Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looks like limewave had all upstreams pulled - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looks like limewave had all upstreams pulled

Comments

• ascicodeascicode Member
    edited February 4

@DP @Not_Oles @Arkas @FAT32 @MikePT
    Please watch this thread and decide whats happening in this drama. The provider is a veteran here and so as his hosting company.
    If he tries to get another hardware online, then its just a restructure of his business and will be kept awake after. Its his desicion, thats need to be respected.
    Some here insulting as it was a newbie here.

Tell me the actual invested money this or last year and we can decide if you are invited to talk further or gtfo.

• PeterPPeterP Member, Host Rep
    edited February 4

@ascicode said:
    Its his desicion, thats need to be respected.

Why should he be respected if he's shown no remorse for his customers that he's screwed over in this thread and keeps putting the blame on others?

I'm sorry but you don't go screwing over hundreds of customers and then expect to have everyone's utmost respect after the fact.

• To me it looks like exit scam.
    Bundled together with being total asshole and having big ego issues.

Thanked by 3PeterP greentea kode9
  • jlet88jlet88 Member
    edited February 4

Dear @Dvo ,

I just finished reading all your comments in this thread, and I mean this sincerely, but I wonder if you've asked yourself what your reputation is worth?

Again, I mean that sincerely, non-confrontationally, profoundly, and human-to-human.

Now it's clear you're a fairly smart guy, you've figured out a lot of things about how shutting down your services like this will impact your customers, what their probable response will be (which no doubt you're not surprised about in this thread), and what the legal and financial implications/ramifications are.

So not to get into any of that, which you and others have discussed plenty in this thread, I do think you're missing something very, very important in your contemplation of the fallout of your actions and statements.

Basically, a level-headed, decent human being would very likely conclude that this is a train wreck and that you are single-handedly trashing your own reputation, simple as that.

Look, in a few years when you want to apply for a new job, this thread and what you've said will follow you around.

In 5-10 years when you want to start a new business, this thread will follow you around.

In 20-30 years when you want to run for political office, this thread will follow you around.

And more importantly, eventually, you'll have to explain this thread to your kids.

Now I don't know if you have kids right now, but for a younger kid, you can hide a lot from them, and explain away a lot of things, if that's what you want to do. But when your kids are adults, and they run across this info, what are you going to say to them then?

Now maybe you already have the answer for that, and you'll explain quarterly expenses, the realities of owning your own business, margins, inflation, PayPal policies, whatever, but if you have a fair-minded, smart, independent, thinking kid (which I hope you do have one of those, they are great!), they are really going to wonder why their good ol' dad (or mom, apologies if I assumed incorrectly) is such a prick.

Now again, I'm truly, sincerely amazed by your comments because in between the lines, it's clear you have some intelligence, especially of jurisdictional debt collections procedures and related issues, and so it surprises me that you're missing this much more important perspective:

Again, what is your reputation worth?

And by that I mean, what is your personal, family, community, and professional reputation worth?

So here's a sincere suggestion for you to help you begin to restore your reputation... I'll draft an apology letter for you right now that will be a good start. Your future self will thank your current self if you do something like this:

Dear customers and LET community:

After a lot of soul searching and reflecting on your feedback over how I've handled things over the last several days with my business, I want to sincerely apologize to you all for my unprofessional behavior and attitude.

In sincere full disclosure, for the last few months I've actually been in a deep period of reflection about my business, and I finally, recently decided to make a major change to my business. This was a very hard decision to make, and it involved a lot of personal and financial factors. In the end, I decided to cease operations as a VPS/hosting provider and shut down that part of my business.

Unfortunately, the way I implemented that huge change so drastically was very unprofessional, and I didn't give you all enough notice as I transition away from my prior business model. I have always appreciated your support as customers, and I'm truly embarrassed that I handled myself so poorly. Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience I may have caused you, and I intend to make things right by you.

1 - Starting --insert date-- I will make available ALL your content so you can pull data from your prior services. You will have a minimum of two weeks to pull your data. Please let me know in the ticket system if you are having trouble pulling your data, and I will assist you.

2 - Effective immediately, I will begin processing pro-rated refunds, back-dated to December 2023, to all customers for services they paid for but did not receive in full.

Again, my sincere apologies for how this all went down the last several days. I could have and should have done better by you.

I'm learning in life that you when you make mistakes like this, and finally recognize those mistakes, it's important to own up to them and make things right.

Sincerely, Dvo, CEO, Limewave Communications Inc.

