Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How often would you expect new posts on LEB?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How often would you expect new posts on LEB?

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
edited April 2012 in General

Just out of curiosity... how often do you expect updates on LEB?
what would be a good number of posts per day or week?

speaking for myself; I wouldn't want to many, to often.. perhaps 2-4 per week? or is that to many or to few for the general public?

Comments

• JacobJacob Member

I would like offers to be at the top atleast 2 days.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

3 per week would suit me :)

Thanked by 1seraphkz
  • One day is what I would like to see :P

• I would like to see once every 3 or 4 days also. Any more frequent and hosts get bumped off the front page. Any less frequent and... well, why bother then?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Every page reload.

Thanked by 4VPNsh Taylor Mon5t3r xenu
  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 Lmao, well done kind Sir, just made me laugh out loud :D

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@raindog308 said: Every page reload.

$post = rand($firstpost, $numberoftotalposts);

$result = mysql("select * from posts where id=".$post);

There you go

• I'm sure many readers (like myself) check the site daily, so seeing something new every day would be good.

Thanked by 2netomx Amfy
  • RophRoph Member

I'm not sure exactly, but definitely more than there are right now. :(

• Three times a week would be lovely, but to be honest even once a week would be good, as long as quality stays the same and fact/background-checking don't go to crap.

• gsxgsx Member

Well...if one guy could post daily, I would hope a team of people could post at least that.

• Post'em if you got'em is what I say.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • flyfly Member
    edited April 2012

here's the thing:
    if you want daily posts, i would suggest having providers post in the offers section

if you want quality posts, you're gonna have to wait for the writers to research and read reviews for posts on the main leb site.

That being said, I'm gonna have to disagree with how the new writers are handling things at the moment. your posts are shit. do some research please, don't just copy paste from the provider email. thanks.

• 2 or 3 a week is fine. Posts should be researched a bit like @kbar said. I'm happy to see just 2 posts a week if they are good.If I want offers I go to WHT or the offers section here.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Kbar
    anything specific that you had in mind?
    if you feel the posts are shit, give some examples for improvment.

• flyfly Member

@mikho
    alienvps? LOL.
    123com missing ip + testfiles, etc.

• Every 2 or 3 days, but don't just from email, do some vps hunting and little bit of research (like the old LEA) :P

• Every other day would be nice.

• JacobJacob Member

I sent LEB my offer, A entirely different offer was posted. I am not complaining just sharing.

• Atleast 2 per week would be good.

• Around 5-6 per week.

Although right now its about 1 per month.

We have been "on the job" for only a week, some mistakes are bound to happen. if they are small I'm sure the community will be forgiving in the beginning.

@kbar : I'm not going to debate with you regarding from which provider offers are posted or the posted offers content, I leave that to another thread. But I am writing down everyones input here and hopefully everyone (or as many as possible :) ) will feel that they get something positive from LEB.

@Jacob : I'm sorry for that, I hope you have discussed this with the writer and that you and him have cleared the issue? If you want that post removed and the correct offer to be posted, flag @Chief and I'm sure it will be handled.

• AsimAsim Member

@Jacob that would be me. I was not forwarded the offer since @Chief 's busy so I came to LET/WHT to find some offers and posted that instead.

You can still post your LEB-offer as comments in the same thread, many providers do that and its totally fine.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • I guess you should post 2 or 3 hosts a week.
    Also it would be good if providers would be able to post on the site and their posts would sit in a "waiting approval" queue/category, which would not appear on the front page and wont appear in searches, but visitors would be able to visit them and comment on them. This way on the front page and in the searches only trusted/approved hosts would appear, but those who are confident in themselves and can check the background of hosts would be able to "risk" and try out offers that hasn't been approved yet. So everyone gets what they want: trusted hosts for those who prefer quality, and risky / new hosts for those who dare to jump on daily offers.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

I would like to see offers posted on regular basis not like now when day after day I open LEB to see exactly same offer I saw days ago. LEB is boring. Really boring and half-abandoned. As example few days ago Edis guy said that he sent special deal to LEB and people are waiting and waiting...
    How hard is to post decent offer at all once you get it? Recently few of us, from #lowendbox IRC channel got decent 12e/y VPS from torqhost, BUT NOT THANKS TO LOWENDBOX blog. So many good low end vps offers missed by LEB... This half abandoned blog become completely unreliable and unregular source of offers info. It's barely worth to open it ONCE IN A WEEK. And we used to open it on daily basis...

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • AmfyAmfy Member

Two posts at every day would be very nice!

@Spirit

I'm sad that you feel that way and all I can ask of you right now is to have a little patience.
    The LEB Staff appointed new writers as "trial-users" or what you would call it.
    We can not as of now post what we have written, all posts have to be reviewed and approved by one from the staff until "trial-mode" has been lifted.

Theres also some work needed to be done with almost every offer recieved. Users here have critized posts because they weren't investigated enough. test ip/file is missing, not writing enough about provider history etc ...

If offers should be posted once they are recieved, voices will be raised about posting offers without being investigated.
    Its a fine line between overdoing the work behind the scene of posting offers and not caring about the quality of the post.

I one more time ask you for a little more patience, work are being done... it has unfortunatly taken a little longer because of other things that have happened recently.

• I have edis listed at http://cheapvpsdeals.info/edis-28-66year-kvm-vps-128mb-in-chicagous-austria-switzerland-sweden-united-kingdom/ and I hope they do list a special on LEB that they wouldn't give me, as i'm going to remove them from my site right after. I'm tired of providers undermining my time and effort for what another user described as a "half abandoned blog". You guys have complained awhile about wanting a better site, I made that for you, 4 months ago... I ignore monetary offers, ignore free VPS's and similar, as the only purpose for my site is to provide quality to the community and maybe make a little off adsense to pay for its hosting, that's it. Unlike LEB I don't just sit around and "check my email" for either offers sent to me, then go write a half baked post about it with barely any information. No, I actually go out look for and contact providers and try my best to the get details and the very best deals for all of you. If you guys don't want the quality, and just want what LEB offers, that's fine, i'll shut down my site and you can have your LEB.

• flyfly Member

heh i just took a look at your site... looks legit. at least theres a handy standard list of features on each post.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Travelgirls? Nice ad! That's a very good business oportunity! I will think of start something like that here in my country :D