Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Ace - Emergency Node Migration - Yet another country change
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Ace - Emergency Node Migration - Yet another country change

Signed up a month ago:

VPS Ace – $2.50/month 256MB OpenVZ VPS in Siauliai Lithuania (Baltic Servers)
October 22, 2013 @ 5:44 am, by Maarten Kossen

http://lowendbox.com/blog/vpsace-7month-2gb-and-2-50month-256mb-openvz-vps-in-buffalo-chicago-la-and-siauliai/

On 22.11.2013 I have received this email:

Hello,

This message is to notify you in the next 24 hours, we will be preforming an emergency migration which will require us to move
 your VPS container from Siauliai, Lithuania to Alblasserdam, Netherlands due to our vendor not being able to province us with additional IP IPv4 space.

We greatly apologize for any inconvenience, and ask if you have any questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

VPS Ace Support
[email protected]

I'm really so happy to have another VPS in Netherlands :(

Comments

• This is the 2nd provider that has been forced to do an emergency migration from Lithuania after Baltic Servers refused to give them more IPs. Hudson Valley Host was forced to move in May.
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/10362/hudson-valley-host-closing-lithuania-location

I'm really so happy to have another VPS in Netherlands

Consider yourself lucky. HVH migrated their Lithuania customers to Buffalo

• Haha. I would demand a refund and if they dont accept contact paypal. Seriously chaning from Lithuania to Netherlands is a cheeck!

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2013

Hi!

We have a Central-Europe location, with a good Tier2 and Tier1 international connection.

• @Jack

At least it prevents overselling ;)

• Is that with @WeServIT ?

It's Dataplace so probably either WeServIt or InstantDedicated

• Jack said: Well if they went with InstantDedicated... Good luck.

Maybe you should elaborate..

• LeeLee Veteran

Seems like a lack of forward planning/thinking which is pretty poor.

• @Jack said:
    "Alblasserdam, Netherlands"

Is that with WeServIT ?

or Nforce if I remember correctly. RamNode (@Nick_A) is also located there. right?

• @Jack said:
    Ash_Hawkridge Jelle pulled out of a DC without informing clients of doing the move..

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8053369&postcount=60

Let alone it being a 1 man show for god knows how long.

• @Jack said:
    Prevents overselling and creates deadpool.

Nah, that's just if you aim solely at the LE market.

@W1V_Lee said:
    Seems like a lack of forward planning/thinking which is pretty poor.

Yes. This! They should have asked about IP availability beforehand.

Isn't Torq with Baltic as well? They don't seem to have IP issues.

• No, Torqhost is hosted in Estonia (WaveCom DC) not Lithuania ;-)

• Isn't Torq with Baltic as well? They don't seem to have IP issues.

Torq=Estonia. The only VPS provider that doesn't have trouble getting IPs from Baltic is Cloudlix, who are also from Lithuania. Cloudlix did most of the development for the control panel Baltic uses.

or Nforce

NForce is in Amsterdam...used by Iniz, KnownSRV and Edis/Waveride

• DomainBop said: Torq=Estonia.
    Spirit said: No, Torqhost is hosted in Estonia (WaveCom DC) not Lithuania ;-)

Sorry, my bad.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2013

Sorry but I call serious BS.

You do not do a 'emergency' migration with 24 hours notice to another country because of lack of IP space.

This simply makes no sense.

You think damn, no more IP's lets start to look for another option, you plan it, do the very best you can, and give plenty of notice to clients and offer some options.

so yeah.. BS, it is not an Emergency.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

Of course it's BS, as you say, there is no need to migrate, just leave the ones you have in place and sell no more.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Sorry but I said it when they posted the offer:
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/vpsace-7month-2gb-and-2-50month-256mb-openvz-vps-in-buffalo-chicago-la-and-siauliai/#comment-137160

Can't providers do a little research at least before renting servers? Come on.

• i know for a fact they have plenty of ip's to give.. reseller
    it's probably more a matter of Lithuania is more expensive and doesn't have a strong network compared to Netherlands where you can get an E3 for 40 euro on 1gbit

• @AutoSnipe said:
    i know for a fact they have plenty of ip's to give.. reseller
    it's probably more a matter of Lithuania is more expensive and doesn't have a strong network compared to Netherlands where you can get an E3 for 40 euro on 1gbit

Where, show me!

• LeeLee Veteran

@Autosnipe - It is not about whether they have plenty of IP's, it is about understanding what they are willing to provide.

You can't look at an offer and think "Oh look they only provide a /27 with each server, but meh, they will give me more when I need it".

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited November 2013

@W1V_Lee said: Of course it's BS, as you say, there is no need to migrate, just leave the ones you have in place and sell no more.

Yes, this is the first question that came to mind first hearing about this. Only logical answer is, they WANT to migrate current clients to NL, too. Must be much more profitable for them and they gamble on most clients' staying with them after the move. This would also explain why they did not offer another East European location instead (like neighboring Estonia, for example).

• I just remembered this VPSB thread from last week: VPS Ace was hacked a couple of weeks ago and never notified their users. Their database was being offered for sale on hacking forums:

VPSAce.com was hacked. Their WHMCS was victimized. Their WHMCS database was stolen. The on disk encryption key was swiped.

http://vpsboard.com/topic/2628-vpsace-hacked-database-stolen-encryption-key-for-cards-likely-taken/?hl=+vpsace

• Did they send any notification to their customers yet?

• charlie said: Hi!

We have a Central-Europe location, with a good Tier2 and Tier1 international connection.

@charlie: No Fekete Péntek special deals? I saw you have a coupon for 50% off the first month...considered giving about a recurring 50% off for Black Friday? (might pick up some VPSAce refugees...)

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited November 2013

@ftpit said:
    Did they send any notification to their customers yet?

Never. My ticket was answered after 2 days of waiting :)

• alexvolk said: Never. My ticket answered after 2 days of waiting :)

Well, 2 days for answering does not seem good sign

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited November 2013

@ftpit said:

Haha, forgot to say that migration was done and I didn't receive any information about it as well. Basically ticket was created to get information about my new IP.

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

@craigb said:
    charlie: No Fekete Péntek special deals? I saw you have a coupon for 50% off the first month...considered giving about a recurring 50% off for Black Friday? (might pick up some VPSAce refugees...)

Sorry, we haven't.