Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest Wildcard SSL? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest Wildcard SSL?

13»

Comments

• @cosmicgate said:
    I smell bullshit here, $40 with bitcoins but $60 with alipay?

So who already bought from that chinese website please chime in.

Also can confirm that it isn't bullshit. Payment worked fine with BTC and to everyone who's interested in buying a cert, just get some bitcoins. Not that hard, there are a lot of sites where you can get them by bank transfer or similar payment methods.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Well if you REALLY want cheap, then use CloudFlare and they provide a free wildcard SSL.. But it won't be registered to you.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Looks interesting. I also found their taobao shop but since its virtual item, not sure if my oversea card will work on it.

• cosmicgate said: Looks interesting. I also found their taobao shop but since its virtual item, not sure if my oversea card will work on it.

Should be no problem if you added the card to alipay.

• @cosmicgate said:
    Looks interesting. I also found their taobao shop but since its virtual item, not sure if my oversea card will work on it.

Should be fine if you have alipay account.

• I do have alipay account but it's tied to my international credit card. You can't load money into alipay without a local bank account. While mine works with physical item but the last time i tried to buy Q points (virtual) item alipay automatically closes the transaction.

• Well as many said already startssl from the startcom company would be the cheapest, although I would go with digicert if you do not like startssl certificates.

• It's already been said. The wake up call comes when you need to reissue one of those 5-yr certificates. It just happened to me recently when my 1-yr old 5-yr certificate was getting low scores in SSL tests because it was using a crypto hash method deemed insecure. Even worse, Google announced to SERP-penalise sites which are still using SHA-1.

Fortunately, the issuer was still around (gratisdns.dk) and nice enough to reissue the certificate for free.

• @pechspilzpechspilz yeah you've got a valid point, that's the main concern I found with those cheap 5yr ssl certs.

@issl : do you know if it would be possible to reissue the certs in the 5 years period?

:)