a minimum of 48 GB RAM.

said: image

Someone forgot to account for NUMA.

• iSkyiSky Member

is the BW upgraded manually ?
    i try to order but the BW is still 888GB

• iSky said: is the BW upgraded manually ? i try to order but the BW is still 888GB

Probably if you are willing to pay for the indulgence

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Removed - clarified.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2014

How do you safeguard your servers from hackers and viruses? Exorcism? :D

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited May 2014

@raindog308 said:
    LOL.

No. Just no.

Strike one: They're just a GVH reseller. Talk about building your house on a shaky foundation.

Strike two: this which they can't answer because they're banned at WHT.

Strike three...well, actually one is enough for me.

Hey mate. After I joined HostNun we made many changes to how we operate. We moved completely away from GVH due to huge issues with their quality of service and support.

We have our own dedicated server at FibreHub LV and no longer associate with GVH due to the aforementioned issues.

I cannot comment on the banning on HostNun from WHT, but I can assure you that we're not going anywhere.

If you would like to try our services feel free to contact me at 0xdragon (at) hostnun.net (for free).

You are right to question our services and I welcome the opportunity to clear the air.

Bless you!

• RalliasRallias Member

0xdragon said: Hey mate. After I joined HostNun we made many changes to how we operate. We moved completely away from GVH due to huge issues with their quality of life and support.

We have our own dedicated server at FibreHub LV and no longer associate with GVH due to the aforementioned issues.

I cannot comment on the banning on HostNun from WHT, but I can assure you that we're not going anywhere.

If you would like to try our services feel free to contact me at 0xdragon (at) hostnun.net

Bless you!

You game for taking on a contractor to make your infrastructure work smoother?

• HostNunHostNun Member

@NodePing said:
    All goofiness aside,

Alas, mere Hugh Miller plagiarists. You can add it to the list of sins @raindog308 has been meticulously compiling about us. :)

very solid network there at Fiberhub. Our Host Nun box uptime for last 30 days: 99.998%

Recommended

Thanks! Glad it's been working out for you.

@iSky I'll apply the bandwidth upgrade if/when you order. It isn't applied automatically.

• @Rallias said:
    You game for taking on a contractor to make your infrastructure work smoother?

PM me if you want to chat :)

• iSkyiSky Member

beware chat with @0xdragon :P i got scold last time i chat with him
    @hostnun here my ticket number Ticket Created #2450960

• @iSky said:
    beware chat with 0xdragon :P i got scold last time i chat with him
    hostnun here my ticket number Ticket Created #2450960

Aside from the fact I have no idea what you're talking about, if you have an issue feel free to submit a ticket or email me personally.

• HostNunHostNun Member

@0xdragon said:
    We moved completely away from GVH due to huge issues with their quality of service and support.

>

Uhh, yeah, no hard feelings towards them, but we used to be GVH resellers, and never in the context of VPS hosting either, only shared hosting, so it's kind of irrelevant to bring that up here. Pretty sure it's been made clear at this point, in multiple venues, that we have no association with GVH whatsoever. I took a risk with them last year. I bought a shared hosting reseller account and paid for it with a bad review on WHT (although that 'review' is also very problematic and misleading to say the least). We vamoosed a long time ago...

@raindog308 why go out of your way to post outdated, misleading information about us that isn't relevant to the particular interests (VPS & dedicated servers) of this forum? Why the disingenuous attempt to smear us with a 'guilt by association thing' when you were already aware that we are no longer associated with GVH in any context whatsoever? Plus, what's with this 'three strikes' nonsense when you've never tried our service and have no firsthand experience with us?

As @0xdragon suggests, why not give us a shot before you criticize?

• iSkyiSky Member

@0xdragon nothing just kiddin around :P already submit my ticket

edited May 2014

HostNun said: why not give us a shot before you criticize?