So that would be a good start, and probably go a long way to help stop the self-inflicted wounds you are currently doing to your reputation.

And in the future, when your son or daughter is an adult and they stumble across this info about you, here's a suggestion for what to tell them:

"Hey --insert son's or daughter's name--, yeah, I screwed up big time on that. I learned an important life lesson though, and I'm glad I learned it. See, sometimes you have to make a big mistake like that before you can learn something about yourself so you can grow as a human being, and then you gotta make it right, and turn things around. Because guess what? Your reputation DOES mean something, short-term and long-term. I can look myself in the mirror and feel like I did the right thing by owning up and fixing a mistake. And also, the measure of a good person is what you do when you realize you make a mistake. That's way more important than any of the money involved. And you know what, dear? Do the right thing, you won't regret it down the road."

Then give your adult kid a big hug, take them out to a nice dinner, reminisce with them about some good times, and then.... watch the look on their face when they take pride in you.

That's worth a LOT of pro-rated refunds.

So, there's some food for thought.

Cheers to all!

Thanked by 3_MS_ greentea Pixels
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@PeterP said: But it seems money is worth more to the LET admins than their reputation and protecting their users.

That is pure BS. I'm surprised you still have your tag. :smile:

Thanked by 2kait emgh
  • kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@Dvo said:
    I’m not going to be proactive in refunding, simply because of all the drama with the refunds themselves. If people think paying $12/yr for a service, using the service for 6 months, then charging back the full $12 when they’re only lawfully entitled to a $6 refund, I’m not going to sit there and fuck around with arguing with people. Let them get their $12 refund,

It depends if you sold month-to-month service, and the customer had a credit on file that was decreasing each month. Then maybe they are lawfully entitled to a partial refund.

Your agreements were for a year of service, you are not following your agreements, the full charge backs are valid.

What about when someone is paying $50/year? Or $100/year?

I’ll tack on a $200 administrative fee, a $50 charge back fee, the balance due and the interest, then fire the account off to collections. Problem solved.

Try it.. Please..

had I known I was going to be a VPN (I mean VPS) host in that market and their love for HE, I never would’ve signed Cogent.

Nobody likes Cogent except providers because they are cheap, but there is a reason they are cheap.. They are the low-end-transit provider.

• PeterPPeterP Member, Host Rep

@Arkas said:

@PeterP said: But it seems money is worth more to the LET admins than their reputation and protecting their users.

That is pure BS. I'm surprised you still have your tag. :smile:

I dunno about you chief but I don't see a Patron Provider tag on my profile. Reading must be difficult

• Don't waste you energy on this douche bag, noting is going to change what he is.

Some relevant info:

Limewave Communications Inc. is federally regulated in Canada and has annual filing requirements and is essentially toast.

DVO = Donny/Donald Osachoff
    307 103 ST
    Castlegar BC V1N 3G1
    Canada

Some family history to give perspective as to the type of people involved: Hampton v. Osachoff

• bootboot Member

@Kris said: Keep on sucking Dvo off, or... just his alt?

Not fellating anyone here, nor have I defended the actions of him. Just having a hearty laugh at your idle (2 lawyers) threats, which make you look like a prat.

• bootboot Member

@nulled said:
    Don't waste you energy on this douche bag, noting is going to change what he is.

Some relevant info:

Limewave Communications Inc. is federally regulated in Canada and has annual filing requirements and is essentially toast.

307 103 ST
    Castlegar BC V1N 3G1
    Canada

Some family history to give perspective as to the type of people involved: Hampton v. Osachoff

Really? A civil lawsuit for a motor vehicle accident of a relative? Such the horror. Still not defending the guy, but you detectives and litigators are gonna have to come harder than that.

Weaksauce.

• @PeterP said:

@ascicode said:
    Its his desicion, thats need to be respected.

Why should he be respected if he's shown no remorse for his customers that he's screwed over in this thread and keeps putting the blame on others?

I'm sorry but you don't go screwing over hundreds of customers and then expect to have everyone's utmost respect after the fact.

Because no one knows the story behind.

• @borowsky said:
    To me it looks like exit scam.

An exit scam isn't that long after first selling.

• kaitkait Member

@ascicode said: An exit scam isn't that long after first selling.

False, you can exitscam after being in business for 10 years.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • DvoDvo Veteran

@nulled said:
    Don't waste you energy on this douche bag, noting is going to change what he is.

