Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/ - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

They call it Digital Ocean killer. A cloud service from Choopa/Constant: https://www.vultr.com/

Comments

• support123support123 Member
    edited February 2014

Void_Whisperer said: I am wonder what capacity

No idea,site is not complete still,being developed

• From title, I thought it's a new serverian brand

• @jcaleb said:
    From title, I thought it's a new serverian brand

It says from Choopa/Constant? lol

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

serverian said: Choopa/Constant

Those also sound like serverian brands, at least Choopa does.

Thanked by 2Gunter kerouac
  • GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

Choopa: The "classy" solution.

• @darknyan said:
    Choopa: The "classy" solution.

Looking at your thread history you're just a ball of sunshine aren't you.

@monsta_au - This does not share any server resources with GS. We do however have a whole bunch of racks/power and network built out around the world that we plan on using a lot more of these days =). AU will be up and running soon.

Thanked by 1Monsta_AU
  • serverian said: It says from Choopa/Constant? lol

I thought that was the DC

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@NickM said:
    Terrible name.

Hah, that's what I was thinking.

• raindog308 said: What is not "proper" about AWS, Azure (yes, they do Linux VMs), Google, Rackspace, etc.?

I think that he was referring to the "standard pricing" part :P - Who wouldn't buy Rackspace or AWS, Azure for $7 or less per month?

• @DaveA said:

That was never meant to be condescending.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

CHOOPA :- In hindi language, this word has a bad meaning :P

• cfgguy said: CHOOPA :- In hindi language, this word has a bad meaning :P

Pm me what is the meaning ? Me bhi India se hu :)

• @NickM said:
    Terrible name.

Incredibly terrible name. Although perhaps fitting for the current political climate.

• @rds100 said:
    My $74.95 credit with DO, of which $70 was for free is still there though.

Same here

I have free credit with DO and have credit with iwstack (it is the best BTW)

But I'll try them with $10 and see

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Which virtualization are they using?

• and imho- I don't think their pricing compared to DO is much different.

• @DaveA said:
    This does not share any server resources with GS. We do however have a whole bunch of racks/power and network built out around the world that we plan on using a lot more of these days =). AU will be up and running soon.

Great to hear, and your plans will make everyone down here sit up and take notice. Most local providers are offering 1vCPU, 256MB/512MB, 20GB disk or 5GB SSD for $10 per month. You have halved that cost.

The quicker this arrives and is active, the better.

• Hosting name does not matter.Their quality of service speak for them.Don't fall for good name.Also all that glitters is not gold.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • 8 locations Temporarily SOLD OUT! Notify Me

• For the most part the service name doesn't matter that much. It could be something ordinary, mundane, etc. and it's no big deal. But for a name and branding that's really bad, like "vultr" I'm not sure I could bring myself to sign up for it regardless of the quality of service. Sorry.

• Debian has been added.

• I want debian 6 32 bittttt.....why you no 32 bitttttt mannnnnn.....:p

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited February 2014

@instatech said:
    Hosting name does not matter.Their quality of service speak for them.Don't fall for good name.Also all that glitters is not gold.

True, materiality of language and psychological affect doesn't necessarily mean 'bad' service...

• Well, their DDoS protection in Amsterdam is nonexistent, server goes down with every incoming attack.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • I am really curious why choopa/constant is ruining their reputation with this immature clone of DO.

• Do you have any details to share as to what attack(s) we're talking about, what amounts, or any other details?
    I put up a few tests here:

https://k0nsl.org/blog/initial-results-with-vultr-hosting/

I'm also doing tests on their New Jersey location later on.

@tr1cky said:
    Well, their DDoS protection in Amsterdam is nonexistent, server goes down with every incoming attack.

• DaveA said: We had 20 locations but we pulled some right away knowing they'd be a few weeks out

nice, waiting for locations =)

• @k0nsl said:

Do you have any details to share as to what attack(s) we're talking about, what amounts, or any other details?

Well, atleast I was told it was an attack in the double digit range, maybe they just can't take 10gbit+ attacks.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2014

@DaveA the promotion terms have changed, no more upper limit to doubling?

also can you tell us when approximately it ends, e.g. in 3 days, one week, one month?...

• @imperio said:
    I am really curious why choopa/constant is ruining their reputation with this immature clone of DO.

You are the kind of person that would call a BMW car a clone of an Audi car because they both have 4 wheels.

They might be similar, but that does NOT mean one is a clone of the other. I mean, by that logic every VPS provider is a clone of each other because they provide a similar service.