Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS.com dedicated server - how to reinstall operating system.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS.com dedicated server - how to reinstall operating system.

I have ordered and received a dedicated server with DelimiterVPS.com :

HP DL145 Dual Opteron, 2GB RAM, 250GB Disk - $10/mo ($20/mo paid monthly)

I am not very happy as it took seven days to complete but this was over the new year and a weekend.

There is no control panel for reinstalling operating systems.

Centos was installed and I would like to install Ubuntu but can find no method to do so.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• c0yc0y Member

Try debootstrap.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

What was the response to the ticket you opened with them?

• Im sure there is something in the client area on the service . If there isnt submit a ticket or contact @MarkTurner

• http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/19092/delimiter-hp-dl145-opteron-bf-special-review

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/19222/two-day-blowout-dual-hex-48gb-2tb-49-atom-5-dual-xeon-16gb-500gb-20/p2

There seems to be a control panel but I cannot find it in the client portal anywhere.

I have not opened a ticket about this as I thought that I might be missing something stupid.

• https://clients.delimitervps.com/

Login -> Services -> choose server -> reinstall

• @MarkTurner - Do these have servers have IPMI?

• Which servers? DL145's? They have power control not KVM

• Ticket Created #183401 IPMI error very frustrating

• @delboy same as me..
    to many Error: Unable to establish IPMI v2 / RMCP+ session Unable to get Chassis Power Status..
    i was submit ticket,, every get this error.. very frustrating with this..
    even i cant access to ILO at this time..

• ATHKATHK Member

delboy said: I have not opened a ticket about this as I thought that I might be missing something stupid.

lol! LET is not the helpdesk you're looking for.

• @donext said:
    delboy same as me..
    to many Error: Unable to establish IPMI v2 / RMCP+ session Unable to get Chassis Power Status..
    i was submit ticket,, every get this error.. very frustrating with this..
    even i cant access to ILO at this time..

You will need to get them to hard reboot your server then the ILO will be working.

• wcypierre said: You will need to get them to hard reboot your server then the ILO will be working.

how i can hardreboot? i was try via ssh reboot command, but still same..
    when access from client area delimitervps.. i see ::
    Error: Unable to establish IPMI v2 / RMCP+ session Unable to get Chassis Power Status

• @donext said:

You would need to open a support ticket, and get the support team member to hard reboot the server for you. I had that issue as well and hard rebooting it resolved the issue

• wcypierre said: You would need to open a support ticket, and get the support team member to hard reboot the server for you. I had that issue as well and hard rebooting it resolved the issue

i tired submit ticket.. resubmit ticket, was request 4 times.. they has been repaired and error like this again..

• I'll leave that for @markturner to answer then

• i was resubmit this... they will fix this again..

• i didnt have the option in my CP on one of my dedi's - i uploaded ISO from iLO and opened a ticket. before ISO was uploaded they had adjusted my CP and I could PXE boot and install a bunch of OS's including hyperv and esxi which were what i needed.

open the ticket in the right place first....