Some relevant info:

307 103 ST
    Castlegar BC V1N 3G1
    Canada

No idea who those people are. Based on your logic, if my last name was Doe, I lived in Vancouver and Vancouver had 500 doe's, we'd all be related.

Do you actually use your brain? Smith... Green.. your lastname, dumbass.

• DvoDvo Veteran
    edited February 4

@boot said:

@Kris said: Keep on sucking Dvo off, or... just his alt?

Not fellating anyone here, nor have I defended the actions of him. Just having a hearty laugh at your idle (2 lawyers) threats, which make you look like a prat.

2 lawyers, FTC... straight to cockmeat combos.

Mental illness is a wonderful thing!! :)

• @ascicode said:

@borowsky said:

he literally had a thread only a couple weeks ago in december. he had to have seen this coming down the pipeline. it's not like it's something that would have happened overnight. whether he was panic selling trying to drum up business to prevent it or not we dont know

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @boot said:

@Kris said: I've had enough of this little shit.

@Kris said: I'm already filing reports with the FTC

LOL. Yeah they have real jurisdiction over a Canadian company. Keep seething harder, you will get your $15 dollars back. Don't give in to the bully from B.C.

But isn't this moron from Canada the one who said that he will send a debt collector for $6 won in dispute to chase down some random people in let's say Bangalore - India, Zhengzhou - China or Timișoara - Romania? :) Or he was selling his service only to Canadians? :)

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • DvoDvo Veteran

@khajiit said:

@ascicode said:

@borowsky said:

he literally had a thread only a couple weeks ago in december. he had to have seen this coming down the pipeline. it's not like it's something that would have happened overnight. whether he was panic selling trying to drum up business to prevent it or not we dont know

No, the Ryzen nodes never came up until November 20th (ish) and that post was made on December 2nd. The network was killed Jan 28th.

If by a couple weeks, you mean.. what is that, 8ish weeks. Then sure.

• @Dvo said:

@khajiit said:

@ascicode said:

@borowsky said:

No, the Ryzen nodes never came up until November 20th (ish) and that post was made on December 2nd. The network was killed Jan 28th.

your colocation provider isn't going to pull the plug on you, the customer in 30 days (4 weeks) so 8 weeks in this scenario is reasonable

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@PeterP said: Reading must be difficult

I'm talking about your Host Rep tag... Comprehension must be difficult.

Thanked by 3khajiit kait emgh
  • DvoDvo Veteran

@khajiit said:

@Dvo said:

@khajiit said:

@ascicode said:

@borowsky said:

your colocation provider isn't going to pull the plug on you, the customer in 30 days (4 weeks) so 8 weeks in this scenario is reasonable

Why would I be putting new nodes into service if I was planning on shutting down? The nodes sat there since June, if I was planning on shutting down, I just would've left them sitting in the rack unconnected.

• vilkavilka Member

I paid 45$ for 1 year and my server worked for 9 days, is this normal? Where is my money @Dvo

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@vilka said:
    I paid 45$ for 1 year and my server worked for 9 days, is this normal? Where is my money @Dvo

According to him, if you pay $250 in fees he'll refund your $45.

• DvoDvo Veteran

@raindog308 said:

@vilka said:

Is that CAD or USD?

• What about my credits? Will they disappear now? Or I can use that/ get them back?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @vilka said:

@Dvo said he won't proactively refund. Presumably that does mean that if you send him a request for a refund, he will honor your request.

• edited February 4

@plumberg said:
    What about my credits? Will they disappear now? Or I can use that/ get them back?

In theory it would likely depend on the fineprint (or lack thereof and how the jurisdiction in question interprets that) but if you've read the thread it might not have escaped you that the host doesn't seem overly cooperative or friendly to put it nicely.

Thanked by 2greentea plumberg
  • rjblrjbl Member

@Dvo said:

@raindog308 said:

@vilka said:

Is that CAD or USD?

I am not sure why do you still have the time to joke around....

• kode9kode9 Member

@rjbl said:

@Dvo said:

@raindog308 said:

@vilka said:

Is that CAD or USD?

I am not sure why do you still have the time to joke around....

Coz he just doesn't give a rats ass about it. IT's a deadpool. Nobody's getting their money back no matter what @Dvo says :).
    Fuck it. Next time all of us ( including myself - a customer of limewave ) should pay more attention to 'the signs' :)

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @kode9 said:
    Next time all of us ( including myself - a customer of limewave ) should pay more attention to 'the signs' :)

If you start paying attention to the signs, you'll eliminate from consideration 66% of the providers here.