Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

13th anniversary promotions - NVMe Compute & RAID10 Storage VMs - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

13th anniversary promotions - NVMe Compute & RAID10 Storage VMs

Comments

• SmigitSmigit Member

@gemini90 said:
    It would be great if the Christmas deals offer monthly payment options like last time.

Yeah I’d welcome that. Don’t mind paying the extra 10-15% on top that there was last time.

• emghemgh Member

Meh, for monthly there’s always Digital Ocean

• golcgolc Member
    edited April 28

Invoice # 400015 paid two years, please double my ram and bandwidth.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member

are mail ports open in the sorage vm's?

• 64383042a64383042a Member
    edited April 28

@gemini90 said:
    It would be great if the Christmas deals offer monthly payment options like last time.

Second that.

@hosthatch would u consider that please?

Thanks anyways

• @kkrajk said:
    are mail ports open in the sorage vm's?

No, they aren't open for any servers. I got it open, so they might let you, but I am a long time customer who provided documentation of my use and appropriate controls to avoid spam generation.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • aj_potcaj_potc Member

@biu2022 said:

@webcraft said:

@biu2022 said:
    It wasn't as good as past events and I was hoping to bring in more deals. It should be the same as this one or with the deals: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/186642/premium-apac-new-york-and-amsterdam-deals/p1

Except for the 2GB plan (which won't come as said in op) what are you missing? All offers posted here appear to me to have a better value.

Bigger RAM is more in demand than hard drives: And then, our Black Friday-esque NVMe deals

I also don't see what you're missing.

There's one package with 24 GB of RAM, and the smaller ones (Black Friday-esque) are stackable. What high-RAM configuration are you not able to achieve with these options?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Smigit said:

@gemini90 said:

Yeah I’d welcome that. Don’t mind paying the extra 10-15% on top that there was last time.

We're running close to capacity in most locations and having to get new racks/hardware, so unfortunately there is not much incentive for us to do monthly, which has a high churn rate. Similar to how there are no plans to introduce hourly billing.

I wish there was a way to do monthly billing with yearly contracts, like some German providers do, but that is not something we want to delve into for the moment.

These plans are only possible at this price/quality if we remove the churn rate that comes with monthly plans.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Oranges said:
    Is port 25 open?

It can be opened by request, if you open a ticket and include details about why you need to use it. We're quite lenient about this, until there is any spam involved.

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • aj_potcaj_potc Member

@hosthatch said:

I wish there was a way to do monthly billing with yearly contracts, like some German providers do, but that is not something we want to delve into for the moment.

Unless you love dealing with collections problems and an even heavier ticket load on your billing department, then no, you definitely don't want to go in that direction. :wink:

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Any bigger configurations with more dedicated resources planned? Something like the Christmas offer just with full dedicated cores so it can be used for gameservers?

• @webcraft said:
    Any bigger configurations with more dedicated resources planned? Something like the Christmas offer just with full dedicated cores so it can be used for gameservers?

Everything stacks. :)

• @hosthatch said:
    Note that you will lose IPv4 address(es) when stacking, since only one IPv4 is carried over.

You will also lose some of the total number CPU cores, since only the dedicated CPU % is carried over when stacking.

@hosthatch , these two conditions for stacking are quite discouraging and value lost for the offers. It would be great if all specs are kept and actually get stacked.

Congrats for the anniversary and thank you for the offer anyways

Thanked by 1kullgames
  • Brend4nBrend4n Member

Invoice #400060, please double bandwidth and ram

• @the_doctor said:

@webcraft said:
    Any bigger configurations with more dedicated resources planned? Something like the Christmas offer just with full dedicated cores so it can be used for gameservers?

Everything stacks. :)

not everything, the Christmas deal particularly not * Cannot be stacked

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • bdlbdl Member

@Brend4n said:

please open ticket in Hosthatch portal

• @bdl said:

@Brend4n said:

I have never needed to, they just double or 1.5x the order when it's provisioned.

• kullgameskullgames Member
    edited April 28

@64383042a said:

@hosthatch said:
    Note that you will lose IPv4 address(es) when stacking, since only one IPv4 is carried over.

You will also lose some of the total number CPU cores, since only the dedicated CPU % is carried over when stacking.

@hosthatch , these two conditions for stacking are quite discouraging and value lost for the offers. It would be great if all specs are kept and actually get stacked.

Yeah, losing the extra cores is huge, the extra ip I could take it or leave it.

• @kullgames said:

@64383042a said:

@hosthatch said:

Yeah, losing the extra cores is huge, the extra ip I could take it or leave it.

Losing the extra IP is huge too if you factor in how much it cost normally.

• OrangesOranges Member
    edited April 28

@hosthatch said:

@Oranges said:
    Is port 25 open?

It can be opened by request, if you open a ticket and include details about why you need to use it. We're quite lenient about this, until there is any spam involved.

I plan to buy a Hong Kong node and a Singapore node, but I seem to have submitted two Hong Kong nodes when I submitted the order.
    Can you check whether my order is correct for me?
    I can't see which nodes I bought from the bill. if there is a mistake, can you correct it for me?
    I have already made out the invoice, ticket number: # 787926

• bdlbdl Member

@the_doctor said:

@bdl said:

@Brend4n said:

I have never needed to, they just double or 1.5x the order when it's provisioned.

Still beats posting in the forum :) no idea why people do this, perhaps laziness (?)

• kullgameskullgames Member
    edited April 28

Also any yabs for London & Sydney for the 8g?

• emghemgh Member

@Oranges said:

@hosthatch said:

@Oranges said:
    Is port 25 open?

I plan to buy a Hong Kong node and a Singapore node, but I seem to have submitted two Hong Kong nodes when I submitted the order.
    Can you check whether my order is correct for me?
    I can't see which nodes I bought from the bill. if there is a mistake, can you correct it for me?
    I have already made out the invoice, ticket number: # 787926

Ticket

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 28

@hosthatch Is London put in by accident for the 24G on the thread, or missed when adding to the promo page?

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Why the $29 shows $35 ?

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Why the $29 shows $35 ?

Different locations have different prices. ..starting at $29.

• Has your 24GB RAM, 6CPU (2 dedicated, 4 fair-shared cores), 300GB NVME all gone in the UK?

I have checked your site and seems theres none under UK. Is this a bug or thats then gone?

6 CPU cores (2 dedicated, 4 fair-shared cores) ROME/MILAN
    24 GB RAM 
    300 GB NVMe storage
    50 TB premium bandwidth
    $115 per year, $200 per two years

Available in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, London and Stockholm (also available in AMS, VIE, ZRH, SGP, HKG, SYD and TOK for a higher cost/lower bandwidth)
    Maximum 4 VM limit per customer (ie you can deploy four VMs in one location, or in different locations) - 
    if you somehow manage to break through and order more than 4 because of a bug on our end, we will cancel the order and refund it to your credit. 
    No refund back to original payment method will be provided. Please make sure you understand before proceeding to attempt this.
    * Cannot be stacked

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Happy Anniversary!

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • Brend4nBrend4n Member

@bdl said:

@the_doctor said:

@bdl said:

@Brend4n said:

Still beats posting in the forum :) no idea why people do this, perhaps laziness (?)

Habit since racknerd did this.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • lothoslothos Member

Happy anniversary!