Well, thanks for clarifying about GVH and shared hosting. I removed my post. You're partially absolved by repenting your GVH ways :-)

However, even if there were glowing reviews, I wouldn't touch you. The whole mocking religion thing seems like a misguided attempt to get attention. I personally find your marketing offensive...and there are jillions of other hosts whose marketing doesn't offend...

HostNun said: why go out of your way to post

You didn't answer last time I asked.

In all honesty, I can't think of a single good host who's banned at WHT...whereas there are several who are terrible who are banned, so I don't think that's disingenuous at all.

Thanked by 1Inglar
  • HostNunHostNun Member

@raindog308 said:
    You're partially absolved by repenting your GVH ways :-)

thank u

The whole mocking religion thing seems like a misguided attempt to get attention. I personally find your marketing offensive...and there are jillions of other hosts whose marketing doesn't offend...

I've also made it clear in the past, both here and elsewhere, that we are not 'mocking' religion. If you do a 'Rorschach' test and conclude that the inkblot is mocking you, okay, great, you're welcome to that interpretation. But it would be wrong to imagine that I don't have respect for nuns, to say the least. Do you think that maybe, just maybe, nuns have a sense of humour too? Maybe they can even handle a few jokes without becoming offended? Whoa and what if, like, defamiliarization was not even necessarily mockery? #mindblown

In all honesty, I can't think of a single good host who's banned at WHT...whereas there are several who are terrible who are banned,

Ahh, makes sense.

HostNun said: But it would be wrong to imagine that I don't have respect for nuns, to say the least. Do you think that maybe, just maybe, nuns have a sense of humour too?

I know they do - I've had two close relatives (aunts) who are nuns in my family. Both are Dominicans (one is passed away).

I don't view your marketing as humorous - I view it as tastelessly irreverent and an attempt to get attention. By exploiting the terminology, traditions, and visual representations of one of the world's largest faiths (and it is only the Catholic faith - there are no Buddhist nuns on your site) purely for commercial gain, you are mocking. Respecting other people's cultures is a sign of maturity.

I would never use, for example, the cultural representation of an Imam as a mascot or logo. I'm not a Muslim but I respect their tradition and am sure they would find that offensive. You won't see me starting HostRabbi any time soon.

HostNun is the Washington Redskins of hosting.

HostNun said: Ahh, makes sense.

So...why are you banned on WHT?

• FaiziFaizi Member

Mockery/jokes aside, next month will be my third invoices with them. So far satisfied, service and support wise.

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • i miss the nudes in this post :(

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited May 2014

raindog308 said: it is only the Catholic faith - there are no Buddhist nuns on your site

We shall, quite possibly, add some soon ^.^ Thanks for pointing this out.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

The last plan "Hegumenia" has access to 12 Cores. How much server load would be acceptable?? How much I/O Speed can I expect?? Any Benchmark? Network 1 Gbit/s? @0xdragon

• @ehostlab said:
    The last plan "Hegumenia" has access to 12 Cores. How much server load would be acceptable?? How much I/O Speed can I expect?? Any Benchmark? Network 1 Gbit/s? 0xdragon

No Bitcoin mining or other *coin mining is accepted (please read the TOS located here and we do not allow high server loads for prolonged periods of time as it will effect other clients.

We have 100+mb IO (RAID10) and there are plenty of benchmarks around (perhaps PetaByet will have some). Network is 200mbps for clients (fair share).

• vpnareavpnarea Member
    edited May 2014

@raindog308 Relax! @HostNun are not sheltering pedophile priests, they are also not killing millions of people in the name of god and neither do they provide the Nazis war criminals with Vatican credentials, Red Cross passports, monasteries and churches to sleep in while fleeing via the "monastery route" to south america. They also don't stone people to death neither do they forbid women to listen to music or play sports and drive. All they are doing is earning some money.

