Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest Wildcard SSL?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest Wildcard SSL?

ElliotJElliotJ Member
edited April 2012 in General

Hey guys,

I'm looking for the absolute cheapest wildcard SSL certificate available; I'm not fussed with the CA, as long as it's accepted by browsers.

Any ideas? The lowest I've found is $79 :(

Comments

• startssl.com was pretty cheap if i recall correct

• $80 wildcard SSL? Link me to that one. That is cheap

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2012

You might want to look for a GlobalSign reseller.

We're switching from reselling Comodo to GlobalSign soon; we'll be offering their AlphaSSL Wildcard product for $45 per year. We'll be offering their regular AlphaSSL product for $15 per year. I'm sure other GlobalSign resellers would have similar rates (unless they're greedy)

Thanked by 1ElliotJ
  • @Damian Cheers! I literally searched 'AlphaSSL Wildcard $45' and found a dirt cheap AlphaSSL cert :)

• RaymiiRaymii Member
    edited April 2012

@ElliotJ did you buy *.com? :P

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • tommytommy Member

startssl $59 for 2 years, and multiple domain :)

• gianggiang Veteran

@tommy said: startssl $59 for 2 years, and multiple domain :)

It seems the fee is for ID verification and you could get unlimited wildcard SSL?

• klikliklikli Member
    edited April 2012

@giang said: It seems the fee is for ID verification and you could get unlimited wildcard SSL?

Yes and you get features like UCC/SAN too. Within the two year verification period, you can issue as many certificate as you could.

PS: However StartSSL may not be trusted in older PC's, like Windows XP.

• @klikli said: PS: However StartSSL may not be trusted in older PC's, like Windows XP.

No issues here with XP

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • gianggiang Veteran

@yomero said: No issues here with XP

Thank you for this information. I was going to install Windows XP on VirtualBox =D You have saved me this time :D

• @giang said: Thank you for this information. I was going to install Windows XP on VirtualBox =D You have saved me this time :D

Probably old versions of WinXP have issues. I didn't with a SP3 install. Try and tell us n_n

• klikliklikli Member
    edited April 2012

@giang said: Thank you for this information. I was going to install Windows XP on VirtualBox =D You have saved me this time :D

Please understand that the CA update is published under the 'optional' category which the some end-users will not, or do not have the knowledge to, manually update.

• tommytommy Member

<3 startcom ssl, yesterday their SSL untrusted in Firefox, but they fixed it asap.

• gsxgsx Member

@ElliotJ I have a AlphaSSL $45 cert...not a bad deal.

• what about this one?

Thanked by 2rds100 yomero
  • gianggiang Veteran

@klikli said: Please understand that the CA update is published under the 'optional' category which the some end-users will not, or do not have the knowledge to, manually update.

My Windows XP SP3 in VirtualBox was working fine with StartSSL on IE 8, I don't have any others IE version to test :(

• Dumb question.
    When a provider reselling domains dies, is complicated to get it transferred to another company and so because you didn't had the code and your domain was locked, etc etc.
    With SSL doesn't happen the same right? So if I have a 5 years cert, if the reseller dies, something bad can happen???

Anyway, probably I can trust more in @Damian if he will sell these $45 ones :D

• With our reseller program, if we ever die, it doesn't matter because the SSL certs are still administered by GlobalSign. You'll still be able to maintain them.

Now if GlobalSign dies, then that's where you'll have to look for a new SSL provider.

• DavisJosephDavisJoseph Member
    edited August 2012

SSLMatrix deals with multipurpose SSL certificates vary from domain certificate, EV certificate, wildcard certificate, Code signing certificate, etc.

buy Wildcard SSL at just $79 at sslmatrix without any coupon code. SSLMatrix offer never bitten on price guarantee too.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@DavisJoseph said: SSLMatrix deals with multipurpose SSL certificates vary from domain certificate, EV certificate, wildcard certificate, Code signing certificate, etc.

buy Wildcard SSL at just $79 at sslmatrix without any coupon code. SSLMatrix offer never bitten on price guarantee too.

Nice bumping there.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited August 2012

Fuck off @DavisJoseph.

That's what I was trying to say, in a more polite manner :P

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @dominicl said: That's what I was trying to say, in a more polite manner :P

I just rephrased it to make sure he gets the message :)

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r

fair enough haha

• wooooowwwww

what's wrong with josep?

if you want this topic closed asking moderator/admin to close this thread.

wtf everyone act as admin/moderator/refree etc.

why we need to open multiple post with silimiar title/problem?

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@tommy said: why we need to open multiple post with silimiar title/problem?

I don't think you can read.. That's clearly an advertisement that the Joesph guy bumped the already old thread for, this is a thread which is already "solved".. Just my 2c.

Thanked by 1tommy
  • look at his signature tommy :)

Thanked by 1tommy
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited August 2012

@tommy said: what's wrong with josep?

He signs up here for the sole purpose of advertising his shitty "security company" using whois protection (!!!) and bumps old threads just to spam/advertise in them. This also wasn't his first spam posts, the other one(s) already got deleted.

Thanked by 2Infinity tommy
  • oh sorry, I'm using mobile when posting that, in mobile mode I don't saw any signature :)

sorry, next time must using full site than mobile view.

• Does wildcard SSL work with the root/apex/naked domain name? *.lowendtalk.com and lowendtalk.com?