Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How often would you expect new posts on LEB? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How often would you expect new posts on LEB?

2»

Comments

• Guess he was trying to drive up his ad revenue for the month :P

Semi-related: it would be rather nifty for users to submit deals and companies they find under Offers. Perhaps they could flag their own post for 'review' after submission so a moderator could look it over and ensure it falls within the LE* guidelines? (price point, 14 days per post per company, etc)

• I could careless about ad revenue, in fact I just removed them, if you actual read my post you'd see it's not about that at all. It's about unbiased quality listings, unlike LEB that lists companies like yours Aldryic, BuyVM for a week because you essentially run this forum. I find that sad and unfair to other providers who have quality offers and who are trying to grow their business.

• @taipres said: I find that sad and unfair to other providers who have quality offers and who are trying to grow their business.

How exactly are we hindering them? We remain sold out for months at a time.. it's fairly difficult to steal someone's business when you don't have something to sell to their prospective clients to begin with. Not to mention that when we are sold out, I often point people in need of a VM to another provider that fits their criteria (based on my own experiences of having service with them) if they're unable/unwilling to wait on us to restock :P

@taipres said: It's about unbiased quality listings

For being unbiased, I do notice that you don't seem to list certain providers :P Not that we really mind you not listing us (to be fair, I was unaware of your site until this thread).

@taipres said: you essentially run this forum

I've seen this claim several times... not once have I seen any compelling evidence to back it, though. Care to elaborate? :3

• ztecztec Member

I don't care how much, but quality > quanitity. I'd like to see only the very best offers.

• JacobJacob Member

@Aldryic has successfully derailed this thread. <3 :-)

BuyVM have a wide client base, Them being the spotlight in the forum is expected, Same goes with SecureDragon, Hostigation. They also have proberly the most knowledge and experience of all providers here.

What's actually happening to Joel, I know a while back he mentioned to me he had some health issues, Not disclosing it exactly but is it related to that or just generally busy with his weather company?

• vedranvedran Veteran

@taipres said: unlike LEB that lists companies like yours Aldryic, BuyVM for a week because you essentially run this forum

LEB != this forum. Also, if you're going to start this accusations either back them up with some evidence or I'll consider your posts as trolling and remove them.

• ztecztec Member

@vedran said: I'll consider your posts as trolling and remove them.

What's wrong with a little trolling? :)
    Don't be an hardass plz ;)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Aldryic said: I've seen this claim several times... not once have I seen any compelling evidence to back it, though. Care to elaborate? :3

This conspiracy theory that buyvm owns some secret cabal that runs and manages LET and censors criticism and enforces site-wide dominance has really got to stop and...

Hold on, brb, there's someone at my door.

• This is entertaining. Ah well.

@taipres Good on you for creating a similar-to-LEB site. I do visit it a couple times a week, and have found it useful on a couple of occasions.
    Attempting to shift an existing community onto a relatively new blog isn't going to happen any time soon though, and you shouldn't be too pissed off about it.
    Not only that, but you 'expect' people to flock to your site and desert a perfectly good community forum. Arrogance is a terrible trait.

LET/LEB is active and thriving, not because of the frequency and quality of the posts, but the community that has formed within it. Without it, LEB would probably be dead by now.
    Maybe I need to repeat that; not everyone is going to come to a website several times daily, purely to find VPS deals. There's a knowledgeable bunch here with similar interests, making for some good discussions and a friendly atmosphere.

Sure, LEB/LET has a monopoly on low-end VPSs, mainly because it was the first website of it's kind. Don't something 'better' doesn't alter a monopoly, doing something 'different' does.
    Since there's a well established website here, with perfectly good deals and a friendly community why the heck would I choose your site over this?
    I'm sorry if I'm coming across as critical, but seriously, I'm telling you the damn truth.

@taipres said: BuyVM ... you essentially run this forum

BuyVM does not 'run' this forum, however Aldryic and Francisco are fairly active, and I'm sure most people appreciate their input.
    Arguably, they have one of the largest client bases on LEB, with a sizeable amount of them active on this forum. Does that create a bias? No. Their reputation has come from the quality of their services, and, like most provider representatives on here, will only really mention their company when appropriate.
    You could similarly mention Tim/Hostigation, EaseVPS, IPXCore, Edis and any other company who frequently posts on here. Not many people have a problem with it, if at all.

@taipres said: I find that sad and unfair to other providers who have quality offers and who are trying to grow their business.

Aren't all providers trying to grow their business? Is it fair to prioritise smaller hosts instead of larger ones in that case? Doesn't that produce a bias?

Taipres, the way you've acted on here has seriously tarnished my perception of your site, to be completely honest.
    If you simply said 'Hey guys! I've got a couple offers up here as well', I'm sure more people would be appreciative, instead of insulting the community.

