Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unbeatable prices - $5/Atom - $20/4Core X5150- $39/8Core (L5420) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unbeatable prices - $5/Atom - $20/4Core X5150- $39/8Core (L5420)

2»

Comments

• elixirelixir Member

I've had an Atom server with them for a couple of weeks now, other than some intermittent network issues connecting from Asia all seemed to be ok. However, yesterday I logged in and realized the entire file system (hosted on iSCSI / NAS) was READ-ONLY

If you have a static/read only site, the web pages will be served, however logs/stats will not be saved. If you have a dynamic site with a database a situation such as this will definitely result in data loss.

Contacted support and was told to power-cycle the server via Control Panel, which solved the issue; this apparently happened due to a high-traffic condition on their network.

On the examining the 'syslog' it turns out this was going on for almost 12hrs and would possibly have continued had I not logged-in.

In short, the NAS-only disk setup is not quite as reliable as we are made to believe. At this point I am regretting having signed up, particularly as the whole year payment was the only option.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited May 2014

@Elixir - so file a cancellation and ask for a refund

At this point I am regretting having signed up, particularly as the whole year payment was the only option.

• elixirelixir Member

Will do, just waiting for DNS to propagate. Overall, I am satisfied with your support level and hope to get a server with HDD next time around.

• Just grabbed one, quite the deal - still in as pending, but hoping it'll be done in a day or so, thanks for the great deal!

• @MarkTurner what's the average deployment time in LA these days? I realize I'm under the 1-3 days it said still, just excited to do some deployments!

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Same thing happened to me :( Reboot solved the issue but it's not promising at all...

@elixir said:
    I've had an Atom server with them for a couple of weeks now, other than some intermittent network issues connecting from Asia all seemed to be ok. However, yesterday I logged in and realized the entire file system (hosted on iSCSI / NAS) was READ-ONLY

If you have a static/read only site, the web pages will be served, however logs/stats will not be saved. If you have a dynamic site with a database a situation such as this will definitely result in data loss.

Contacted support and was told to power-cycle the server via Control Panel, which solved the issue; this apparently happened due to a high-traffic condition on their network.

On the examining the 'syslog' it turns out this was going on for almost 12hrs and would possibly have continued had I not logged-in.

In short, the NAS-only disk setup is not quite as reliable as we are made to believe. At this point I am regretting having signed up, particularly as the whole year payment was the only option.

• blackeyeblackeye Veteran

do i need verification if order here ? ( national id/driver license )

• @MarkTurner you mention that there are backorders ongoing in servers, is there someplace with the current status of things? I opened a ticket (not at the level of complaining yet) but haven't heard a peep and over the 1-3 day deployment time, just curious as what's going on and if you have any info it'd be greatly appreciated!

• elixirelixir Member

@MarkTurner said:
    Elixir - so file a cancellation and ask for a refund

At this point I am regretting having signed up, particularly as the whole year payment was the only option.

I've put in a cancellation & refund request on the 10th and it's still pending!

• elixirelixir Member

@MarkTurner

Over 11 days now and still waiting for cancellation!

• @MarkTurner can we turn those 5150s into 2 X 1TB on a Raid 1? How much would the additional charges be?

• @anton000 - yes, it will cost you $40/month (when paid quarterly)

• ReeRee Member

Should be $30/mo extra shouldn't it? $20/mo to upgrade the first, $40/mo to add the second, then 50% off.

(Don't really have a need for a dedi, but for $20/mo I grabbed one anyway, now just have to wait for it to be setup!)

• nerouxneroux Member

@MarkTurner said: so file a cancellation and ask for a refund

Mark, based on what can someone ask for a refund? The terms state

In addition, we do not give pro-rated refunds for unused time if cancellation is initiated during the middle of a billing cycle.

Thanks

• @neroux - depending on your billing cycle, you can convert your service to a monthly account, obviously you'll lose the applicable discount but then request termination at the end of the month and the balance can be refunded.

• nerouxneroux Member

MarkTurner said: depending on your billing cycle, you can convert your service to a monthly account, obviously you'll lose the applicable discount but then request termination at the end of the month and the balance can be refunded.

Thanks.