Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two day blowout - Dual Hex, 48GB, 2TB - $49, Atom $5, Dual Xeon, 16GB, 500GB - $20 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Two day blowout - Dual Hex, 48GB, 2TB - $49, Atom $5, Dual Xeon, 16GB, 500GB - $20

2»

Comments

• Also does anyone have an idea how long it takes for the order to be out of the pending stage? Is it around 1-2 days for the setup or should I be waiting longer...

• 1-3 working days

• @MarkTurner said:
    dispose of them to make space for newer models.

As in throw away, or just throw them in storage?

• @skybucks100 usually these systems end up either at local schools or at a local recycler.

• @MarkTurner said:
    skybucks100 usually these systems end up either at local schools or at a local recycler.

Phew, I thought you were just going to throw them away. Good thing they're going to a good cause :)

• Hi - is it possible to install ESXi 5.5 on the HP BL460C Dual X5150 setup?

• @ct_tx - Yes many customers do this

• @MarkTurner can you check why I am Banned. PM you.

• @MarkTurner - Thanks. I just placed an order, however, my IP was banned. How do we resolve this?

• @ct_tx pm me your email and I'll try to get it solved for you

• Few servers left and a few hours to go. If you're thinking about getting one of these deals you need to do it pronto!

• have you got new york setup yet?

• @lukesUbuntu - yes and connected to NYIIX

• S**t how do i get connected and can you pm test ip for my cluster keen as on a purchase

• I ordered HP BL460C

• @MarkTurner When trying to order i cant select location that has connected to NYIIX

• @lukesUbuntu - what are you trying to order?

• Was trying to get Atom 230, 2GB RAM, 100GB Disk @ New York

• @lukesUbuntu - There wont be any atoms in NY. Real estate is way too expensive, we're in the west side of Manhattan. I think all of Delimiter's offers expired last night too. So its back to normal prices until Steve concocts some new offers.

• @MarkTurner Is there any sort of mailing list for new york deals i can get added to, as i am pretty keen to get a low end dedi around NYC way thanks in advance

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited January 2014

@lukesUbuntu - I really doubt there will be any low prices out of Manhattan. Yomura is selling the servers internally to Delimiter at 3-4x higher than cities like Atlanta, Dallas or Phoenix. Real estate cost is substantially higher, power cost is 2-3x higher.

I think you may see some low cost deals in Chicago, Phoenix, Salt Lake City later in the year but probably nothing as crazy as those Atlanta deals last month.

If you PM me your email, I will pass it to Steve and have him add you to his 'deals' mailing list.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • Yay my atom dedicated got setup! But... They installed CentOS 5 on it instead of Ubuntu 12.04 that I thought I mentioned in the order notes :( Hopefully the "Server Reinstall" thing works...

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited January 2014

@Rob92 I dont believe there are any order notes on Delimiter's forms. The reinstaller will have you sorted in no-time though.

• Huh I could have sworn that I said it somewhere. Meh oh well Ubuntu 12.04 says its reinstalling now...

• @Rob92 By default everything gets installed with Centos 64 bit as 99% of customers want it.

• Ah that would make sense. Looks like I am the 1% :D

• @Rob92 did you complete your Ubuntu install ok?

• @MarkTurner Yep it completed just fine without soft-bricking or anything :)