The church makes money out of "god" propaganda, why shouldn't other people too? I'm sure HostNun will spend the money for the poor, just like the church does :-)

I think they are simply innovative in marketing and it works on me, I always read their posts and I find them entertaining. Keep it up HostNun, I'm gonna give you guys a try

Thanked by 1HostNun

@0xdragon said:
    We have 100+mb IO (RAID10) and there are plenty of benchmarks around (perhaps PetaByet will have som?? . Network is 200mbps for clients (fair share).

I haven't mentioned anything about mining. I'll run cPanel, host websites. 200mbps for each vps or connected to the Node ?

• arestarest Member
    edited May 2014

Be careful, this provider just deleted my vps without confirmation, [Ticket ID: 7493884]

Edited: great support via ticket, thx hostnun :D

@arest said:
    Be careful, this provider just deleted my vps without confirmation, [Ticket ID: 7493884]

Edited: great support via ticket, thx hostnun :D

What's ultimate result?

• arestarest Member

@ehostlab said:
    What's ultimate result?

They created a new vps for me, because hostnun misunderstanded that i want to cancel all of vpses via ticket before

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited May 2014

@raindog308 said:
    I don't view your marketing as humorous - I view it as tastelessly irreverent and an attempt to get attention. By exploiting the terminology, traditions, and visual representations of one of the world's largest faiths (and it is only the Catholic faith - there are no Buddhist nuns on your site) purely for commercial gain, you are mocking.

Oh dear. All humourlessness aside, at the very least you realize that our site is extremely inoffensive, completely innocuous, really, compared to what else is out there... no? I mean, good luck sifting through the art world if you can't handle the lighthearted and frivolous content on our site. If we are nevertheless that bad, one hopes you'll never have to encounter the 'nunsploitation' genre.

an attempt to get attention

Yeah, we're only marketing a hosting service in the attention economy, wouldn't want to 'get attention' or anything. How silly of us. I dare say, I'm embarrassed.

As for 'exploiting' the terminology, traditions, and visual representations for commercial gain... yeah, wow, I really hope Whoopi Goldberg didn't make too much money from her exploitative movie series on the same subject. Oh me, oh my. By the way, have you noticed how much we're selling these for? As if we're making anything more than absurdly negligible amounts of money. "Pope Struck by a Meteorite" Sells for $3 Million, our VPS sell for $2. Better do everything in your power to smear us, though. The more obsessively, the better, and especially in the sense of having never tried our services, since everyone knows that reactionary aesthetic complaints with no perspective are the best stand-ins when you're incapable of an actual review.

@0xdragon offered you a free VPS in this thread and you declined. Okay, we get it, you're close-minded and incapable of a genuine appraisal because the site offends your good taste. Great, we're awful, so0o0o0 blasphemous, etc etc etc, but can you kindly stop posting now? If your Host Nun obsession needs an outlet, you're more than welcome to PM or email me. Maybe you can send me your critical dissertation on the exploitative usage of iconography or whatever.

HostNun said: Oh dear. All humourlessness aside, at the very least you realize that our site is extremely inoffensive, completely innocuous, really, compared to what else is out there... no? I mean, good luck sifting through the art world if you can't handle the lighthearted and frivolous content on our site. If we are nevertheless that bad, one hopes you'll never have to encounter the 'nunsploitation' genre.

Yes, on some scale, Playboy is less offensive than Hustler, but..what is your point? "We're offensive but not as offensive as others"? "Others do it so we can too"?

BTW, it has nothing to do with "good taste". It has to do with respecting other cultures and traditions.

HostNun said: reactionary aesthetic complaints

Give me a break. You knew that your site would arouse controversy and offend people and that's why you market the way you do. So when the attention comes, now it's "poor us, leave us alone, sniffles".

HostNun said: So...why are you banned on WHT?

I guess that's something you'd rather not talk about because you dodge the question.

I honestly can't think of any host who is banned at WHT who is good. Zero. And there are several who advertise here that I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole.

HostNun said: > HostNun said: can you kindly stop posting now

Yes.