[/rant]

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited April 2012

@raindog308 said: Hold on, brb, there's someone at my door.

One, Two; Pony's coming for you
    Three, Four; pin you to the floor
    Five, Six; now he gets his kicks
    Seven, Eight; forcing this bloody fate
    Nine, Ten; a twisted, brutal Zen

Thanked by 1Liam
  • ZettaZetta Member
    edited April 2012

You can flame all you want, but I'd be better off waiting for BuyVM stock than a new LEB post at this point...

• I've basically stopped visiting LEB.com. The Offers forum here is filling the role quite well I think. Without the anonymous-white-noise level.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

I'm well aware the community is why this site and LEB are still alive... because it definitely isn't anything else. with the trusty 14 year old mod above telling me LET isn't LEB(because that makes sense...), and with the 0 effort in any LEB posts or site additions or anything in years...it's has to be the community, no denying that. You guys can see this as flaming but it more speaking the truth, look I can appreciate what the original LEA has created especially for that time period, but that time is over. If you guys want to stick to the past, ignore my efforts of making something far better, want to stick to your sinking ship till the end, are comfortable with randoms banning people left and right on here(when I would never ban anyone) and changing up everything, and are all for BuyVM running your world when there (trust me FAR better deals out there) that's fine, that's your choice. Just remember someone tried to and succeeding in bringing something better. And I could careless what you think about me, you can paint me whatever picture you want, but i've seen how far this community and LEB has fallen. One doesn't have to look far to see that others agree with me either, even if they'll admit to it or not.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited April 2012

@taipres said: Just remember someone tried to and succeeding in bringing something better.

@taipres said: If you guys don't want the quality, and just want what LEB offers, that's fine, i'll shut down my site and you can have your LEB.

One of these things is not like the others...

All the best wishes with you and your website mec.. but if it were the success you claim, you wouldn't be here begging for us to migrate over.

At least be honest and admit that your feelings were hurt over not being part of the new staff, and that you simply want to run things your way.. your complete failure to address any of the valid counterpoints offered pretty well shows your 'lack of bias'.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited April 2012

Aldryic confirmed for running LET

• vedranvedran Veteran

@taipres said: with the trusty 14 year old mod above telling me LET isn't LEB

Since I'm not seeing Infinity in this thread, you must be referring to me. I'm not 14 ...

@taipres said: comfortable with randoms banning people left and right on here

Randoms who banning who? Chief banned Maounique and Naruto. Who else was banned by whom?

• flyfly Member

where's my edis :)

• I apologize for blowing up at you guys, I just felt like my efforts were for not, by and large. But considering providers got sales through my site and consumers found good cheap vps deals, all in all it's not a failure in my book. I don't know if i'm going to exit this space yet and focus my efforts elsewhere, but i'm definitely considering it. It's not an arrogance thing at all, I'm very humble, I just don't want to be second to any site, much less one I don't feel is even an adequate competitor. On many fronts, granted, you all seem to think different, so if LEB/LET is what you want, LEB/LET is what you'll get :) Wish this community all the best.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

I've been trying to space out the LEB posts to 1 every 2-3 days. I have 726 unread e-mails in my LEB inbox as of right now (most of them are LEB comments and wiki changes though) so I apologize for taking so long to approve the pending posts (I think we've got almost 2 weeks worth of pending posts if I approve one per day).

• ZettaZetta Member

By the way @taipres, there was one certain $10 KVM VPS on your site that I use now. Probably wouldn't have known about it with LEB's $7 limit. LEB at this point is just re-posting offers, and any good offers (like Corgitech for example) was already on LET ages ago...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Zetta said: By the way @taipres, there was one certain $10 KVM VPS on your site that I use now. Probably wouldn't have known about it with LEB's $7 limit. LEB at this point is just re-posting offers, and any good offers (like Corgitech for example) was already on LET ages ago...

I brought up to LEA a while back that he should consider boosting the minimum price for offers just because IP prices will be the big 'do in' for the market. There are some decent providers on here that live by their LEB/LEA threads and probably don't make a whole lot doing it, so maybe a few extra bucks breathing room would help keep the deadpool a little cleaner?

Francisco

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Kujoe some of them needs a final touch by an admin before publishing.

• flyfly Member
    edited April 2012

@mikho is right. They definitely need proof reading.

But they also need standardization. I think that having a standard list of features and tests would be best.

I think what would be great would be if @taipres and chief worked together. I think his system is a lot stronger, but lab has the community aspect that taipres is missing. The key is not MORE dispersion, but an overall stronger community on one site.

@liam said: It's sad the latest post wasn't proof read it's 'requesting' not 'requsting'.

Its also sad that users can't answer the question in the thread but instead complain about a typo at a different post.

@liam said: Actually I have already answered it, first person in fact.

And that is nice of you :) I'm feeling however with your post (and others), this thread is derailed.