Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ddos and considerations - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ddos and considerations

2»

Comments

• Grappa is so gross!

Thanked by 1LES
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2012

@prometeus said: vodka around as it was water

Voda means water, vodka a diminutive of that, like in capo-capolino, voda-vodka. Little water or something :P
    M

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

It used to be (expecially because a lot was homemade), but today you find that you have a lot of choice... :)

• Grappa? It's just rakia.

@rds100 said: rakia

if I remember well from my trips, rakia can be distilled from different fruit

• @prometeus yes, it can be from various fruits or from grape.

edited March 2012

In Romania, especially the northern parts, it is mostly made out of plums (prune in Romanian- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plum ), but the grapes variant is quite frequent. Ppl make it at home, sometimes double or triple pass, using the residues from wine-making.
    Still, the really appreciated stuff is made of plums or similar fruits (corcoduse dunno if English has an equivalent).
    It is called tzuica (the one from plums especially but there are other variants called tzuica too) and also rachiu-rachie (mostly in the east, more influenced by slavian ppls).
    M

I've never been in Romania, maybe next year ;)

• vldvld Member

@Maonique let's not make fun of our language, it's "țuică".
    Noroc :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2012

@prometeus said: if I remember well from my trips, rakia can be distilled from different fruit

Plum. Always plum (disregarding wiki says different :P). Other drinks have different names (ie. lozovaca from grapes, travarica from herbs, medica with honey...).

@prometeus, you can get proper rakia much closer (ie. Balkan). Or even closer.. "on the sunny side of the alps" at my home :P

@vld said: let's not make fun of our language, it's "țuică".

Noroc :)

If you think they know how to read that, np, but I doubt :) I dont write with romanian letters, but a romanian knows what tuica is, a foreigner wont read it correctly, tho.
    M